***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,774 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yankees (8-10) missed a chance to reach .500 today vs. the Royals.

going to be a while before the Red Sox (6-13) get to .500
iBrad
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I really think giving up the draft pick is the main deterrent to all other teams right now. It's not just the money, it's the money plus however much they value that pick at.

The draft pick is inconsequential to Keuchel, he just wants the money. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone sign him immediately after the draft for a higher number than expected but without giving up the pick.

https://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20121222-what-is-the-value-of-a-draft-pick-in-major-league-baseball.ece

Good article, a little bit old but addresses the topic well.

Quote:

For that reason, even a second-round draft pick usually will be too steep a price to pay for all but the most elite free agents, or those who could represent the last piece of the puzzle for a World-series contending team -- unless that player can be had for less than the acquiring team believes he is worth.

It's funny how giving up that draft pick is a deterrent when teams give up more for half year rentals every season.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Sure enough like clockwork...

One of them is still adamant Odor is gonna finish his career as a top 10-15 all-time 2nd baseman.
I agree.

Kinsler, Julio Franco, Bump Wills, Alfonso Soriano, Mark McLemore...Michael Young & Toby Harrah were more SS but played a lot of second - those are the top guys and I don't think he will get there...but Odor is right there in that next group.

No reason Odor can't be a top 15 all-time Rangers 2b if he stays healthy...maybe top 10 even!
Harry Dunne
I guess that's the whole "last piece of the puzzle" bit. Teams give up a lot at the deadline if they think they have a chance to win a ring and are trading for a guy having a great season. I'd hate to be a GM that gives up a high pick and a bunch of cash for 2/3 of a year of Keuchel who could very well:

A. Break down
B. Not make enough of a difference to be the missing piece, or
C. Through no fault of his own end up on a team that misses the playoffs
shano0603
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

One of them is still adamant Odor is gonna finish his career as a top 10-15 all-time 2nd baseman.
I agree.

Kinsler, Julio Franco, Bump Wills, Alfonso Soriano, Mark McLemore...Michael Young & Toby Harrah were more SS but played a lot of second - those are the top guys and I don't think he will get there...but Odor is right there in that next group.

No reason Odor can't be a top 15 all-time Rangers 2b if he stays healthy...maybe top 10 even!
He's like a Jeff Keppinger
tjack16
AG
See y'all in Arlington tonight
mazag08
AG
shano0603 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

I agree.

Link to the article of Keppingers brother of the same name diddling dudes in the locker room?
Deluxe
AG
Gio Gonzalez reportedly leaving Scott Boras. What an idiot. I guess he doesn't want a 5 year, $180 million deal next offseason.

agsquirrel97
AG
Going into Arlington we are 1-2 in the 2019 battle for the Silver Boot and we are 1.5 games back from the Rays for the League lead.

Better bring the bats!!!

Eso si, Que es
agsquirrel97 said:

Going into Arlington we are 1-2 in the 2019 battle for the Silver Boot and we are 1.5 games back from the Rays for the League lead.

Better bring the bats!!!

I'm not saying that certain things happened on 4/12 and 4/16 because you posted this gif.

But I am saying that certain things happened on 4/12 and 4/16 when you posted this gif.

<AreUaWizard.gif>
MAROON
AG
wow - just took a look at Kyle Tucker's stats at Round Rock. Talk about not raking. Hope this is just a blip.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t102&player_id=663656#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
. . .
Ag_07
AG
No reason we can't start another streak tonight.
Harry Dunne
MAROON said:

wow - just took a look at Kyle Tucker's stats at Round Rock. Talk about not raking. Hope this is just a blip.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t102&player_id=663656#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL
Cue the advanced stats "actually he IS raking" crew.
Harry Dunne
shano0603 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

I agree.

Peak Keppinger > Peak Odor
Deluxe
AG
Harry Dunne said:

MAROON said:

Cue the advanced stats "actually he IS raking" crew.

Very astute of you. His fRAKE+ is still strong because he's a former top 5 pick and the ball has a loud crack coming off his bat. He also has a brother in the big leagues and shares a name with the Kansas Jayhawks' punter in 2007, who was very athletic despite being a punter. Goes to show that some punters are more athletic than you think.

Is it game time yet? This one game losing streak has been wearing on me.
W
AG
need Correa to get going again. Been very quiet the last week
mwm
Time to make amends & kick some buttocks.
Kashchei
AG
Diaz should DH instead of Tubby
JABQ04
AG
Nice lead off double for George. Let's put it to these clowns
Kashchei
AG
TUUUUUUUVE!
JABQ04
AG
And Altuve with a two run blast!
Bonfired
AG
Lots and lots of Altuves...smashed that one.
Bregxit
AG
ALTUVE!!!
mwm
'tuve!
W
AG
Smyly throwing BP out there.

leadoff double, then Altuve HR
Mathguy64
AG
Well that's how you celebrate a 2 run HR
cap-n-jack
Boom!
W
AG
and more BP to AB!
Bonfired
AG
Instant Bregxit!
mwm
'bregs!
JABQ04
AG
So I was typing as Altuve hit his homer, but what does the sliding oven mitt do exactly? Seems like still able to jam your fingers in it?

And Bregman blasts a solo shot. Back to back jacks.
Bregxit
AG
Breggy!
tremble
AG
Lmao. Guy isn't going to make it out of the inning
W
AG
well, that 11+ ERA was legit
First Page Last Page
Page 108 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.