***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,345 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
McInnis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did anyone else wonder what Carlos was doing after he hit that ball? It didn't seem like he hit it that well, and at first I thought it must be foul the way he was standing there watching. Then when he put his hand to his ear I was thinking WTF? I guess that will just make me remember the moment better.
ABATTBQ11
AG
PhatMack19 said:

I went to buy my kid a new jersey the other day. The only ones left in his size were Altuve & Correa. He asked for Correa and I told him no. When he asked why, I said because he gets hurt getting massages and probably won't be on the team after next year. We got the Altuve jersey.

When I woke him up this morning and showed him the video from last night, the first thing he said was, "You should have let me get the Correa jersey." My 6 yr old got me this morning....

Farmer1906
AG
Safe at Home said:

Did anyone else wonder what Carlos was doing after he hit that ball? It didn't seem like he hit it that well, and at first I thought it must be foul the way he was standing there watching. Then when he put his hand to his ear I was thinking WTF? I guess that will just make me remember the moment better.

It looked like a no doubter for me in 207.
Deluxe
AG
Safe at Home said:

I went through a similar sequence of events in that 2-3 seconds watching on tv...

Contact - "YESSS HE GOT THAT"
Stops walking - "damnit is that going foul? We can't catch a break"
Puts hand to ear and starts jogging - "HOLY SWAG CORREA.. suck on that Yankees"
titanmaster_race
They all seem like massive dbags
Ag_07
AG
They are for the most part.

I do tune in to the Starting 9 when I know they're talking Astros like today, after the trade deadline, or if I see an Astro is on with them.

No way I could regularly listen to them but when it's relatable it's doable in small doses.
exp
AG
In Cole's last game against the Rays, he finally snapped a streak of 73 straight innings with a strikeout. That is an all-time MLB record. The previous record holder was Pedro Martinez with 40 consecutive innings with a strikeout. Holy god.
ArtVandelay03
AG
third coast.. said:

And whoever called me out for posting on this thread in section 423, show yourself.

Haha... guilty. I knew you looked familiar from somewhere, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then, it dawned on me when I was checking in on this thread and saw your posts. I must have recognized you from the GB pic thread.
Ambres
AG
ArtVandelay03 said:

third coast.. said:

And whoever called me out for posting on this thread in section 423, show yourself.

Haha... guilty. I knew you looked familiar from somewhere, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then, it dawned on me when I was checking in on this thread and saw your posts. I must have recognized you from the GB pic thread.
Hey I was in 423 w/ wife and in-laws as well but didn't call anyone out .. except maybe the people next to me who kept getting up every inning .. every inning they left and came back for one thing or another.. same 3 people.. of course my favorite is when the Yankee fans tried to start a chant only to be drown out by all the Astros fan next to them.
Prosperdick
AG
TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!
Big Al 1992
AG
AJ said Reddick back out in right today. I like it - could be low scoring game and we can use his defense. Plus being benched and the New York crowd should get him pumped up.

Ideally we mash, Cole Ks 12 and it doesn't matter who is in RF.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

AJ said Reddick back out in right today. I like it - could be low scoring game and we can use his defense. Plus being benched and the New York crowd should get him pumped up.

Ideally we mash, Cole Ks 12 and it doesn't matter who is in RF.
Well suited to deal with Yankee hecklers.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/astros/article/Right-field-at-Yankee-Stadium-isn-t-friendliest-14521719.php

Quote:

They knew his wife's name. They knew his mother's name. Surely, Josh Reddick figures, they'll know the names of his 2-week-old twin sons by the time he trots to right field Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium.

"They use Google really well," Reddick said.

He expects the fans in right field to behave at their worst, which is usually the case for him.

"As a visiting player? Brutal," Reddick said. "So brutal."
Reddick, who spent three seasons with the Boston Red Sox, has batted .189 in 30 games at Yankee Stadium. The seats in the right-field bleachers and right corner make it feel like the fans are on top of the defender.

He did not want to repeat the insults he's heard. He searched for a description.
"How can I put this nicely?" he said, looking up and choosing his words carefully. "I'm not gonna be that guy. That would give them more fuel. Harsh is a good, strong word."

Their rain of personal attacks seems ceaseless when Reddick takes to the grass. The 12-year veteran has not gotten used to it.

"No," Reddick said. "They've always been pretty harsh on me. It's always the same stuff. My mom's name. My wife's name. Some other expletives that I won't repeat."

It is to the point Reddick wishes Yankee Stadium security would do something, but then he wonders if it is part of the problem.

"The most frustrating part is there's no action taken," Reddick said. "You look at the security guards they're just watching, not saying a thing to anybody. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones helping to say that. It's just a matter of circumstance to where they just let it ride."

Astros reliever Joe Smith smiled when asked about the Yankee Stadium crowd. He'd been exposed to it while coming up with the Mets and stoked its playoff ire with the Cleveland Indians.
"They're nutty," Smith said. "We should all expect that. If you're not getting booed in New York, you're not doing something right."

Teammate Michael Brantley told Reddick the environment is less stressful in left field.
"They say right field's the worse," Reddick said.

Both the Astros and Yankees felt the effects of postseason climate change in the middle of the last best-of-seven series they played at Yankee Stadium.

Reddick remembered it spot-on: "Game 4, in the eighth, when they started coming back."
The Yankees evened the series at two games apiece with a volcanic rally. Then-Astros closer Ken Giles gave up four runs. Aaron Judge's double tied the game, and Gary Sanchez's go-ahead double caused an eruption of cheers that sent tremors through the ballpark.

"It felt like the stadium was going to explode. It was rumbling. It was loud. It was vibrating," Reddick said.

"I honestly thought the stadium was going to fall over," said George Springer, who was rattled in center field.

It felt more like a warm bath to Judge. The comeback defined a Bildungsroman moment for the Baby Bombers, a crew of monstrously sized young sluggers putting on an outsized performance.
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Well that .189 BA in 30 games there says otherwise.

But yes better suited than Tucker who looks like a deer in the headlights at home in MMP.

Guess it's all relative at this point.
gigemJTH12
AG
do we know who is behind the plate today and what their zone map looks like?

worried about Cole getting squeezed.
gigemJTH12
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Well that .189 BA in 30 games there says otherwise.

But yes better suited than Tucker who looks like a deer in the headlights at home in MMP.

Guess it's all relative at this point.
would you believe me if I told you Reddick has our highest BA against Severino?

5-11
3 doubles

maybe theres something there.
Frok
AG
I hope someone trash talks his twins and he comes up and smashes a home run right into the right field bleachers to show them up.

Charlie Conway
matchups, matchups, matchups
bearkatag15
AG
Nvm
gigemJTH12
AG
talking about umpire
ArtVandelay03
AG
And I didn't mean it as a call out. I was star struck in the presence of a texags legend. Always enjoy your posts
bearkatag15
AG
Jeff Nelson is the HP Ump today
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Jeff Nelson is the HP Ump today
Home underdogs haven't done well in games Nelson has been behind home plate.

For game 1, I posted these stats for Welke who had a 9-21 home team record. That seemed to hold up.

Quote:

Jeff Nelson - Betting Log

Overall Stats
  • Games: 31
  • Home Team Record: 14-17
  • Home Money: $-608
  • Strikeouts Per Game: 15.58
  • Walks Per Game: 6.68
  • Total Runs Per Game: 9.71
  • One Run Games: 6

Favorite Stats (Moneyline)
  • Home Favorite Record: 12-11
  • Home Small Favorite (-100 TO -140): 6-4
  • Home Medium Favorite (-145 TO -185): 2-4
  • Home Strong Favorite (-190 TO -230): 1-3
  • Home Big Favorite (-235+): 3-0

Underdog Stats (Moneyline)
  • Home Underdog Record: 2-6
  • Home Small Underdog (+100 TO +140): 1-5
  • Home Medium Underdog (+145 TO +185): 0-1
  • Home Strong Underdog (+190 TO +230): 1-0
  • Home Big Underdog (235+): 0-0

Total Stats (Ov/Un)
  • Over/Under Record: 17-13-1
  • Small Total Ov/Un (8 or less): 2-0-1
  • Medium Total Ov/Un (8 - 10): 14-10
  • Strong Total Ov/Un (10 - 12): 0-3
  • Big Total Ov/Un (12+): 1-0

Ag_07
AG
No

And for the record I think we jump Severino.

I think his start during the ALDS was fueled a lot by the adrenaline of being back in action. That and the Twins basically laid down without a fight.

I think now he feels the pressure and this offense gets to him.
Anonymous Source
S
TMACsDaMan said:

anyone know where I can get a Verlander Cole 2019 shirt that looks like the Reagan Bush election shirt?
Saw some at Academy on the Katy Freeway at Grand Parkway on Friday
Gig 'Em
bearkatag15
AG
Really looking for Correa to continue his explosion at the plate today. He loves hitting at Yankee Stadium (career slash line .318/.380/.591 with 4 HRs) and apparently he likes hitting Severino.

After that, Altuve, Reddick, Brantley and Yuli have all had success vs Severino while Bregman and Springer have been about as bad as possible against him.

gigemJTH12
AG
my prediction for today is Yuli goes oppo and puts a homer in the short porch
agsquirrel97
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm just glad my wife didnt hear and I had to relay it because if she actually heard someone say that in public she would have never stopped giving me ****
did you move seats? I thought you said 407 before the game and you couldn't see left field/crawford boxes. I was on high alert for TA posters in 407, but never spotted anyone. Class of 01 in front of me, but he never opened TA.
Frok
AG
Really feels like the Astros need to win this one today. Chances of winning the next two with Urquidy/Greinke is smaller. You win today you can assure you are coming back to MMP. It also loosens the team up to possibly steal another and come back ahead.
bearkatag15
AG
On the other side of the matchup, There aren't a lot of Yankees that have had success vs Cole or even very many ABs. LeMahieu has the most from their matchups in the NL together. Even before Cole was this version of himself LeMahieu couldn't hit him going 2 for 18 and 4 Ks.

Only Giancarlo Stanton has homered off him and has gone 3 for 10 overall.

JDUB08AG
AG
I feel good about today. Can't explain it.
Marvin
AG
Frok said:

Really feels like the Astros need to win this one today. Chances of winning the next two with Urquidy/Greinke is smaller. You win today you can assure you are coming back to MMP. It also loosens the team up to possibly steal another and come back ahead.

I support this message. Looking forward to Cole being efficient and deadly. Complete game shutout that makes the Yankee subway ride home a quiet and miserable experience.
CFTXAG10
AG
WelchAg said:

I feel good about today. Can't explain it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1453 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.