***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,160 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsquirrel97
AG
I got +500 odds on a parlay bet with a friend for the Astros to win games 2 and games 3, when Vegas was only paying +160 for that same bet.

The actual bet is in reference to our 5-day ski trip, I bet that the Astros win both games 2 and 3 with the payouts being I buy drinks for one day on the mountain if we lose either game and he buys drinks all 5 days on the mountain if the Astros win both games.

It is crazy that we were -160 on Sunday and about the same today, on the road. All aboard the Cole Train!
agsquirrel97
AG
Todays Gametime forecast - Clear, 63 at start down to 59 at finish
Tomorrow Gametime forecast - 8PM Start (eastern time) 58 degrees, rain starts at noon and continues until 3AM
Thursday Gametime forecast - 8PM Start (eastern time) partly cloudy and about 55 degrees all game
Friday if rescheduled - Clear - 59 at 4PM, 53 at 8PM, 51 at 10PM

I would guess the NL is wrapped up and Friday's rescheduled game would be 8PM eastern, even though it makes travel tight with a 3PM Saturday start to Game 6.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

I would guess the NL is wrapped up and Friday's rescheduled game would be 8PM eastern, even though it makes travel tight with a 3PM Saturday start to Game 6.
It won't be a 3 pm start saturday if NL is wrapped up.

and my guess is earlier start Friday
Deluxe
AG
We should debate Tucker vs Reddick more since both guys are aggressively making cases for more playing time.

Both guys have struck out 50% of their plate appearances, meaning that the other 50% of the time they have not struck out. All the haters need to look at the glass half full.

Similar to his career record, Reddick hasn't looked overmatched at all by playoff pitching. He used his extensive playoff experience to perfectly place that bloop single in ALDS game 5. Hard to imagine that Tucker would have been able to execute that. He also hit a ball hard in ALDS game 4.

But Tucker has brought some youthful energy to the lineup. Not once has he looked like he was trying to do too much or overwhelmed by the moment. He also consistently stays in the zone and forces pitchers into hitter's counts. The guy did have 100% percent (one hundred!) of our hits against Tanaka. He also flew out to the warning track once.

Who to start? Do you like Ferraris or Lambos? Do you like Fed or Nadal? Do you like Maui or Kauai?

Regardless, this seems like a topic that needs alot more discussion.
tjack16
AG
Deluxe said:

We should debate Tucker vs Reddick more since both guys are aggressively making cases for THE OTHER to get more playing time.

more accurate statement, but I'd go with the experience on the road honestly.
ClickClack
AG
Deluxe said:

We should debate Tucker vs Reddick more since both guys are aggressively making cases for more playing time.

Both guys have struck out 50% of their plate appearances, meaning that the other 50% of the time they have not struck out. All the haters need to look at the glass half full.

Similar to his career record, Reddick hasn't looked overmatched at all by playoff pitching. He used his extensive playoff experience to perfectly place that bloop single in ALDS game 5. Hard to imagine that Tucker would have been able to execute that. He also hit a ball hard in ALDS game 4.

But Tucker has brought some youthful energy to the lineup. Not once has he looked like he was trying to do too much or overwhelmed by the moment. He also consistently stays in the zone and forces pitchers into hitter's counts. The guy did have 100% percent (one hundred!) of our hits against Tanaka. He also flew out to the warning track once.

Who to start? Do you like Ferraris or Lambos? Do you like Fed or Nadal? Do you like Maui or Kauai?

Regardless, this seems like a topic that needs alot more discussion.

Ag_07
AG
If I were guessing I'd say 3 pm EST start time for a possible Friday game.

I don't think they'll start in the evening since there'll be no travel day and they won't start at noon since Thursday game is evening.

What I wouldn't mind and would be ideal (for the team not us fans wanting to watch) is bump Thurs start time to afternoon so that Fri game could be played at 12. That would give the most time for travel with a Sat evening game.
crowman2010
AG
Basically you're asking is Sheriff Woody or a wiry old squirrel should start
TREX01
Astros 6 Yanks 1 today. Book it.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

If I were guessing I'd say 3 pm EST start time for a possible Friday game.

I don't think they'll start in the evening since there'll be no travel day and they won't start at noon since Thursday game is evening.

What I wouldn't mind and would be ideal (for the team not us fans wanting to watch) is bump Thurs start time to afternoon so that Fri game could be played at 12. That would give the most time for travel with a Sat evening game.
Three day games at Yankee Stadium (instead of one day and game and two night games) would be a huge positive for the Astros. I'd take that scenario in a heartbeat.
Frok
AG
Except I can't watch the day games
bearkatag15
AG
Why would Thursday be a day game as well? Currently it is scheduled for a 7:08pm CT start. I don't see why that would be pushed up to the afternoon.
Deluxe
AG
Was just responding to Ag_07's scenario. But I also doubt that would actually happen.
bearkatag15
AG
Just got my Presale selection email for the World Series. I was 3 for 3 this year
BMX Bandit
World Series email ticket went out.
Cromagnum
AG
All the rain Wednesday is gonna be from Yankee tears that fire up today.
Ag_07
AG
I doubt it happens but if they wanted to bump up Thurs game so they could bump up the Fri makeup game so the teams could travel.

It's a pipe dream but would give the teams the most accommodating travel schedule since they're losing the full travel day that was originally Fri.
tjack16
AG
haven't gotten an email yet so I assume I didn't get presale... All I wanted was one ticket (bucket list never been to a world series game) but I can't afford the astronomical stubhub prices right now on a teachers salary sadly
Deluxe
AG
Cromagnum said:

All the rain Wednesday is gonna be from Yankee tears that fire up today.
That's an excellent point. Gotta wonder if all the water tomorrow being picked up by the NY meteorological systems is being sourced from Yankee fans leaving the stadium after the 7th inning today.
Beat40
I'm just ready to get this game played. After game 2, I'm ready to go out there and ride the momentum of Gerrit Cole.

Man it would be awesome if we could start out with a Springer Dinger...and then a few other runs!
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

I doubt it happens but if they wanted to bump up Thurs game so they could bump up the Fri makeup game so the teams could travel.

It's a pipe dream but would give the teams the most accommodating travel schedule since they're losing the full travel day that was originally Fri.

Just play Game 4 after the game tonight! They got all day to sleep on Wednesday.
gigemJTH12
AG
Do not turn this into a World Series ticket thread. Create a new thread or DM about it.
WES2006AG
AG
tjholley16 said:

haven't gotten an email yet so I assume I didn't get presale... All I wanted was one ticket (bucket list never been to a world series game) but I can't afford the astronomical stubhub prices right now on a teachers salary sadly
#metoo
tjack16
AG
I actually don't mind the 3 pm start today... we have 8th period at that time and most of the kids in my class really want to watch the game. Plus they are ahead on their assignments.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I will be on a fkn plane for the entire game today and for the entire game Thursday. I'm sick over it.
Mathguy64
AG
I have an ortho appointment at 2 for a torn meniscus. That's bad. But we will be done by 3. And I have a test at 4. So headphones will be on and FS1 will be playing.
Frok
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I will be on a fkn plane for the entire game today and for the entire game Thursday. I'm sick over it.

That happened to me last year. I ended up missing most of the three losses at home.
Ag_07
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

T&P

Those airplanes bathrooms are TIGHT
bearkatag15
AG

MAROON
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'll be in two bull**** meetings a couple of numb nuts here scheduled today. For the life of me some of these people are freaking clueless - these aren't material issues to discuss. Send a freaking e-mail!
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Philip J Fry
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

You can purchase WiFi you know.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Will pay for WS presale code...
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I've been down that road far too many times. Plane Wi-Fi is spotty at best.
HvilleAggie
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Philip J Fry said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I've been down that road far too many times. Plane Wi-Fi is spotty at best.

Pray for DirecTV service. I lucked out last Thursday night on the way home from MSY
First Page Last Page
Page 1454 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.