***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,196 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ugh why is it not game day already
https://ts.la/eric59704
95_Aggie
AG
I know its not a stretch by any means ... but I think Altuve is going to have an amazing WS
AustinCountyAg
quick poll for gameday tomm....Jersey? polo? t-shirt?
gigemJTH12
AG
what he did in the LCS would be like if your football team was playing a defense with 8 guys in coverage every play, so your QB spent the whole game passing to the RB in the flats, had 80% completion, moved the ball well, and won the game.

its not sexy and its not going to create highlights, but very effective and taking what you're given.
aTm2004
AG
Deluxe said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Right before that last pitch, just look at that **** Eatin' grin.....he knew....

We need to find that couple and get them on the Jumbotron every time we need a rally
Dude reminds me of an Ewok.

wangus12
AG
dshedd41 said:

Oh ****, you doing alright this morning?
Yeah we're good. Lot of damage up here. Looks like an F2 with nearly a 20 mile long path through the heart of central Dallas. Haven't heard of any deaths which is a miracle.
Bregxit
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Navy blue ratty logo t-shirt that is 4-0 this postseason.
Deluxe
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I dont know if Hinch will do it, but I for sure consider moving Bregman to batting 3 with the way he is being pitched around.

I know he likes to break up the righties, but IMO it just makes more sense right now for Bregs to be 3rd.

If Springer or Altuve are on, it makes walking Bregman pretty dumb because then youre putting 2 on and RISP for Brantley.

Plus it gives Bregs a little added protection.
I like the concept. I'd actually consider moving Bregman to 2 and Altuve to 3. Bregman hasn't been hitting much but he's still getting on base at a .435 clip during the playoffs. And Altuve is the guy I want up with guys on base. I'd go:

1. Springer
2. Bregman
3. Altuve
4. Brantley
5. Correa
6. Yuli
7. Alvarez
8. Catcher
9. Reddick
Cromagnum
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

3 year old fitted blue astros cap where the orange of the star has bled into the background and bill, and then my blue player neutral Jersey with orange star on front and solid orange on back.
Harry Dunne
wangus12 said:

astros4545 said:

I'll give credit where its due. That's good bull
Pure class.

Almost makes up for their fans, who are like the demons from "The Good Place" except they are not actors playing a role, just truly bad people.
redline248
AG
From the Athletic in an article about the pitching in this WS
Quote:

The Sinkers
Research has shown that contact plays well against high velocity, and the Astros do fine against high-velocity four-seamers but, for some reason, Houston has had more trouble against the hardest two-seamers and sinkers in the game. Their batters were tenth against hard four-seamers and eighteenth against hard two-seamers.

The problem is, the league has gone away from the two-seamer and sinker, and there's really only one National that can throw one that hard and uses it often: Stephen Strasburg. Still, that might mean good things for the Nationals in those starts.
Sex Panther
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I may have to break out this over 10 year old classic...

Cromagnum
AG
I know Yuli had his homerun slum buster, but I hope he is able to find better luck with his hit placement in the WS. Alvarez either needs to learn to look at obvious balls, or figure out why he cant hit anything. Reddick and Maldonado/Chirinos I'll take whatever I can get.
gigemJTH12
AG
agree completely. I like that. But I would bet a whole lot of money on Hinch not messing with Altuve at all.

Springer/Altuve at 1,2 will stay there through the whole WS I would be a whole lot of money on it.

I would bet money on 1-4 staying the same too. But the Bregman/Brantley switch was just wishful thinking.
redline248
AG
Maybe Alvarez isn't using both eyes to watch the baseball

Whatever it is, he's suddenly full of doubt about the pitches being ball or strike
Canyon99
WES2006AG said:

Canyon99 said:

I'd appreciate someone grabbing an extra World Series rally towel for me (for my son), if possible. I'd gladly pay shipping plus extra $ thru PayPal for the kind gesture. Would love to make a game but schedule doesn't allow this year.
I'll be there tomorrow night and I'll try and grab one for you.

Dang that is sure generous of you! My email address is canyon99ag@gmail.com. Reach out to me anytime.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Oh I Like That said:

David_Puddy said:

cpsencik04 said:

David_Puddy said:

I've got 2 for sale in section 122. PM if interested. They're going for $2k+ on stubhub. Certainly not looking for that. Serious offers only

I'll give you Fiddy a piece, and I sure consider that a serious offer I hope that you will as well

Seems pretty reasonable as compared to the $2k+ a ticket that section is going for on stubhub

$50, and one penny!
Dont you "Price is Right" me!!!!
Ag_07
AG
I like idea too until you look at who would be on in front of Bregs

Reddick, Machete, and Springer are three guys who haven't done much (although I expect George to have a nice WS)

So at best only 1 man on in front of Bregman and that's not ideal. For that reason I like Altuve or Brantley in front of him. I'd go...

Springer
Altuve
Bregman
Brantley
Correa
Gurriel
Alvarez
Chirinos/Maldie
Reddick
Bregxit
AG
redline248 said:

Maybe Alvarez isn't using both eyes to watch the baseball

Whatever it is, he's suddenly full of doubt about the pitches being ball or strike

I'd like to see him take anything moving down, away or both. If it's a strike so be it.
Frok
AG
I hope Alvarez has two days of not thinking about baseball. He needs to stop thinking and just feel it again.
n_touch
I would be up for a towel as well if anyone comes up with an extra
redline248
AG
If you were Hinch, after 2 days off, would you leave Alvarez down at 7 or put him back as high as 5 for game 1?

There is a balance to be found with wanting to show confidence in your guy and putting your team in the best position.
bearkatag15
AG
On MLB Network today at noon then again at 8pm there is a show called "Path to the Championship" that is about "A look back at how the 2019 AL World Series team advanced to the 115th Fall Classic." Might be worth a record on the ol' DVR
Big Al 1992
AG
FYI brand new 2019 Path to the Championship is on MLB.
Washington at 11
Astros at 12

I still have the 2017 on DVR.
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
PhatMack19
AG
https://www.12newsnow.com/mobile/article/sports/mlb/astros/astros-pitcher-gives-world-series-tickets-to-houstonians-berated-harassed-at-yankee-stadium/285-4d012d54-b92b-459c-8cb9-821024b3fb9d
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

You smell like oil and tacos.
Not going to lie, that smells delicious to me.
Post removed:
by user
CFTXAG10
AG
MLB Network just started Top 9th inning of replay G6
Teddy Perkins
AG
suburban cowboy
AG
On Pressly, Ag buddy of mine got to have beers with him after the game. Said he's a super cool guy. Confirmed what we've heard on the scar tissue issue and said he'll be ready to go come Tuesday.
gougler08
AG
n_touch said:

The other version had the championship logo instead of the roaster in the top spot. I kind of like this since you can instantly look at it and the scores bring back memories from all the games. I have a couple different ideas in mind, just wanted some feedback from everyone on here.
Got mine hanging in the media room...definitely like the WS Logo instead of the roster (which is the kind I have)
gougler08
Charlie Conway
I remember hearing that Yordan's problem is mechanical, hopefully these days off can give them time to work out his swing and get him back on track
Eso si, Que es
n_touch said:

The other version had the championship logo instead of the roaster in the top spot. I kind of like this since you can instantly look at it and the scores bring back memories from all the games. I have a couple different ideas in mind, just wanted some feedback from everyone on here.
I like having the roster, just looking at this reminds me of who was here and who has moved on. On top of that, I cannot imagine ever having another roster that I like more than the current roster. It will be crazy to look at this roster in 20 years after knowing what most of these guys accomplished during their careers.

This roster is the culmination of Luhnow's and the scout's hard work for the better part of a decade, and the Front Office is the MVP of this team.
First Page Last Page
Page 1684 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.