***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,995 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Post removed:
by user
gif
How long do you want to ignore this user?
third coast.. said:

Well we are in the doldrums portion of the thread where those who havent read everything are responding to old posts with hours old info for the 10th time.

Did you see that unbelievable play Judge just made???
titanmaster_race
Oh snap Correa

crowman2010
AG
I was there last night. The crowd was awesome, the noise level was great, and Altuve seized his hero moment. I'm so blessed to have been there and to have been able to let my son experience something like that! I'm totally exhausted, but mother of God was it so worth it!

Astros in 5 in the WS!
Max Power
AG
AggiEE said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

The creepy Chapman grin was greatness

You wouldn't think it's so funny if you suffered a rage stroke on the pitchers mound. Seriously, that look on a Chapman's face is perfect, perfect.
JB!98
AG
And somewhere late last night Matress Mack was seen putting down another million with his bookie!
Farmer1906
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Has the Sparky post game celebration been released yet?
https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/sean-salisbury/content/2019-10-20-steve-sparks-in-the-astros-clubhouse-2019-alcs-celebration/
aTm2004
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Ryan34
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Interesting thought: the current rotation is set up for Cole, Greinke, JV to pitch games 1-3 and then 5-7 of the WS. However, games 3-5 will be in a NL park. Greinke is a phenomenal hitter, so you want him playing in Washington DC if at all possible.

I think you switch to make it Cole then JV then Greinke, which you can do because game 2 is scheduled for Wednesday which would be the normal four days rest for JV.

Thought they already announced it would be Cole, JV, Greinke
titanmaster_race
Ryan34 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Interesting thought: the current rotation is set up for Cole, Greinke, JV to pitch games 1-3 and then 5-7 of the WS. However, games 3-5 will be in a NL park. Greinke is a phenomenal hitter, so you want him playing in Washington DC if at all possible.

I think you switch to make it Cole then JV then Greinke, which you can do because game 2 is scheduled for Wednesday which would be the normal four days rest for JV.

Thought they already announced it would be Cole, JV, Greinke

Lol whoops
CoachRTM
AG
Quick look at the matchup with the Nats

Pitching matchups :

GM 1 - Cole vs Scherzer
GM 2 - Verlander vs Strasburg
GM 3 - Greinke vs Corbin
GM 4 - Bullpen vs Sanchez
GM 5 - Cole vs Scherzer
GM 6 - Verlander vs Strasburg
GM 7 - Greinke vs Corbin

Potential lineup
1 - Trea Turner - SS
2 - Adam Eaton - RF
3 - Anthony Rendon - 3B
4 - Juan Soto - LF
5 - Howie Kendrick - 2B
6 - Ryan Zimmerman - 1B
7 - Yan Gomes/ Kurt Suzuki - C
8 - Michael Taylor/ Victor Robles - CF

Potential DH candidates -
Asdrubal Cabrera - SS
Matt Adams - 1B
Brian Dozier - 2B
Gerardo Parra - OF

Bullpen :
Sean Doolittle - L
Daniel Hudson - R
Tanner Rainey - R

Will probably not see in close ballgames :
Fernando Rodney - R
Hunter Strickland - R
Wander Suero - R

No one else has seen action in the postseason. Basically Doolittle and Hudson pitch in every close game, Rainey is the third if they need him, the others get thrown in when they are up by or down by a bunch.
BMX Bandit
With Nats not being right handed dominate at top of the order, my guess is Urquidy starts Game 4
crowman2010
AG
It'll be a P.U. game for sure
jopatura
AG
I know Grienke hitting in a NL park is better then the other two, but I think I would have preferred Cole - Grienke - JV. The bullpen is going to be toast after Game 4 especially if Pressly can't pitch right away. JV in theory would have provided a pseudo rest day for the pen between Grienke and the bullpen day.
Big Al 1992
AG
Love La Pina!!

irish pete ag06
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Oh snap Correa

Now THAT was SAVAGE
irish pete ag06
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Love La Pina!!

Yuli's social media game has gotten better and better. I get the feeling he's a funny dude. Bregman and him should have a sitcom together.
Sid Farkas
AG
Tuned in this morning to follow coverage the day after...And just like after game four...all the national coverage is making it clear the Yankees lost and are very very sad....can anyone provide a recap on how the Astros did?
crowman2010
AG
Why do you care?

We're the apex predators baby! Eff em
BMX Bandit
Sid Farkas said:

Tuned in this morning to follow coverage the day after...And just like after game four...all the national coverage is making it clear the Yankees lost and are very very sad....can anyone provide a recap on how the Astros did?

You are really going out of your way to be offended then.

Everything I've seen is gushing over Astros!
Harry Stone
AG
Washington is a team that if you can get to the pen early you should easily win.
titanmaster_race
Sid Farkas said:

You are really looking hard for the "media hates us" narrative. It's not there.
HossAg
AG
Sid Farkas said:

I'm so sick of seeing people ***** about media coverage in this thread.
Sid Farkas
AG
HossAg said:

Sid Farkas said:

**** all of you...I'm just having fun
Ag_07
AG
Sid Farkas said:

HossAg said:

Sid Farkas said:

Doesn't sound like it
aTm2004
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Sid Farkas said:

You are really looking hard for the "media hates us" narrative. It's not there.

BS. Watching MLB Network right now and they're showing a montage of Nationals and Yankees highlights and Astros lowlights as if it were Wash/NY. After about 30 seconds of it, they finally get to a Correa HR.
Ag_07
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Oh snap Correa

I'm really digging cocky Correa
Satellite of Love
If you listen closely, you can hear Joe Buck sobbing uncontrollably in a corner this morning.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
irish pete ag06
AG
Ag_07 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Oh snap Correa

I'm really digging cocky Correa

Just no massages for the king of the jungle until November please!
Sid Farkas
AG
Ag_07 said:

Sid Farkas said:

HossAg said:

Sid Farkas said:

Doesn't sound like it
Sounds like Hoss is the one who's 'sick'. You guys want to turn this thread into an idiotic cat fight like old rivalries, be my guest.
astros4545
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Love La Pina!!

Yuli's social media game has gotten better and better. I get the feeling he's a funny dude. Bregman and him should have a sitcom together.

On Geoff Blums podcast, he said Myles Straw and Yuli are the funniest guys on the team
agsquirrel97
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Hulla Baller said:

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/sean-salisbury/content/2019-10-20-steve-sparks-in-the-astros-clubhouse-2019-alcs-celebration/
Cole, "I told AJ it was a mistake if Chapman throws Altuve a strike considering who is on deck"

Joe Smith, "I'm 35, I'm a man,"

college of AG
AG
We have to appreciate Hinch and how he manages.

Roberts managed LA right out of the postseason. Again.

And Boone mismanaged his starters early in the series. He took out guys that still looked good and gave us extra looks at the "strength of the yankees"

Hinch and the staff do a great job putting us in the best position to be successful. And he doesn't panic.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
We are in the world series!!!!! Why care about some stupid highlight package? Grow the fuq up!
rossuvet12
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Hulla Baller said:

Cole, "I told AJ it was a mistake if Chapman throws Altuve a strike considering who is on deck"

Joe Smith, "I'm 35, I'm a man,"

Sparky asked Cole if he was nervous about the World Series.

"Nervous? I'm ****ing excited!"
First Page Last Page
Page 1676 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.