***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,735,503 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by PSully97
Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yodeling would be hysterical form of psyc ops.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can you imagine some team complaining that the Aggies were stealing signs and whistling to communicate the info? The Raggies would put the Vandy Whistler to shame.
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Were we whistling while Tanaka looked at scouting reports under his cap?
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
we are up 2-1 and yordan, springer, bregs, yuli and correa are all well below mendoza line. just crazy
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The redditor yankees are convinced of sign stealing. They sound like the dems trying to impeach Trump, thinking that if they say something enough times it must be true.

Quote:

cooljammer0019m
The Astros aren't 162-0, so it's not a perfect plan. Other teams can beat them. As long as they're not using illegal tech, it's something everyone has to deal with.

4
FirstTimeCaller101:BatDog:36m
Where there's smoke, there's fire. There is too much conversation surrounding it for it to not at least be partially true.

That said it is technically legal, so it's hard to really cry about it at the same time. Idk.
Mr. AGSPRT04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Other possible methods:
Ululation


Conch shell
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was just listening to Russo on Mad Dog radio. He basically repeats what he said about the Astros making a mistake starting JV in G5. I think an assumption he is making is that just because Hinch said JV was starting G5 that it's against the law to change his mind after what he sees in G4.


Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or the whole bench could get on the top step and do one of those softball cheers. One for fastball, one for slider and 3rd one for off speed.
"It's what I do...I drink and I know things."
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Stone said:

we are up 2-1 and yordan, springer, bregs, yuli and correa are all well below mendoza line. just crazy
and Cole had his worst game in months

to be fair on Bregs though his OBP is like .500
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agnzona said:

Or the whole bench could get on the top step and do one of those softball cheers. One for fastball, one for slider and 3rd one for off speed.
"3-2 whatcha gonna do 3-2 whatcha gonna do... walk him... yeah yeah... walk him"


I would actually die from laughter if we did this
willie wonka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey, batter, batter, batter, batter...SWING!
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think we need every batter that strikes our or scores a run to go over to the guy on deck,
cover their mouths and just tell them something stupid, like "he's not tipping but his slider is ****". Do that enough and I really think it would mess with them. Lol
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is pretty legit

http://instagr.am/p/B3sWfndgzwq
craigernaught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leave the politics out of this thread
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went back and watched the Tanaka highlights of game 1 (below). I think Yordan gets his best bat to ball of the series in this game (3min mark of video). If Tanaka gives him a similar pitch tomorrow, hopefully Yordan can put it in the RF seats.

Also, with Tucker getting the only hit that game, does Hinch go back to him in game 4 or roll with Reddick now that he homered?

willie wonka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe he will roll with tucker.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15 said:

Went back and watched the Tanaka highlights of game 1 (below). I think Yordan gets his best bat to ball of the series in this game (3min mark of video). If Tanaka gives him a similar pitch tomorrow, hopefully Yordan can put it in the LF seats.

Also, with Tucker getting the only hit that game, does Hinch go back to him in game 4 or roll with Reddick now that he homered?




Yes I think so. Hinch is playing RF based on matchups
Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If AJ sticks to the regular season pattern he sat Reddick after he got a big hit.
"It's what I do...I drink and I know things."
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
craigernaught said:

Leave the politics out of this thread


1500+ pages covering the full season worth of games and that was the post that caused you to make your first comment.
8T2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
03_Aggie said:

craigernaught said:

Leave the politics out of this thread


1500+ pages covering the full season worth of games and that was the post that caused you to make your first comment.
It needed to be said.
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
willjohnathan said:

I get that you don't want to get eliminated (in the down 3-2 scenario) with your best player on the bench, but why not treat game 6 like it is game 7 and then have a full Cole in game 7. So what if Cole wins game 6, you still have to win game 7 without Cole anyways. The only thing would be if you wanted to pitch JV out of the pen or something, he "might" be available in game 7. I don't like the Cole in game 6 at all.
I'd think it would be more likely that the bullpen could win a Game 7 than a Game 6 simply based upon the fact that in all likelihood we would now have had several looks at every Yankee pitcher worth a damn by Game 7.
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
03_Aggie said:

craigernaught said:

Leave the politics out of this thread


1500+ pages covering the full season worth of games and that was the post that caused you to make your first comment.
Yep. Went straight on the ignore list... hasn't been here all season.

It was even a comment that most of my Dem friends would agree with.
8T2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jkag89 said:

willjohnathan said:

I get that you don't want to get eliminated (in the down 3-2 scenario) with your best player on the bench, but why not treat game 6 like it is game 7 and then have a full Cole in game 7. So what if Cole wins game 6, you still have to win game 7 without Cole anyways. The only thing would be if you wanted to pitch JV out of the pen or something, he "might" be available in game 7. I don't like the Cole in game 6 at all.
I'd think it would be more likely that the bullpen could win a Game 7 than a Game 6 simply based upon the fact that in all likelihood we would now have had several looks at every Yankee pitcher worth a damn by Game 7.
Yeah, given the way Boone uses his BP, by the time they got to game 7, those arms may be noodles.
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8T2 said:

jkag89 said:

willjohnathan said:

I get that you don't want to get eliminated (in the down 3-2 scenario) with your best player on the bench, but why not treat game 6 like it is game 7 and then have a full Cole in game 7. So what if Cole wins game 6, you still have to win game 7 without Cole anyways. The only thing would be if you wanted to pitch JV out of the pen or something, he "might" be available in game 7. I don't like the Cole in game 6 at all.
I'd think it would be more likely that the bullpen could win a Game 7 than a Game 6 simply based upon the fact that in all likelihood we would now have had several looks at every Yankee pitcher worth a damn by Game 7.
Yeah, given the way Boone uses his BP, by the time they got to game 7, those arms may be noodles.
I hope it doesn't go that long but would love to see a "Morrow special."
aggie813
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wabs said:

Was just listening to Russo on Mad Dog radio. He basically repeats what he said about the Astros making a mistake starting JV in G5. I think an assumption he is making is that just because Hinch said JV was starting G5 that it's against the law to change his mind after what he sees in G4.




It's been that way on every show on MLB network today. They all say they can't believe AJ would pitch Verlander in gm 5 if we win gm 4. Do they not realize he doesn't have to pitch him if he doesn't want to?
Safe at Home
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Harry Stone said:

we are up 2-1 and yordan, springer, bregs, yuli and correa are all well below mendoza line. just crazy
and Cole had his worst game in months

to be fair on Bregs though his OBP is like .500
Remember, the Astros won the WS when:

Neither Verlander or Keuchel had a win
Altuve hit below .200
Giles blew two saves

But of course George went completely nuclear after game 1 and Charlie Morton turned into Tom Seaver.
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie813 said:

Wabs said:

Was just listening to Russo on Mad Dog radio. He basically repeats what he said about the Astros making a mistake starting JV in G5. I think an assumption he is making is that just because Hinch said JV was starting G5 that it's against the law to change his mind after what he sees in G4.




It's been that way on every show on MLB network today. They all say they can't believe AJ would pitch Verlander in gm 5 if we win gm 4. Do they not realize he doesn't have to pitch him if he doesn't want to?
Lets say the Astros win game 4. Who among us would want to be the manager that told Verlander he couldn't take the ball on the 5th day because, hey, we'll just use the bullpen today, if we lose, eh, who cares, you can pitch a clincher at home. How do you think that would go over?
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure its a horrible thing. Its not because you dont believe in him. You may be able to win and have him ready and rested for the start of the WS. Not really like your telling him its game 7 and he wont start even though he is well rested.
Miles Finch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Astros stealing signs mania started in 2017 due to Carlos Beltran and his tactics. The same Carlos Beltran that is now in the Yankees organization. I'm sure the mighty yanks wouldn't stoop to such levels, right? Very tu-ish.
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hinch is consistent in his approach...and players love that about him, they know what to expect. He always gave guys scheduled days off whether they were hot or not. He used analytics for shifts despite some player's objections (cough, Dallas, cough) and he didn't put up with disrespect (see ya Giles).

He also never intentionally walked a batter. From a macro level that's what this pitching decision is...essentially we're not going to intentionally walk a game with our bullpen. We're going to go right after you and if you beat us, you tip your cap and move on to the next game.

I literally love Hinch.
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Miles Finch said:

The Astros stealing signs mania started in 2017 due to Carlos Beltran and his tactics. The same Carlos Beltran that is now in the Yankees organization. I'm sure the mighty yanks wouldn't stoop to such levels, right? Very tu-ish.
every team in baseball attempts to steal signs. Hell my little league team stole signs. It's part of the game.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone watch this?



I don't know if I buy what he's selling.
Safe at Home
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not just stealing signs, but I've noticed in the past few years that pitchers and catchers and become really paranoid about talking on the mound without covering their mouths with their gloves or hands. I even noticed the other day that Cole and Verlander were talking in the dugout, and covering their mouth's when they did. Have teams started videoing games of other teams and trying to read lips? I think they have.
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prosperdick said:

Hinch is consistent in his approach...and players love that about him, they know what to expect. He always gave guys scheduled days off whether they were hot or not. He used analytics for shifts despite some player's objections (cough, Dallas, cough) and he didn't put up with disrespect (see ya Giles).

He also never intentionally walked a batter. From a macro level that's what this pitching decision is...essentially we're not going to intentionally walk a game with our bullpen. We're going to go right after you and if you beat us, you tip your cap and move on to the next game.

I literally love Hinch.

Really well said.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Anyone watch this?



I don't know if I buy what he's selling.


Which part? Paying Cole to keep the "secret" from getting out? The rest is common knowledge amongst Astros fans that have been paying attention.