***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,300 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
jakeaggie84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PhatMack19 said:

I went to buy my kid a new jersey the other day. The only ones left in his size were Altuve & Correa. He asked for Correa and I told him no. When he asked why, I said because he gets hurt getting massages and probably won't be on the team after next year. We got the Altuve jersey.

When I woke him up this morning and showed him the video from last night, the first thing he said was, "You should have let me get the Correa jersey." My 6 yr old got me this morning....

Gotta go buy him the Correa jersey today!
bigjag19
AG
Yankee fans during Judge at bats were beyond annoying.

That said the ones by us weren't drunk *******s or anything.

Also Chief Art A stood by us at the pump for the 5th. Don't care for his policies but good that he was walking around the stadium.
Buck Compton
AG
bigjag19 said:

Yankee fans during Judge at bats were beyond annoying.

That said the ones by us weren't drunk *******s or anything.

Also Chief Art A stood by us at the pump for the 5th. Don't care for his policies but good that he was walking around the stadium.
That piece of **** just wanted to watch the game for free from by the pump. He's a blowhard.

Also probably isn't the best look for the police chief of one of the cities to be publicly putting the umpires on blast on his Twitter.
Ajollyag
PhatMack19 said:

I went to buy my kid a new jersey the other day. The only ones left in his size were Altuve & Correa. He asked for Correa and I told him no. When he asked why, I said because he gets hurt getting massages and probably won't be on the team after next year. We got the Altuve jersey.

When I woke him up this morning and showed him the video from last night, the first thing he said was, "You should have let me get the Correa jersey." My 6 yr old got me this morning....

Shouldve just said, "because he is most likely getting traded after this year"
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Correas throw to nail the guy at home last night was 88 mph.

As a former pitcher who touched 87mph one single time, this is absolutely mind boggling to me.
Ag_07
AG
Flat footed with very little time to load up

Very impressive
Beat40
Nuke LaLoosh said:

As a former pitcher who touched 87mph one single time, this is absolutely mind boggling to me.

And the fact that wasn't even really able to get his whole weight into the throw. He has an amazing arm.
Mathguy64
AG
IIRC he turned a 3-6-1 DP to JV that left Verlander shocked at what he caught.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

He has all of the talent in the world.... do y'all remember his relay throw from LF that touched 96? Dude has a cannon.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Million dollar idea brought to you by the Gerritt Cole contract.

Sports fan escrow, I say I will by season tickets if the Astros sign Gerritt Cole. With enough support it would provide owners with additional financial incentives. You just need a system to implement it with options, its actually a reasonable use case for a blockchain smart contracts system. Other scenarios,

If a college football team fires the headcoach, I will by two tickets

If the stadium serves beer I will by 10 beers

Marvin
AG
Yankee fan in the section where I sat last night threw his hand to his ear (just like Correa did later) and turned around repeatedly after Judge's home run, taunting all the Astros fans around him. I wasn't drinking and wasn't near him, but how the ***** didn't end up with a beer or soda poured over his head is beyond me.

I looked for him after the Correa blast but he had apparently left. Go figure.

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
third coast.. said:

I read that it was 87 but that his average for the top 10% of his throws was 88.8 mph

I'm just repeating what Matt Thomas said. Still crazy...
Bobby Jimbo
AG
exp said:

I just want to say that watching playoff baseball is the most stressful sports experience I know of.

Anyone disagree?
Especially when you have a free mattress on the line.
Mr.Bond
AG
Bobby Jimbo said:

exp said:

I just want to say that watching playoff baseball is the most stressful sports experience I know of.

Anyone disagree?
Especially when you have a free mattress on the line.

No such thing as free...... We've all lost days of our lives here
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

spadilly
S
Off days...

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
spadilly said:

Off days...

EFFING SUCKS
Yoda
AG
Why do these make me laugh... every time? I know it's coming yet still.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
Teddy Perkins
AG

The Yankees have to be concerned at this point in the series with Cole on the horizon. Really hope Boone continues to over mange as our guys continue to figure out their bullpen.
Charlie Conway
spadilly said:

Off days...

I for one welcome the off day, give me sometime to let my blood pressure drop
gougler08
AG
Boone certainly seems to have gone to the Dave Roberts managerial school...hope it ends up biting him in the ass
McInnis
AG
I'm updating the spreadsheet, so let's see if I have this right: we love Correa, hate Tucker, and Alvarez is in transition. Does this about cover it?
Ag_07
AG
Marvin said:

Yankee fan in the section where I sat last night threw his hand to his ear (just like Correa did later) and turned around repeatedly after Judge's home run, taunting all the Astros fans around him. I wasn't drinking and wasn't near him, but how the ***** didn't end up with a beer or soda poured over his head is beyond me.

Because we're civil people and not barbaric A-holes

I will say when we were in Yankee Stadium back for Opening Day in 2016 the guys around us were alright. They were obnoxious and ribbing us but I dished it right back to them then we became friends the rest of the day.
kb2001
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Correa had a relay from the outfield in the 2017 playoffs that was 97mph
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So here's the strategy I formulated today instead of working:

Assuming Correa doesn't bat in the top of the first, let Cole throw one about 99 MPH 10 feet over Judge's head, like Randy Johnson did to John Kruk at the All-Star game that one time.

Both benches get warned about throwing at guys. Then if they throw at Correa, their pitcher gets tossed, and possibly Booney as well.

Although with Boone going through pitchers like I go through chips and salsa, maybe I want him in there.

astros4545
AG
Bro

The Yankees are savages though, not sure we want to make a bunch of savages extra savagey
AustinAg2K
Am I the only one who thinks the Correa play is a bit overrated? It was a great throw, but also the play wasn't even close. I'm pretty sure just about any SS in the league throws the runner out. Instead of being out by four steps, he's only out by three, but the runner would still be out. It was a dumb decision to send him.
Mathguy64
AG
Weird stat from last night. Correa's HR had an EV of 102.6 mph, 27 degree launch angle, an estimated distance of 394 ft and an xBA of .850.

The one he hit in the 6th inning? EV of 103.6, 27 degree LA, 396 ft of carry and an xBA of .900.

One was out and one was an out.
Texaggie7nine
tjholley16 said:

Any idea when World Series presale emails go out? I remember it being around this time last year right about game 2-3
Thursday
7nine
Bregxit
AG
Problem with that is if Cole let's one slip after then we're ****ed.
Will Hunt
kb2001 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Correa had a relay from the outfield in the 2017 playoffs that was 97mph

Correa threw 97 on infield drill at PG Worlds in 2012 as a young 17 y.o.

BTW, Lance McCullers had record at 98 in event, both Class 2012.

Mason Wynn, #1 rated catcher of 2020 MLB draft class and Sr. at Kingwood threw 98 as a Junior in 2018.

Correa fellow Puerto Rico Baseball Academy 2020 alum Sabin Ceballos set record at 99 this year.
agsquirrel97
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Correa play is a bit overrated? It was a great throw, but also the play wasn't even close. I'm pretty sure just about any SS in the league throws the runner out. Instead of being out by four steps, he's only out by three, but the runner would still be out. It was a dumb decision to send him.
Yes

You are the only one who thinks that. Most SS would not even be there ready to back up the play
Ag_07
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Correa play is a bit overrated?

Yes you are and it was the absolute right play to send him.

In order for him to be out the ball had to bounce off Altuve right at Correa, he had to pick it up cleanly bare handed, and make a perfect throw home flat footed. Oh yeah...The tag had to made as well.

Phenomenal play that took some luck and perfect execution.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Good read on Yordan's background.
First Page Last Page
Page 1449 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.