***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,730,532 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by PSully97
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mwm said:

Can anyone tell me what time the rangerettes play tomorrow?
Last thing on my mind right now.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

mwm said:

Can anyone tell me what time the rangerettes play tomorrow?
Last thing on my mind right now.
Not even a thing in my mind.
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mwm said:

Can anyone tell me what time the rangerettes play tomorrow?
Since it is still a little warm in the afternoons, I expect early tee times for those who live in Texas during the off-season.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Do y'all think Abreu has a case to have a spot on the roster? Very small sample size, but I liked his stuff against LAA.
Yes.

Big 3 plus Urquidy
Osuna
Pressly
Harris
Smith
Peacock
James
Abreu

Sorry Devo, Rondon, Miley. Yall missed the boat.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Do y'all think Abreu has a case to have a spot on the roster? Very small sample size, but I liked his stuff against LAA.
Yes.

Big 3 plus Urquidy
Osuna
Pressly
Harris
Smith
Peacock
James
Abreu

Sorry Devo, Rondon, Miley. Yall missed the boat.
Based on Hinch's interview with Julia I think it's going to be Miley over Peacock.
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's the right move. He earned it.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Do y'all think Abreu has a case to have a spot on the roster? Very small sample size, but I liked his stuff against LAA.
Yes.

Big 3 plus Urquidy
Osuna
Pressly
Harris
Smith
Peacock
James
Abreu

Sorry Devo, Rondon, Miley. Yall missed the boat.
Based on Hinch's interview with Julia I think it's going to be Miley over Peacock.
Don't care about earning it or not. I want to win. Play the best.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cards pitcher just doubled off Keuchel
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Cards pitcher just doubled off Keuchel


It seems like he's locating well. Cards are facing him for the first time since 2016 so will be interesting to see how they do 2nd and 3rd time through the order.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After the double, walked a guy and then coaxed a grounder for a 5-3 double play.

Kind of surprised there isn't an NLDS thread
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Do y'all think Abreu has a case to have a spot on the roster? Very small sample size, but I liked his stuff against LAA.
Yes.

Big 3 plus Urquidy
Osuna
Pressly
Harris
Smith
Peacock
James
Abreu

Sorry Devo, Rondon, Miley. Yall missed the boat.
Based on Hinch's interview with Julia I think it's going to be Miley over Peacock.
Don't care about earning it or not. I want to win. Play the best.


Better prepare yourself.

Quote:

"The Rays have a little bit more of a balanced lineup," Hinch said on Wednesday, when the team's opponent was not known. "It feels like the middle of the order is a little bit more lefthanded We'll have to talk about the end of our depth of relievers when it comes to who we'd rather keep."

That description would seem to favor inclusion for Wade Miley, the only lefthander remaining on the Astros' roster. Miley had a 16.68 ERA during a miserable September swoon, opening the door for rookie Jose Urquidy as a likely fourth starter.

"I would be completely fine with anything to try to go out and help the team," Miley said Thursday. "I know everyone's made a big deal out of the last month. It was a pretty ugly month. It is what it is. It's baseball. But, at the same time, I think I can help this club."
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When was the last time Miley pitched? Sometimes, a little time off does more to correct issues than anything else.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

When was the last time Miley pitched? Sometimes, a little time off does more to correct issues than anything else.
Last game was a week ago on 9/26, 4 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 BB.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

redline248 said:

When was the last time Miley pitched? Sometimes, a little time off does more to correct issues than anything else.
Last game was a week ago on 9/26, 4 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 BB.


Baby step improvements from that no out exit a few starts prior

/silver lining
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like the lineup of death may make an appearance in game 2 against lefty Snell.

Quote:

Bregman, Jose Altuve, Yuli Gurriel and George Springer each have more than 10 plate appearances against Snell and are a combined 18-for-51 (.353) with five homers and four doubles against him. This matchup might be an opportunity for Kyle Tucker to crack the lineup over Josh Reddick. The Astros played Tucker often against left-handers in September.

Quote:

"We're built on pitching and preventing runs," Rays manager Kevin Cash said. "For us to win games over the next five, six days, we're going to have to continue to find a way to do that. It becomes more challenging the deeper you get, and I think anybody could make the argument that this lineup is as thick and deep as any team that's in the postseason right now.

"But I don't think we can pull away from our strengths, and that's pitching the way we do, we really try to attack hitters to the pitcher's strengths. We're not going to worry about what the hitters do well. Bet on ourselves."
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We know Chirinos won't play in game 2. He required for LOD?
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

We know Chirinos won't play in game 2. He required for LOD?


With how well cole and machete are working together absolutely not
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man surprised the pulled Kuechel. It is the nl i guess. Home of the quick hook
cablinaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Man surprised the pulled Kuechel. It is the nl i guess. Home of the quick hook


There was zero solid contact in that inning and he only had 74 pitches. I wonder if it's the deep counts last inning that got Snitker worried.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vote for Bregman for the AL Hank Aaron Award
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bingo.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ted game 2?

https://theathletic.com/1265391/2019/10/03/in-rays-pitching-staff-the-juggernaut-astros-lineup-faces-its-stiffest-challenge-yet/
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lots of over-managing in the playoffs nowadays.

every game is treated like it's game 7 by most managers.

seems like the trend started in the 2016 Cubs-Indians world series (or went to the next level)
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My Braves fan buddy expressed concern over trusting their bullpen for more than 3 innings. One would think the manager knows his team, and that the bullpen is shaky, but I guess he felt Keuchel was unraveling.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Braves have already burned 3 pinch-hitters and their only in the 6th.
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Acuna watching it. Off the wall single.
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still hate Walt Wiess
TMACsDaMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
who is hated more...Walt Weiss or Jim Leyritz?
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Weiss. That play he made from behind the mound in close still pisses me off. Broke our backs.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Braves are about to be in a bad place and run out of relievers.
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hosed him to end the top of 8

3-3 headed to the bottom of 8
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm really glad the D-Backs thought Dansby was better. He hasn't done much in the league
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PhatMack19 said:

I'm really glad the D-Backs thought Dansby was better. He hasn't done much in the league


I was of those people who thought he was better too. Lolololol
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Braves manager got what he deserved. Should have let Keuchel continue