***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,211 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
newsjunkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, regarding my post about Big Papi and cigar smoking issue. It seemed to me that he was saying I won't be coming back here because the next 3 games are played in New York and he expects the Yankees to sweep and not have to play game 6 here.
I just thought it was incredibly rude for him to not abide by the stadiums' no smoking policy to make a point.

Am I reading this correctly or is there more to this than I am aware?
Be to her virtures very kind; be to her faults a little blind. Lord Byron
gambochaman
AG
Ag_07 said:

And just for fun I looked at what the weather is forecast to be in MIN this week top see what it would like if we were playing there.

WED high is 46 with a low of 35

EFF
THAT
JYDog90
AG
I wouldn't be too concerned either way. It was an off the cuff comment meant to be funny at the moment. I took it to mean that he wasn't really concerned about anything other than smoking a cigar.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Ag_07
AG
Man it wasn't like he was strutting through the crowd deliberately puffing smoke in everyone's faces.

It was bit for TV in an empty stadium.

I wouldn't let it keep you up at night.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

And just for fun I looked at what the weather is forecast to be in MIN this week top see what it would like if we were playing there.

WED high is 46 with a low of 35

I'm rooting for a rainout on Wednesday.
Charlie Conway
let's not root for a rainout, that we have have Greinke, Verlander and Cole line up for games 5, 6, and 7
Beat40
Charlie Conway said:

let's not root for a rainout, that we have have Greinke, Verlander and Cole line up for games 5, 6, and 7

Yeah, I don't want a rain out. As others have said. If it doesn't rain. It's definitely a bullpen day for them, which if they have to use a lot of bullpen tomorrow, I really like that.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Beat40 said:

Charlie Conway said:

Yeah, I don't want a rain out. As others have said. If it doesn't rain. It's definitely a bullpen day for them, which if they have to use a lot of bullpen tomorrow, I really like that.
yeah, give me an inning or two of CC for 3-4 runs
Ajollyag
MuckRaker96 said:

ajolly said:

Consider me a conspiracy theorist, but there were times when i thought for sure in the TB game when TB balls were juiced and ours were not...
What part of your theory makes sense about baseball wanting the Rays to advance? Getting more great shots of the tarp in their upper deck on prime-time TV? All those senior citizens in their TV market falling asleep at 6:30 p.m. during the pre game?

I didnt say the league wanted the rays to advance. Im saying the league wanted it to go to 5 games.
Ajollyag
ajolly said:

MuckRaker96 said:

ajolly said:

Consider me a conspiracy theorist, but there were times when i thought for sure in the TB game when TB balls were juiced and ours were not...
What part of your theory makes sense about baseball wanting the Rays to advance? Getting more great shots of the tarp in their upper deck on prime-time TV? All those senior citizens in their TV market falling asleep at 6:30 p.m. during the pre game?

I didnt say the league wanted the rays to advance. Im saying the league wanted it to go to 5 games.

Specifically talking about the game at TB when our balls were ending at the warning track or deep outfield and they hit like 5 homeruns
Frok
AG
There is no way MLB is trying to fix games by using juiced balls for only one side. Can you imagine the logistics of that and how many different people would have to be in on it?

Ajollyag
Frok said:

There is no way MLB is trying to fix games by using juiced balls for only one side. Can you imagine the logistics of that and how many different people would have to be in on it?

I've read the Q Anon thread on the politics board. Nothing would surprise me after reading that.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Marvin said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Where everyone watching tomorrow? Have some work to do at the JW Marriott in San Antonio so I'll be glued to the giant ribbon big screen.

Anybody gone to a MMP watch party? If so, thoughts?
I went to the Game 4 watch party last week at MMP and left after the 3rd, I would say it is all about who you are around.
gambochaman
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Beat40 said:

Charlie Conway said:

yeah, give me an inning or two of CC for 3-4 runs

Yeah i dont understand this philosophy...you get a rainout an you basically swith urquidy/peacock/etc from game 4 to a potential game 7...
titanmaster_race
spadilly said:

Off days...

I need an off day after last night. Especially because I'm on the east coast and the game didn't end until after 1am for me.
Prosperdick
AG
aTm2004 said:

mathguy86 said:

Blue did the right thing. That's all that matters. Sanche should have taken it like a man instead of a wuss. That whole team is built around Boone complaining to umpires and getting tossed.
Yep. Watched the highlights this morning and he knew he got another shot after he got saved, so he should have known anything close to the zone was going to be called. Blue knew he messed up as well and had a great pitch after to call strike 3.
One more point about Sanchez...he obviously was still miffed about the call as he was still jawing with the home plate ump right before Correa's blast. Not only was it a terrific make-up call but karma as he wasn't concentrating on what pitch to call for Carlos but rather complaining about a call after an absolute gifted second chance swing.

As always F the Yanks.

Also one other point, I could see this series turning into our series against Boston last year. I guarantee you Sox Nation was absolutely dejected after losing game 1 to us at home and we all know how that ended.
AggiEE
Eso si, Que es said:

AggiEE said:

Cromagnum said:

Do we finally drop Springer's unproductive ass?

Uh oh

You're about to face the wrath of a poster bearing a Spanish name
I guess you can't spell a simple 5 letter English word, my name is not Spanish, say it fast and it will come to you.

I enjoyed your hot take of how dumb it was to PH Diaz for Tucker with the rationale that Diaz is going to strike out, after Tucker's two attractions plate appearances. Diaz had a great AB to earn a walk against their best arm and turn the lineup over.

If Tucker was Alabama, then you would be the Gary Danielson of TexAgs. It goes a long way if you would ever just call out your son for being undisciplined at the plate. You are quick to call out a surefire ROY, a world series MVP, an American League MVP and an All Star game MVP, but continue to goal tend mediocrity from your offspring.

I may not have been clear so I will say unequivicably, I want Kyle Tucker to have an extremely productive and successful MLB career. I also want the other 24 people on this roster to kick ass and bring home the hardware. I would never root for the failure of one player on this team to the benefit of another player on this team. The struggle of winning a world series is what makes the glory so great, it is just frustrating to watch you bleed all over this thread that is a celebration of the most complete team (in any sport) that this city has ever seen.

Have fun, enjoy the highs and the lows, let Hinch manage (he is kicking Aaron Boone's ass right now) and let Luhnow continue to be the best in the business.

Socks,
You sure do love to cherry pick posts, huh? All over a suggestion that maybe Hinch should move Springer, or that maybe Diaz shouldn't PH in a certain scenario, lol.

You think I'm this negative Nancy and I'm not. I will root for whoever Hinch strolls out there. Wanting players to move around in the order doesn't mean I want them to fail.

The reason this thread exists is to have discussions and make arm chair management theoretical discussions. If we didn't then this thread would get boring real fast...
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I don't disagree with that and prefer we keep our original schedule with JV & Cole 6/7.

I wouldn't mind seeing Boone bring in CC for an inning or two as a longer relief guy in the next couple of games. I they're going to have to unless he is just on the roster cause he's CC and he will only face lefties.

I hope the former because I think we can knock him around.
tjack16
AG

Pretty good recap
Texas A&M
YellAg2004 said:

Texas A&M said:

Hopefully the Astros' bats have a better night than I will. I'm about to drink a gallon of the colon blow liquid required for test that shall not be named. I'm not sure how much of the game I'll miss.
You realize that if the bats come alive and the Stros win this game, this will need to be your ritual every remaining game of the playoffs, right?
Yeah, I'm would normally be willing to take one for the team...but not on this one.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Correa play is a bit overrated? It was a great throw, but also the play wasn't even close. I'm pretty sure just about any SS in the league throws the runner out. Instead of being out by four steps, he's only out by three, but the runner would still be out. It was a dumb decision to send him.

I disagree with this. If you don't do any one of the following things, he's safe:

1) barehand the ball
2) get a good grip on the ball
3) take only the single step needed to throw the ball
4) get enough behind the ball
5) throw a perfect strike

So many things happened perfectly there.
Big Al 1992
AG
Last time Grienke pitched in NY he was still a D Back, it was raining through out and he pitched very well.
crowman2010
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

AustinAg2K said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Correa play is a bit overrated? It was a great throw, but also the play wasn't even close. I'm pretty sure just about any SS in the league throws the runner out. Instead of being out by four steps, he's only out by three, but the runner would still be out. It was a dumb decision to send him.

I disagree with this. If you don't do any one of the following things, he's safe:

1) barehand the ball

Nuke...the runner didn't have a chance in hell.

I could've thrown him out
bigjag19
AG
Enjoy the stories on Lima Jr.

We sang a round of casa ole last night.
cablinaggie
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Last time Grienke pitched in NY he was still a D Back, it was raining through out and he pitched very well.
Sanchez, Gardner, Lemahieu and Stanton didn't play in that game so I don't know how much you can take from that start.
sts7049
AG
exactly. and that's why the runner went, add the pressure to throw and it would have been easy to rush and screw it up
titanmaster_race
newsjunkie said:

Ok, regarding my post about Big Papi and cigar smoking issue. It seemed to me that he was saying I won't be coming back here because the next 3 games are played in New York and he expects the Yankees to sweep and not have to play game 6 here.
I just thought it was incredibly rude for him to not abide by the stadiums' no smoking policy to make a point.

You're looking for something to get offended about my friend.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
titanmaster_race said:

newsjunkie said:

You're looking for something to get offended about my friend.

Papis broken English speaking ass can smoke a texas sized dick
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

jkag89
bobinator said:

is that always happening or is it more in the playoffs? I had never noticed it before but it may be something I didn't pick up on TV and just noticed in person.
They may be a little more particular now that it is the postseason but Cole and JV have been doing it all season.
Mathguy64
AG
The Cards are in for it tonight. Strasburg is dealing and he's getting all the black.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
crowman2010 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

AustinAg2K said:

1) barehand the ball

I would love to set this up with the exact same timing as a live MLB game and show you how wrong you are.
The Milkman
AG
newsjunkie said:

Not abiding by a policy?! say it ain't so.
spadilly
S
Does anyone have a 7-1/2 low profile Apollo 11 hat they'd be willing to trade for a regular fit?

Got a regular fit one for a gift today and they look terrible on my head. Would love to find a low profile if possible.
BMX Bandit
crowman2010 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

AustinAg2K said:

1) barehand the ball

You'd have tripped over yourself trying to pick up the ball & rainbowed it into the dugout
First Page Last Page
Page 1451 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.