***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,866 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I never got mine. But it's all good.

And I don't know how y'all can do nonchalantly throw around ideas like "I could have don't it for only a $1000" I love yalls passion for the game but I just couldn't ever do it
iBrad
AG
wangus12 said:

**** just trying to survive these storms in DFW. Tornado might have hit my clinic and we've had sirens going off around the apartment.

Looks like a Home Depot at Forest and 75 got hit hard. We didn't get much up here in Prosper, but this next line is about to get us. Stay safe!
mazag08
AG
So does "Chapman is still on the mound smiling" officially replace "PJ Tucker is still dribbling"?
wangus12
AG
Yeah we're right on the east Plano/Allen line. Clinic I work at is off Forrest & Preston so looks like it might be good. Hopefully have power tomorrow
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
David_Puddy said:

I've got 2 for sale in section 122. PM if interested. They're going for $2k+ on stubhub. Certainly not looking for that. Serious offers only

I'll give you Fiddy a piece, and I sure consider that a serious offer I hope that you will as well
astros4545
AG
Marvin
AG
Bregxit said:

So who is going to grab an extra WS rally towel for me to buy for $25 to keep with my 2017 one?

The one they give away at the gate, or is this one from the team store? Either way, no problem!
07ag
AG
Marvin said:

Bregxit said:

So who is going to grab an extra WS rally towel for me to buy for $25 to keep with my 2017 one?

The one they give away at the gate, or is this one from the team store? Either way, no problem!
i too would like a world series rally towel (giveaway at the gate), email me 7002ga at gmail
https://ts.la/eric59704
gigemJTH12
AG
Cromagnum said:

Alex has been terrible on offense this series
I am just reading through. But for the record Bregman had like a .460 OBP(highest in the series for either team) when this was posted.
David_Puddy
AG
cpsencik04 said:

David_Puddy said:

I've got 2 for sale in section 122. PM if interested. They're going for $2k+ on stubhub. Certainly not looking for that. Serious offers only

I'll give you Fiddy a piece, and I sure consider that a serious offer I hope that you will as well

Seems pretty reasonable as compared to the $2k+ a ticket that section is going for on stubhub
gif
David_Puddy said:

cpsencik04 said:

David_Puddy said:

Seems pretty reasonable as compared to the $2k+ a ticket that section is going for on stubhub

$50, and one penny!
gigemJTH12
AG
PhatMack19 said:

gigemJTH12
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Right before that last pitch, just look at that **** Eatin' grin.....he knew....

sorry for bringing all this back up. but going through the thread is awesome. I saved it for work.
Bregxit
AG
Marvin said:

Bregxit said:

The gate one for the World Series. My wife gave me hers that she got at game 6...I assume there will be a different one for the WS like in 17. Thanks man!
Canyon99
I'd appreciate someone grabbing an extra World Series rally towel for me (for my son), if possible. I'd gladly pay shipping plus extra $ thru PayPal for the kind gesture. Would love to make a game but schedule doesn't allow this year.
n_touch

The other version had the championship logo instead of the roaster in the top spot. I kind of like this since you can instantly look at it and the scores bring back memories from all the games. I have a couple different ideas in mind, just wanted some feedback from everyone on here.
dshedd41
S
Oh ****, you doing alright this morning?
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
So freaking cool
Gig’em Aggies!
redline248
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Cromagnum said:

I am just reading through. But for the record Bregman had like a .460 OBP(highest in the series for either team) when this was posted.

I love Bregman.

What was his obp with risp?
Frok
AG
spadilly said:

Frok said:

Spadilly?

Go back and check. 1:03 pm.

Shoot, this thread moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and read it, you might miss it.

gigemJTH12
AG
redline248 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Cromagnum said:

I love Bregman.

What was his obp with risp?
I dont know. But the guy said terrible. Which was dumb.

Leading both of the best offenses in the league, against some of the best pitchers in the league, in OBP, at almost .500, is really really really good.

Could he have come through with a couple clutch hits? yes. But also hard to square up on the few good pitches you see.

also got a big RBI on Saturday that if he hadnt, we would have been down 1 after Lamehieu's homer and it has a whole different feel to it.
BMX Bandit
Bregman did great taking walks (7) and not swinging at bad pitches. But only 3 hits and 1 RBI.

I predict he starts putting bat on ball and wins World Series MVP
AustinAg2K
The Yankees clearly said they weren't going to let Bregman beat them. He saw maybe two good pitches the entire series. It nearly worked, too, so I expect the Nationals to do the same. Bregman is going to need the guys behind him to step up. If Yuli can start getting hits, it will go along way in getting better looks for Bregman.
Frok
AG
Meh, Bregman had his chances. Just hasn't been hitting well with RISP most of the season. Hopefully that changes in the World Series however he's going to see even better pitching.
redline248
AG
You're right, it was dumb to say Bregman was terrible. Yordan was terrible, and I still want him in the lineup.

The whole team struggled with risp, too.
WES2006AG
AG
Canyon99 said:

I'd appreciate someone grabbing an extra World Series rally towel for me (for my son), if possible. I'd gladly pay shipping plus extra $ thru PayPal for the kind gesture. Would love to make a game but schedule doesn't allow this year.
I'll be there tomorrow night and I'll try and grab one for you.
Ag_07
AG
This also happened last year in the ALCS against BOS.

In the playoffs teams have committed to not letting Bregs beat them.

They'll put him on via the walk but he isn't gonna see many pitches to hit.
gigemJTH12
AG
and think about how we feel when one of the opposing players walks in the playoffs. It feels terrible. Puts a lot of pressure on everyone.

Him averaging over 1.5 a game is huge.

I would like him to be better when he gets a good pitch but if someone asked if he could have an identical World Series at the plate as he did ALCS you take it every time. Now, moving him to 3 might be a good idea if thats the case. But you take a .433 OBP against the best pitchers in the league all day long from anyone.
rausr
AG
dshedd41 said:

So freaking cool

Thanks dshedd41.

This made me cry all over again this morning.
Deluxe
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Right before that last pitch, just look at that **** Eatin' grin.....he knew....

We need to find that couple and get them on the Jumbotron every time we need a rally
Frok
AG
Quote:

but if someone asked if he could have an identical World Series at the plate as he did ALCS you take it every time

Completely disagree. He's way better than that.
gigemJTH12
AG
I dont know if Hinch will do it, but I for sure consider moving Bregman to batting 3 with the way he is being pitched around.

I know he likes to break up the righties, but IMO it just makes more sense right now for Bregs to be 3rd.

If Springer or Altuve are on, it makes walking Bregman pretty dumb because then youre putting 2 on and RISP for Brantley.

Plus it gives Bregs a little added protection.
gigemJTH12
AG
Frok said:

Quote:

but if someone asked if he could have an identical World Series at the plate as he did ALCS you take it every time

Completely disagree. He's way better than that.

actually...by definition and numbers...he is not.

I dont think you understand what its like to hit well when you're being pitched around.

you are asking him to essentially be perfect.

I think he can be better because he is the best. But what he is giving right now is extremely important in the playoffs and he has done an exceptional job at it.

if he got a few more hits like youre asking, he would be on base like 70% of the time. so youre asking him to have the best postseason of all time by a long shot. Unreasonable.
Sid Farkas
AG
Based purely on feelz, Bregs had an ok LCS.

If you're trying to bestow hero status be patient...This team takes turns being heroes...altuve on Saturday...this week, who knows?
First Page Last Page
Page 1683 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.