***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,940 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Threadbare
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old Sarge said:

I am tired.

As I sign off tonight....

Screw Joe Buck, screw the MSM and your perpetual Yankee love fest before every game this series. Screw you and your Sunday dinner tomorrow. Screw you week thereafter.

The Astros beat your love fest with the Yankees. I hope the Astros win it all. But, they don't have to. They won over your beat off love fest with the Yankees. And that is OK with me.

Screw you, Joe Buck and the MSM.
You guys are crazy. Buck was gushing over the Astros at times...

It's his job to reflect excitement for both clubs...
PoppaB05
AG
Also, I think it's amazing that all year we complain about Correa watching first pitch meatballs for strikes and Altuve swinging at first pitch fastballs outside the zone and here we are with the two big swings being Correa on a first pitch walk off HR and Altuve laying off the high outside heat and then taking a breaking ball out for a walk off. Just amazing
agproducer
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Checked out of social media and texts and TexAgs in the 9th. Was counting down outs in my head -
Careful not to spoil anything.

I had game 7 tix so was making plans for that.

Ever since the Altuve Bomb have been drinking Knob Creek and celebrating. Put in the ski goggles and Popped champagne with the neighbors. Just now checking here. It's gonna be a late night. Still lots of post game to watch and get ready for Tuesday.

I'm so delighted. It's been a great ride with you all and we're not done yet!

Knob Creek?? I knew you were good people Big Al!
Charlie Conway
Guys I've been drinking Crawford bock in games 2,3,4, and 6, so I need to go get a pallet from HeB
amercer
AG
That's some great news to wake up to here in Spain!

Should be back in the states by game 4, and it will be great to have games not start a 2am
AggiEE
cisgenderedAggie said:

The creepy Chapman grin was greatness

Texaggie7nine
agsquirrel97
AG
agsquirrel97
AG

It just had to be done. Let's go win a WS!!!
InnerCityAg
Sorry, but this needs to be posted again...

Big Al 1992
AG
Almost 3am and still celebrating.
For life long Astro fans savor what we are witnessing
2015 WS Champs - KC Royals - who?
2016 WS Champs - Chi Cubs - just fired their manager
2017 WS Champs - well, you know
2018 WS Champs - Red Sox - don't even make playoffs
2019 -
Few teams have this kind of run. It's awesome to watch and so much fun. Enjoy!
Harry Dunne
agproducer said:

CFTXAG10 said:

It's floating around everywhere so Ill drop it here:

Is Jose Altuve the greatest Astro of all time?
Still Baggy or Biggio. Altuve plays out the rest of his contract here, hands down he is the best Astro of all time.
Those guys are my generation and will always be special to me, but it's not even close.

Biggio & Bagwell put up gaudy regular season stats in the steroid era but were absolute trash in the postseason. Combined for 273 AB, 13 2b, 4 HR, 24 RBI, a .230 BA & a sub-.650 OPS.

That's 9-hole hitter. Matter of fact that's almost exactly Adam Everett's pro rata career output. Minus the GG defense at SS.

Also a combined 3-6 in SB. I can't believe that a couple of guys who hit a combined 740 HR & stole 616 bases could only combine for 4 HR & 3 SB in what amounts to half a season of ABs!

Love those guys but they absolutely froze when it counted most. Altuve is the opposite.
Laser Wolf
AggiEE said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

He looks like a James Bond villain.
TRUMP 2020! KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
CNN is very fake news.
I Stand with Sul Ross.
#NotAnotherDime
BLM is a lie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
agproducer said:

agproducer said:

Frok said:

agproducer said:

CFTXAG10 said:

It's floating around everywhere so Ill drop it here:

Is Jose Altuve the greatest Astro of all time?
Still Baggy or Biggio. Altuve plays out the rest of his contract here, hands down he is the best Astro of all time.

There is no doubt about it that Altuve is the greatest Astro of all tiME.

Altuve is tracking to be the best. But, statistically, he's not there yet, IMO.

Altuve had made it to two WS. Bagwell got to one.

Altuve has .315, 128 HRs, 299 2Bs, 538 RBI, .827 OPSover 9 years. He also has an MVP.

Baggy also has an MVP. Career numbers over 15 years are .297, 449 HR, 488 2Bs, 1529 RBI, .948 OPS.

So, if Jose has longevity, he is the best.

This isn't about statistics, it's about being the best player, and the best players elevate their games in pressure situations. With his post-season career numbers, Jeff Bagwell would be thanking God that Yordan was on the team or he'd be the one getting barbecued by the fans and media.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AggiEE said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

Maybe it's just me, but this is the best of the best acknowledging that he was beaten by another best of the best in a mano a mano matchup. Should he have torn his jersey off and started sobbing on the field?
He's a man, he's 31, and he's got a WS ring of his own from the Cubs in 2016. He threw his best and Altuve tore him a new one. Only the 2nd post-season HR he's ever allowed.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

It's hard to beat a combo Yankees' series loss and Felicity Huffman in prison front page.
Thinice
MuckRaker96 said:

AggiEE said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

Maybe it's just me, but this is the best of the best acknowledging that he was beaten by another best of the best in a mano a mano matchup. Should he have torn his jersey off and started sobbing on the field?
He's a man, he's 31, and he's got a WS ring of his own from the Cubs in 2016. He threw his best and Altuve tore him a new one. Only the 2nd post-season HR he's ever allowed.

They're speculating he may opt out of his Yankees contract, would make a nice lefty bullpen piece for the best manager in baseball.
Ag_07
AG
I feel absolutely horrible for Ryan Pressly.

Dude was nails all season and was pumped about playing in his first WS when Julia interviewed him after his but dragging performance in NY.

Watching that knee give out and his no reaction was heart wrenching.
ontheedge
MuckRaker96 said:

AggiEE said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

Agree, he knew he was beat and it's all he could do. Show of respect IMO.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Ag_07 said:

Dude was nails all season and was pumped about playing in his first WS when Julia interviewed him after his but dragging performance in NY.

They said on the post game that he didn't tear and thing and the pop was just scar tissue that popped off which is great news! Said he is going to try and rehab and might be able to make an appearance in later games like 4 and beyond if the swelling goes down. Good news is no surgery and he will be ready to go for spring training
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Also, walking up knowing we are World Series bound is one of the best feelings ever! You would think after winning it all in 17 it wouldn't feel as good, but man it's all fun!

Love you guys!!! We got this!
Ag_07
AG
And I'm not gonna act like an expert in the Nats but I think we win this in 5

They were running on pure momentum. They got hot and the right and we're rolling. Now they've been sitting a week. That's the worst thing for them.

Meanwhile we were battling toe to toe with the 2nd best team in MLB.

Yeah they're pitching is good but is ours. I don't think they have the firepower to hang around much longer than 5.
TREX01
On the best Astro ever discussion, you can take your longevity and stick it. What Altuve has done in his career is more than most players ever accomplish. He is the face of an organization that is hands down the best in baseball and he shows up when it matters time and time again
aTm2004
AG
Mr.Bond said:

HTownAg98 said:

This will be the first decade since 1910 that the Yankees won't be in the World Series. The Astros took them out three times.

2 you mean?

2015 WC.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Ummm I'm pretty sure they reported it was just scar tissues breaking up and he should be good to go for the WS.
eATMup-Reveille
MuckRaker96 said:

AggiEE said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

Totally agree with this. Great competitors appreciate achievements from other great competitors, even if it comes against them.
Ag_07
AG
I missed that. Guess we'll see.

Still feel bad for him that he's not healthy after such a good year and battling back after the knee surgery.
mwm
Bring on the GNATS!!!!

Heck. I even love EE this morning!
jokershady
AG
Video of the radio call! Love seeing how he couldn't even sit down!

tjack16
AG
Astros in 5
Hulla Baller
AG
Has the Sparky post game celebration been released yet?
Ag12thman
AG
Man, I love Robert Ford's calls.
titanmaster_race
Interesting thought: the current rotation is set up for Cole, Greinke, JV to pitch games 1-3 and then 5-7 of the WS. However, games 3-5 will be in a NL park. Greinke is a phenomenal hitter, so you want him playing in Washington DC if at all possible.

I think you switch to make it Cole then JV then Greinke, which you can do because game 2 is scheduled for Wednesday which would be the normal four days rest for JV.
wangus12
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

This needs to happen during his at bats in the series
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Today is like Christmas + The 4th of July for the Texans. They could lose 50-0 and nobody would care.
First Page Last Page
Page 1675 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.