***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,712 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
willjohnathan said:

Cole will be on full rest because of the off day.

Ah. Good point. I didn't consider that.
rosco511
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Agreed. I think we can win without Verlander and I think Verlander on full rest is a better shot than on 3 days. What do we do if we lose game 4? Run Cole out on 3 days rest after throwing 118 pitches?

I think this is a huge mistake.

Looks like you totally missed the point. Astros maximize their odds of winning by pitching JV in game
4 and Cole in game 5 because JV and Cole are both that much better than any other pitcher the Astros could start. Thus, the right decision is to do what Hinch is doing, and not just play for game 5 as the "sure" win.
the last of the bohemians
Verlander has good career stats at Tropicana, imagine those analytics are what ultimately made the decision for Hinch. Best case we are probably looking at 6 innings from him on the short rest, worse case we get urquindy mid game....guys did this all time until early 90s so he 'should ' have it in him, but it is a bold move in 2019 baseball
bearkatag15
AG
gigemJTH12
AG
Am I crazy that I would rather play the dodgers than the Nats if it got to that point?
HossAg
AG
I'd rather get the Nats. Dodgers have way more potential.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Mr.Bond
AG
Epic choke by Minnesota
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tremble
AG
Twins blow
Frok
AG
Twins had the bases loaded with no outs and don't even get the ball out of the infield. Yeesh.
Ags #1
AG
And they still have no pitching and the huge contracts of Pujols and upton.
CoachRTM
AG
I'm on board with the Verlander decision mainly because if you went with Urquidy and lost, you would have both a fully rested Verlander and Cole on the bench for game 5... and that seems like a waste.
bullard21k
AG
Once Pineda got suspended the Twins season was over. Their rotation is garbage and bullpen is meh.

They feasted on a really bad division.

I didn't expect them to win a game but hoped they would at least win one
Ag_07
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

Dunno, I called the osuna debacle and Miley debacle in the playoffs, hopefully you're right....

Because every post you make on here is bleeding, whining, or bltching. Panicking and second guessing the entire way. You're always here when the SHTF.

Eventually you're gonna be right.
HossAg
AG

Dunno, I called the osuna debacle and Miley debacle in the playoffs, hopefully you're right....
r/iamverybadass
AggiEE
Ag_07 said:

Because every post you make on here is bleeding, whining, or bltching. Panicking and second guessing the entire way. You're always here when the SHTF.

So he's the Peter Schiff of baseball analysis?
Wabs
AG
Frok said:

Twins had the bases loaded with no outs and don't even get the ball out of the infield. Yeesh.

Astros level of clutch hitting
Mr.Bond
AG
Why in the **** was Sano playing so shallow???
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Wabs
AG
Did y'all see how the Yankees moved a runner to 3B with less than 2 out and he eventually scored. Novel concept.
mazag08
AG
AggiEE said:

Ag_07 said:

So he's the Peter Schiff of baseball analysis?

Schiff has ever gotten something right?
Kashchei
AG
You'd think the Twins would put up SOME resistance
Mr.Bond
AG
Minnesota is so unclutch it hurts

tremble
AG
Twins are killing me. At least they have Severino at like 60+ pitches through 3 but man, ****ing make something happen.
CFTXAG10
AG
Dodgers lose. Game 5 Wednesday
8T2
Dodgers/Nats going to Game 5.
rosco511
AG
Should have been ball 4 but umpire bailed out Severino on 3-0 count.
redline248
AG
If you're Tampa, and 1 game from elimination, is it really your best shot to stay alive by going with some guy named Diego Castillo and your bullpen?

3 appearances vs Houston:
4 IP, 5 hits/2 BB, 3 R (2 earned), 1 K
CoachRTM
AG
redline248 said:

If you're Tampa, and 1 game from elimination, is it really your best shot to stay alive by going with some guy named Diego Castillo and your bullpen?

What other option do they have?

They have Glasnow and a bullpen day.... that's about it. I guess the other option would be to pitch Glasnow on short notice, and then Snell can be a part of the bullpen day.
Harry Dunne
Nm, didn't read carefully
gigemJTH12
AG
Ag_07 said:

DRAG HIM
titanmaster_race
Astros offense needs to come out firing on all cylinders tomorrow.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

He's been pretty good this year. Done some opening and closing. Then again, people on this thread think a 3.01 ERA is trash.
W
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Astros offense needs to come out firing on all cylinders tomorrow.
this is a big reason why JV is starting. The Astros have a terrible time scoring runs at the Trop
jkag89
2017 American League Division Series (ALDS) Game 4, Astros at Red Sox, October 9

Again JV did not start but did pitch 2 2/3 innings and got the W.

And the HR was cheapie near the Pesky Pole
jkag89
bearkatag15 said:

Wet field, at least a couple of heavy showers during the game.
First Page Last Page
Page 1259 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.