***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,716,909 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by PSully97
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://ts.la/eric59704
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Another day with no baseball...

wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let me get with my wife about it.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can y'all help me remember all the trade acquisitions this year?

Grienke
Sanchez
Biagini
Maldonado

Anyone else?
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

n_touch said:



The other version had the championship logo instead of the roaster in the top spot. I kind of like this since you can instantly look at it and the scores bring back memories from all the games. I have a couple different ideas in mind, just wanted some feedback from everyone on here.
Got mine hanging in the media room...definitely like the WS Logo instead of the roster (which is the kind I have)

I liked parts of both so I ordered both... also made great Christmas gifts that year for family members that were long time Houstonians.
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Here are our trades according to Baseball reference

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2019-transactions.shtml

November 17, 2018
Traded Trent Thornton to the Toronto Blue Jays. Received Aledmys Diaz.

January 6, 2019
Traded Cody Bohanek (minors) and J.D. Davis to the New York Mets. Received Ross Adolph (minors), Scott Manea (minors) and Luis Santana (minors)

July 25, 2019
Traded Tyler White to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Received Andre Scrubb (minors).

July 31, 2019
Traded Derek Fisher to the Toronto Blue Jays. Received Cal Stevenson (minors), Joe Biagini and Aaron Sanchez.

Traded Seth Beer (minors), J.B. Bukauskas (minors), Corbin Martin and Josh Rojas to the Arizona Diamondbacks. Received Zack Greinke and cash.

Traded Tony Kemp to the Chicago Cubs. Received Martin Maldonado.

Traded Max Stassi to the Los Angeles Angels. Received Rainier Rivas (minors) and Raider Uceta (minors).

J.D. c/o 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shot in the dark, want to buy 2 x World Series tickets for game 1 or 2. Wedding anniversary on Thursday and this would be a present to buy my wife's good graces for sometime to come. I'll post in Tix Exchange as well.

I don't mind paying full value for tix, just hate the stub hub fees. Don't mean to clutter up the thread so just pm me if any possibilities. Or email jdlco2005 at gmail.
third coast..
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

Let me get with my wife about it.


Oddly enough I thought thia would get your attention Before I posted haha
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
spadilly said:

Here are our trades according to Baseball reference

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2019-transactions.shtml

November 17, 2018
Traded Trent Thornton to the Toronto Blue Jays. Received Aledmys Diaz.

January 6, 2019
Traded Cody Bohanek (minors) and J.D. Davis to the New York Mets. Received Ross Adolph (minors), Scott Manea (minors) and Luis Santana (minors)

July 25, 2019
Traded Tyler White to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Received Andre Scrubb (minors).

July 31, 2019
Traded Derek Fisher to the Toronto Blue Jays. Received Cal Stevenson (minors), Joe Biagini and Aaron Sanchez.

Traded Seth Beer (minors), J.B. Bukauskas (minors), Corbin Martin and Josh Rojas to the Arizona Diamondbacks. Received Zack Greinke and cash.

Traded Tony Kemp to the Chicago Cubs. Received Martin Maldonado.

Traded Max Stassi to the Los Angeles Angels. Received Rainier Rivas (minors) and Raider Uceta (minors).


No way this deal gets done if the deal last year for Harber did. Just like in 17 when we didn't get Britton. It led to us landed JV at the next deadline.


Quote:

Per Rosenthal back in November, the Astros were willing to send three minor league prospects to the Nationals for Harper: right-hander J.B. Bukauskas, catcher Garrett Stubbs, and a lower level prospect.
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dshedd41 said:

So freaking cool

Very cool indeed! That was awesome.

But can Apple and Android have some sort of global training to teach people to stop filming vertically?
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just got a single ticket for tomorrow night from the Astros website!
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Were you able to see it on teh seat map? I go and see it look like singles are available in some sections, and when I try to buy them, it says seats matching your request not available.
expresswrittenconsent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat40 said:

dshedd41 said:

So freaking cool

Very cool indeed! That was awesome.

But can Apple and Android have some sort of global training to teach people to stop filming vertically?

Yeah that makes more sense than them just auto-fixing the technology. Fix the people.
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.D. c/o 05 said:

Shot in the dark, want to buy 2 x World Series tickets for game 1 or 2. Wedding anniversary on Thursday and this would be a present to buy my wife's good graces for sometime to come. I'll post in Tix Exchange as well.

I don't mind paying full value for tix, just hate the stub hub fees. Don't mean to clutter up the thread so just pm me if any possibilities. Or email jdlco2005 at gmail.
tickpick.com


no fees
Canyon99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We literally received a scrub for Tyler White. Very fitting.
J.D. c/o 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Much appreciated. Not sure how I've missed out on that so far.
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Were you able to see it on teh seat map? I go and see it look like singles are available in some sections, and when I try to buy them, it says seats matching your request not available.
it took me 4 tries to buy them. 428. I did seat map and nothing showed up, then just closed the page and went back to it. It worked after a while
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll take the auto-correcting technology for sure. Didn't even think about it.

I just want vertical filming gone so I don't have to see video with fake marbling on the side.

I know, a small nitpick.
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Can y'all help me remember all the trade acquisitions this year?

Grienke
Sanchez
Biagini
Maldonado

Anyone else?
Maldonado makes me laugh. He turned down a 2 year/$12mm deal with the Astros and ended up signing a 1 year/$2.5mm contract with KC, traded to Cubs, then traded back to Houston. Could have made much more and kept his apartment if he had just signed.
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Cheo said:


Hinch might **** this one up. Peacock needed to pitch 3-4 inning. He was too trigger happy in taking him out


mazag08 sock account?
Just saw this. Nice try. I've never had a sock account. And I promised during the playoffs in 2017 to never speak bad about Hinch again if we won the World Series. Except for maybe a post or two over two years being critical of a couple of decisions, I've stayed the course on that promise.
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charlie Conway said:

I remember hearing that Yordan's problem is mechanical, hopefully these days off can give them time to work out his swing and get him back on track



The announcers made that claim, but there is a very thin line between mechanical and mental in baseball... and one look at Yordan in the box and he's clearly in his head at this point.
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has Boras to thank for that. Luckily we were still able to get him though. I think he had a huge impact on Cole's late push.
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah. I checked the figures before that post and saw that he fired his agent...who was the same agent DK had/s.
DriftwoodAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sex Panther said:

Charlie Conway said:

I remember hearing that Yordan's problem is mechanical, hopefully these days off can give them time to work out his swing and get him back on track



The announcers made that claim, but there is a very thin line between mechanical and mental in baseball... and one look at Yordan in the box and he's clearly in his head at this point.
They were discussing it on MLB network after the game and they were of the belief it was a mechanical issue, but only because he was late and trying to compensate
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://instagr.am/p/B345oMCH_gM
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Soon.

Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Soon.


wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Soon.


Waiting on the Vincent Vega gif
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's already been posted today
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wasn't it you that posted Friday 1st inning about Verlander.......Get him out. This is F'n embarrassing? You really should get a sock account after that.
third coast..
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talk to the ole lady about these ticketa?
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any idea where to watch in New York? Can't seem to find anything other than a bar from 2 years ago that's closed.
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yankee stadium not doing a watch party?
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

Yankee stadium not doing a watch party?


Apparently not and was politely told that wouldn't be open.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG










Cole rocking the fresh shave.