***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,196 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deluxe said:

Hot take alert:

I'm a Bauer fan now. He was right about what he said last year regarding inconsistent enforcement of pitchers using foreign substances, but he was wrong to single out the Astros (which he later admitted). I don't think his Twitter banter with Bregman is intended to be serious. And after getting to know Cole over the past year, it makes sense why they clashed at UCLA. Their personalities couldn't be more different.

Bauer got lucky last night, no doubt. But he's a damn good pitcher and I respect his competitiveness. Not many starters want a piece of Springer, Altuve, Bregman in the 8th inning after throwing 100 pitches, then have the stuff to be able to put them down (with a little help from Altuve getting caught stealing). I also like that he challenged Bregman with the same pitch that Bregman took him deep on in the playoffs (curve ball that spins back toward the inside corner).

If the Indians go back into sell mode on either of their aces, I'd love to add Bauer.
Bauer and Bregman have very similar personalities. I like Bauer too... he's a funny guy.
Ag_07
AG
I said that back when CLE was supposedly shopping him earlier.

He's a weird cat for sure but he can pitch and who cares if it would piss Cole off. A) He needs to be a pro and deal with it and B) He's probably gone anyways.

I'd love it if Bauer were added to this rotation.
irish pete ag06
AG
Deluxe said:

Hot take alert:

I'm a Bauer fan now. He was right about what he said last year regarding inconsistent enforcement of pitchers using foreign substances, but he was wrong to single out the Astros (which he later admitted). I don't think his Twitter banter with Bregman is intended to be serious. And after getting to know Cole over the past year, it makes sense why they clashed at UCLA. Their personalities couldn't be more different.

Bauer got lucky last night, no doubt. But he's a damn good pitcher and I respect his competitiveness. Not many starters want a piece of Springer, Altuve, Bregman in the 8th inning after throwing 100 pitches, then have the stuff to be able to put them down (with a little help from Altuve getting caught stealing). I also like that he challenged Bregman with the same pitch that Bregman took him deep on in the playoffs (curve ball that spins back toward the inside corner).

If the Indians go back into sell mode on either of their aces, I'd love to add Bauer.
As crazy as it sounds, Bauer would probably love being a part of the Astros with the resources he would have.
Deluxe
AG
I definitely think he would. And it's wild to think how good he could be in collaboration with our analytics group.
irish pete ag06
AG
dlance said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Aggie8587 said:

Feels like Correa falls behind 0-2 more than any hitter in the bigs

I agree. I'd like to see this stat.
He has gone 0-2 in 11 of 90 plate appearances this year so far. He is batting .273 (3 for 11) in 0-2 counts. No idea how that compares to the league though.
I used fangraphs split tool deal to pull it up and it has Correa seeing 0-2 26 times this season, which puts him near the top actually. Not sure why the discrepancy. Also not sure if this link works...

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/splits-leaderboards?splitArr=62&splitArrPitch=&position=B&autoPt=true&splitTeams=false&statType=player&statgroup=1&startDate=2019-03-01&endDate=2019-11-01&players=&filter=
Beat40
Yeah, I am not sure why the discrepancy as well. Baseball-Reference had it as 3-11 as well.
irish pete ag06
AG
Beat40 said:

Yeah, I am not sure why the discrepancy as well. Baseball-Reference had it as 3-11 as well.
I think baseball reference only tracks events that happen on 0-2. Not what happens when the count changes.
Beat40
I don't think it sounds crazy at all. He's exactly the type of pitcher the Astros like. He's already on board with their methods. The question is whether his personality fits the Astros profile - ie, how receptive to change is he.

I think he'd be great to have in the rotation.
Bonfired
AG
Ticket sold.
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."--Steven Wright
n_touch
Anyone going tonight that can grab me a bobblehead? If so will trade for tumblers
AgFan1999
AG
if you're going to be in Corpus in a few weeks, they're giving out the same bobblehead.
Stros Schadenfreude
bearkatag15 said:

can't believe that was only 411 thought it would have been 450 or so, it looked like one of the hardest hit homers I've ever seen.
AgSportsFan89
AG
I was looking at the schedule and realized the Astros are off next Friday instead of starting their weekend series at the Angels. I can't ever recall them scheduling an off day for a Friday. That seems like missing out on one of your big revenue days. Anyone know if there is a particular reason?
WES2006AG
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

I was looking at the schedule and realized the Astros are off next Friday instead of starting their weekend series at the Angels. I can't ever recall them scheduling an off day for a Friday. That seems like missing out on one of your big revenue days. Anyone know if there is a particular reason?
Next weekends series is in Mexico
AgSportsFan89
AG
Ah. I forgot about that. Thanks
TREX01
Yeah next Friday is a travel day for all the illegals to get back so they can watch the games in Mexico
Harry Dunne
Random question but does anyone know if the playground @ MMP is still open? I believe it was by section 132 on the 1b line.

Edit to say I just called the park and the "squeeze play" playground is now closed. Liability issues.
Tyler Bauer
Deluxe said:

Hot take alert:

JABQ04
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Random question but does anyone know if the playground @ MMP is still open? I believe it was by section 132 on the 1b line.

Edit to say I just called the park and the "squeeze play" playground is now closed. Liability issues.

I know it sucks for the kids but thank god. Now mine won't be asking to spend the whole ****ing game there.
DVC2010
AG
I have a two tickets for tonight and a dog at home that really needs a long walk. Anyone want to go? The TexAgs discount is $30 per seat.
bearkatag15
AG

Reddick moves up above Yuli tonight to face Kluber. Obviously he deserves it.
Deluxe
AG
Thanks for the star, Tyler! Hope you to see you with the Astros soon!
dshedd41
S
Still available?
Gig’em Aggies!
redline248
AG
How did he get the Tyler nickname?
DVC2010
AG
Unfortunately, no.
linkdude
AG
Watching the Vlad Jr. mania in Toronto before his first AB was the most non-Astros fun I've had watching baseball in awhile. I hope he is everything the projections say he could be.
Pahdz
If he's anything like his dad he'll be a guy you don't want to miss at bat when watching his games.

Edit - or watch him gun dudes down
Bulldog73
AG
Yeah, I'll always root for little Vlad as long as he plays nearly as hard as his dad.
HossAg
AG
linkdude said:

Watching the Vlad Jr. mania in Toronto before his first AB was the most non-Astros fun I've had watching baseball in awhile. I hope he is everything the projections say he could be.

Almost just hit a dinger in his 2nd AB
bearkatag15
AG
Pahdz
Holy crap he hits just like his dad!
Buck Compton
AG
Bregman has to be running full speed on 2 outs there. Woulda scored.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Loved Brantley's 1st AB. got down 0-2 and just tried to punch it the other way to keep the inning going. Let the guy behind you try to do something
Wabs
AG
Come on Correa.
Deluxe
AG
Wabs said:

Come on Correa.

Don't worry, he'll hit a solo HR later when the game has already been decided
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.