***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,260 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Poor TED

What happened? Not on the roster?
gigemJTH12
AG
what are yall thinking for tickets? should I buy tonight? will there be a small spike tomorrow? or just wait till the absolute last minute?
bearkatag15
AG
Bregxit said:

Farmer1906 said:

Poor TED

Hinch said Reddick is playing tomorrow.
bearkatag15
AG

Teddy Perkins
AG
Bregman is laser focused right now. Very calm and serious demeanor so far in his portion of the presser.
Farmer1906
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

what are yall thinking for tickets? should I buy tonight? will there be a small spike tomorrow? or just wait till the absolute last minute?

Wait it out
Farmer1906
AG
Bregxit said:

Farmer1906 said:

Poor TED

Rotting on the bench.
Farmer1906
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Bregman is laser focused right now. Very calm and serious demeanor so far in his portion of the presser.

Sounds like he's stressing, pressing, and not having fun. We're screwed. SCREWED!
Bregxit
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bregxit said:

Farmer1906 said:

Poor TED

Rotting on the bench.

Hopefully he isn't rotting after one game. That's some bad fruit if so.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Sounds like he's stressing, pressing, and not having fun. We're screwed. SCREWED!
Not sure if it's time to pull the panic alarm on Bregman yet, but geez. First all the YouTube celeb stuff. Now this. There's a chance he might not even win MVP this year. Hopefully Correa stays healthy so we can slide Toro in at 3B if Bregman gets off to a slow start tomorrow.
Prosperdick
AG
Deluxe said:

Interesting note on Astros-Rays pitching matchups courtesy of the Starting 9 podcast...

G1) Astros start a former Cy Young winner and Rays counter with a former Pittsburgh Pirate
G2) Rays start a former Cy Young winner and Astros counter with a former Pittsburgh Pirate
G3) Astros start a former Cy Young winner and Rays counter with a former Pittsburgh Pirate
Either G1 or G2 (or who knows, maybe both) will need to be updated to CURRENT Cy Young winner. It's still a very interesting tidbit.
Deluxe
AG
Haha yep. Sucks to be a Pirates fan watching this series.
Mathguy64
AG
Prosperdick said:

Deluxe said:

Interesting note on Astros-Rays pitching matchups courtesy of the Starting 9 podcast...

G1) Astros start a former Cy Young winner and Rays counter with a former Pittsburgh Pirate
G2) Rays start a former Cy Young winner and Astros counter with a former Pittsburgh Pirate
G3) Astros start a former Cy Young winner and Rays counter with a former Pittsburgh Pirate
Either G1 or G2 (or who knows, maybe both) will need to be updated to CURRENT Cy Young winner. It's still a very interesting tidbit.
And its not inconceivable that this series sees the #1, 2 and 3 in the Cy Young race back to back to back.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Quote:

So, would [the Mets] actually pay Joe Girardi or Joe Maddon big money, particularly when Callaway has one year left on his contract at a reported salary of just over $1 million? Possibly. It's what they should do. But the name I reported on Twitter early Wednesday morning as a "name to watch" Carlos Beltrn is intriguing as well. Beltrn is bilingual, a strong communicator in both English and Spanish. He played for the Mets from 2005-11, interviewed for the Yankees' job that went to Aaron Boone in 2018. He also has connections to the Mets' front office. One Mets executive, Allard Baird, was Beltrn's GM with the Royals. Another, Omar Minaya, signed Beltrn as a free agent when he was Mets' GM. As for the differences Beltrn had with Mets ownership most notably, over his decision to undergo knee surgery in 2010 they probably would not deter him from pursuing the job.

Beltrn is polarizing to Mets fans, in part because of the called third strike he took from the Cardinals' Adam Wainwright in Game 7 of the 2006 World Series. But he also is a potential Hall of Famer who had some of his best years with the Mets, and is extremely savvy about the game. Remember when Red Sox manager Alex Cora said that Beltrn had helped the Yankees during the London Series in his role as special adviser? As a first-time manager, Beltrn would need an experienced bench coach. But it's hardly a reach to envision him calling shots in the dugout.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Hinch just said on Bases Loaded that Toro is probably not making the roster for the ALDS. Straw probably is since he can play infield and outfield. Only carrying 11 pitchers and 14 position players. Intimated that at the back end of the bullpen guys like Devo and Peacock may be on the outside looking in.
HvilleAggie
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Quote:

So, would [the Mets] actually pay Joe Girardi or Joe Maddon big money, particularly when Callaway has one year left on his contract at a reported salary of just over $1 million? Possibly. It's what they should do. But the name I reported on Twitter early Wednesday morning as a "name to watch" Carlos Beltrn is intriguing as well. Beltrn is bilingual, a strong communicator in both English and Spanish. He played for the Mets from 2005-11, interviewed for the Yankees' job that went to Aaron Boone in 2018. He also has connections to the Mets' front office. One Mets executive, Allard Baird, was Beltrn's GM with the Royals. Another, Omar Minaya, signed Beltrn as a free agent when he was Mets' GM. As for the differences Beltrn had with Mets ownership most notably, over his decision to undergo knee surgery in 2010 they probably would not deter him from pursuing the job.

Beltrn is polarizing to Mets fans, in part because of the called third strike he took from the Cardinals' Adam Wainwright in Game 7 of the 2006 World Series. But he also is a potential Hall of Famer who had some of his best years with the Mets, and is extremely savvy about the game. Remember when Red Sox manager Alex Cora said that Beltrn had helped the Yankees during the London Series in his role as special adviser? As a first-time manager, Beltrn would need an experienced bench coach. But it's hardly a reach to envision him calling shots in the dugout.

Am I having an off day? Don't they mean Carlos Beltran??
Teddy Perkins
AG
Yes, the accent over the a probably threw off the copy and paste.
expresswrittenconsent
Why would Beltran be controversial for mets fans because of the 2006 world series btwn cards/tigers?
Deluxe
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Hinch just said on Bases Loaded that Toro is probably not making the roster for the ALDS. Straw probably is since he can play infield and outfield. Only carrying 11 pitchers and 14 position players. Intimated that at the back end of the bullpen guys like Devo and Peacock may be on the outside looking in.
That makes sense. It seems likely that Diaz and Bregman would get all the reps at 3B/SS if Correa gets hurt again. And we have emergency options too, so no need to waste a roster spot on Toro. Sounds like Jake, Straw and Tucker will all be available and that's a good thing.
jkag89
Yep. You can not cut & paste special characters directly to TexAg but need to use HTML codes.

Result for straight cut & paste: Carlos Beltrn
Result with HTML code: Carlos Beltrán
bearkatag15
AG

The tally is up to $5.7M bet by Mattress Mack.
agdaddy04
AG
Interesting about Toro. Guess he'll be waiting in the wings.
Mathguy64
AG
Yankees left CC off their ALDS roster.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

couldn't tell you exact number of weeks, about a month and a half early though. one was 4 lb 10 ounces the other 4 lb 6 ounces??? something like that. In NICU for bout a month. In all reality they were "big" considering some of the other babies in there with us. Very blessed
Definitely, good for you. You better learn the number of weeks before your wife quizzes you on it some time.
bearkatag15
AG

Closed roof tomorrow... thankfully
Harry Dunne
Teddy Perkins said:

Semantics and I may be wrong, but I think the back end of the bullpen are the setup guys and closer.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Why would Beltran be controversial for mets fans because of the 2006 world series btwn cards/tigers?
yeah seriously, the Rockets hired Kevin McHale once. WHen i was a kid I wanted to kill that guy, but as a grownup he made a very convincing Coach/Frankenstein monster.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mr.Ackar07
Do y'all think Abreu has a case to have a spot on the roster? Very small sample size, but I liked his stuff against LAA.
PhatMack19
AG
Kuechel starting game 1 for the Braves
dshedd41
S
Looking for decent ticket price for tommorow's game, 1 ticket.......
Gig’em Aggies!
Ag13
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

With a 1pm game, tix will prob be $20 by gametime
Teddy Perkins
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Kuechel starting game 1 for the Braves
With a clean 1st inning - three ground ball outs.

http://bilasport.net/game/atlanta-braves-vs-st-louis-cardinals-19162.html
mwm
Can anyone tell me what time the rangerettes play tomorrow?
Deluxe
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Do y'all think Abreu has a case to have a spot on the roster? Very small sample size, but I liked his stuff against LAA.
I'm kinda mixed. I think he's definitely one of our 11 best pitchers right now. But I'm also not exactly sure what type of spot Hinch would trust him in.

To me, the biggest reason to include him on the ALDS roster is just to get him into a game or two (low leverage) so he's got a little bit of playoff traction before a potential ALCS/World Series birth... where we'll likely have to dig deeper into our pitching staff.
First Page Last Page
Page 1161 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.