***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,603 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoachRTM said:

Quick look at the matchup with the Nats

Pitching matchups :

GM 1 - Cole vs Scherzer
GM 2 - Verlander vs Strasburg
GM 3 - Greinke vs Corbin
GM 4 - Bullpen vs Sanchez
GM 5 - Cole vs Scherzer
GM 6 - Verlander vs Strasburg
GM 7 - Greinke vs Corbin

Potential lineup
1 - Trea Turner - SS
2 - Adam Eaton - RF
3 - Anthony Rendon - 3B
4 - Juan Soto - LF
5 - Howie Kendrick - 2B
6 - Ryan Zimmerman - 1B
7 - Yan Gomes/ Kurt Suzuki - C
8 - Michael Taylor/ Victor Robles - CF

Potential DH candidates -
Asdrubal Cabrera - SS
Matt Adams - 1B
Brian Dozier - 2B
Gerardo Parra - OF

Bullpen :
Sean Doolittle - L
Daniel Hudson - R
Tanner Rainey - R

Will probably not see in close ballgames :
Fernando Rodney - R
Hunter Strickland - R
Wander Suero - R

No one else has seen action in the postseason. Basically Doolittle and Hudson pitch in every close game, Rainey is the third if they need him, the others get thrown in when they are up by or down by a bunch.

Wow I know 6 of their position players
I still can't name anyone on Tampa
irish pete ag06
AG
college of AG said:

We have to appreciate Hinch and how he manages.

Roberts managed LA right out of the postseason. Again.

And Boone mismanaged his starters early in the series. He took out guys that still looked good and gave us extra looks at the "strength of the yankees"

Hinch and the staff do a great job putting us in the best position to be successful. And he doesn't panic.

No doubt. Hinch has managed circles around most of the big market managers... remember how many times he's been fired over the years on these very threads.
redline248
AG
Cole wanted to finish the Yankees

aTm2004
AG
I don't really care, but to deny it is silly and it's also frustrating. The Astros went to NY and took 2 of 3, and came home to close it out, but the narrative is how the Yankees lost rather than how Houston won it.
Charlie Conway
#Hinched
AggieMD95
AG
aTm2004 said:

I don't really care, but to deny it is silly and it's also frustrating. The Astros went to NY and took 2 of 3, and came home to close it out, but the narrative is how the Yankees lost rather than how Houston won it.

True
ATM9000
AG
aTm2004 said:

You know how many fan bases truly believe the 'national media narrative' is anti-their team? ****ing every single one of them.
Big Al 1992
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Hulla Baller said:

How's everybody feeling about the game tonight?

I'm gonna try this again.
Minute Maid will be rocking.
Yankee bullpen is worn out.
Bregs and Yuli get some 2017 magic.
Astros 7 Jankees 4

Called the 8-3 game. Almost called this one! Must not have foreseen George on base for the Altuve Bomb.
HTownAg98
crowman2010 said:

I was there last night. The crowd was awesome, the noise level was great, and Altuve seized his hero moment. I'm so blessed to have been there and to have been able to let my son experience something like that! I'm totally exhausted, but mother of God was it so worth it!

Astros in 5 in the WS!

It was so loud that there were times you couldn't hear Joe Buck on the broadcast.
Thank you so very much.
8T2
aTm2004 said:

aTm2004
AG
8T2 said:

aTm2004 said:

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Every fan base knows the bigger markets get more favorable coverage Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Lakers will alway be played to
8T2
Hope Mattress Mac got all of his bets in.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/27885883/astros-biggest-world-series-favorites-2007
PhatMack19
AG
Our kids are so damn spoiled. They will never know the heartache and disappointment we all went through growing up. They just think this is easy and the Astros are good every season.
8T2
Y'all want some media that doesn't gush over the Yankees? Try this this one that literally trashes them.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27881977/savage-now-new-rivalry-astros-own-yankees
Frok
AG
I want to go plant an Astros flag over the Walgreens sign in my neighborhood today
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
aTm2004 said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/20/jose-altuve-delivers-postseason-moment-astros-beat-yankees
https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/16/gerrit-cole-winning-streak-astros-yankees-alcs
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/10/20/jose-altuve-astros-alcs-yankees-world-series/4044191002/
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/20/sport/houston-astros-world-series/index.html

Front page of NY TImes sports page
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/19/sports/yankees-astros-game-6-score.html

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2019/10/19/lemahieu-hicks-lift-yanks-over-astros-close-alcs/IspB9qXAVlBtdjyji2PGdL/story.html
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2019/10/20/altuve-astros-bask-alcs-win-and-yankees-wonder-what-might-have-been/OFABULKKny42vaX7Zs4eAP/story.html

You're seeing what you want to see based on a few talking heads on TV. The narrative is the better team won, let's see how they did it, and on to the World Series!
PSully97
AG
8T2 said:

Y'all want some media that doesn't gush over the Yankees? Try this this one that literally trashes them.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27881977/savage-now-new-rivalry-astros-own-yankees
Just read this. So good.

Quote:

Selig pressed ahead, described the approved realignment as "monumental" and "historic," and reminded people that the change would create -- in the form of the in-state Rangers -- a natural rival for a franchise that didn't have one. As it turned out, Houston would find a natural rival in a ballpark nowhere near Arlington, Texas...

The Astros are not going back to the National League any time soon. They are, however, going back to the World Series, a place the Yankees haven't visited in a very long time.
Mathguy64
AG
I want to see Juan Soto try and stare down JV or Cole and grab his junk after a pitch. Please dear 7 lb 12 oz blue eyed blond haired baby Jesus with the Kung Fu grip let this happen.
irish pete ag06
AG
mathguy86 said:

I want to see Juan Soto try and stare down JV or Cole and grab his junk after a pitch. Please dear 7 lb 12 oz blue eyed blond haired baby Jesus with the Kung Fu grip let this happen.
YES YES. I love Juan Soto for doing this, and I'm gonna love it when Cole tells him to sit down after K'ing him.
Ag_07
AG
Seriously...Fck Juan Soto

I hope our guys absolutely undress him at the plate just like they did Judge.

Kid is a grade A az hole and I hope he gets embarrassed.
aTm2004
AG
Cool. Go watch MLB TV. They give the Astros credit, but only after cupping the Yankees sacs.
Cromagnum
AG
mathguy86 said:

Yep. Casuals that dont know anything about the Nats will quickly have a new most hated person once the WS gets going.

aTm2004
AG
Clanton posting some *****

anaggieshusband
I'm thinking about game 3, when the umpire had a concussion, and he missed several strike calls. I'm glad Cole maintained his composure and didn't get himself ejected.
Cromagnum
AG
I for one want to see a lot more of this from him.

Mathguy64
AG
Fangraphs projection has us at 72.1% to win. Woof. I wish I had not see that.
Mathguy64
AG
Seeing Abreu in the postgame celebration made me realize we had Hector and Abreu still in the pen last night.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
aTm2004 said:

Cool. Go watch MLB TV. They give the Astros credit, but only after cupping the Yankees sacs.
I don't watch TV unless a game is on. That's your problem right there.
Big Al 1992
AG
Loved the story they told about Brantley going up to Hinch mid season and saying " what do I have to do to be a 9 inning player - quit taking me out for defense"

He worked and worked on his defense and we saw the end result. Beautiful!

(Although AJ still took him out in the 9th last night!)
ccaggie05
AG
ATM9000 said:

aTm2004 said:

You know how many fan bases truly believe the 'national media narrative' is anti-their team? ****ing every single one of them.

Isn't that the damn truth? I've read some comments from Yankee fans on Reddit after their loses, and even they are *****ing about how biased against them and for the Astros Joe Buck and the rest of the media are.

Is there a biased towards LA/NY/Boston (maybe Chicago) teams in sports! Sure. Most aational guys are based out of those areas. With that said, I've heard nothing but praise and respect from the Fox/ESPN/MLB folks regarding the Astros during the post season. Yes, A-Rod is an arrogant cheating tool, and Joe Girardi and AJ Pierzynski were atrocious during the ALDS, but otherwise I think the media has been fine despite not being from LA/NY/Bos.
n_touch
aTm2004
AG
W
AG
so how many players are going for their second ring with the Astros this week?:

Altuve
Bregman
Correa
Reddick
Springer
Yuli
Jake

JV
Harris
Peacock

and a few guys that are injured / inactive. Shows how the roster was built (or whom it was built around)
aTm2004
AG
McHugh should be going for his 2nd. McCullers as well. I'm assuming they'll get one if we win.
First Page Last Page
Page 1677 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.