Spring Training - need tips

881 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sjag05
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On a whim I checked flights from Houston to Ft. Lauderdale and saw I could get roundtrip for about $170, so now I'm going to Spring Training!

I'll be there Tuesday the 6th - Saturday the 10th. Astros will be in action Wednesday afternoon and Friday night, so I'll squeeze in some golf on Thursday.

Anybody else going to be there those dates? Any tips? This will be my first time and I'll likely be there alone unless one of my friends wants to meet me down there.
The Milkman
AG
Is it better to stay in Palm Beach area or Ft Lauderdale area? I will have a rental car I think
chico
AG
They share the facility with Wash Nationals so on the day the Astros don't play - you might have a 'home' game with Washington. Check the web for schedule as you might want to attend that game. Choose tickets in the shade (under the top awning) if you can.

It's also a good idea to take some time & walk around the place. There are lots of practice fields throughout for both the Astros & Nationals. You'll see both major leaguers & minor leaguers on various fields playing games, doing drills etc. & walking between the fields - this is all separate from the main ballpark. You'll be able to walk pretty much everywhere.

The games move pretty fast, limited down time between innings, no trips of the manager to the pitcher's mound. Lots of substitutions between innings. Overall a fun experience.
sjag05
Milkman would love to meet up with a fellow Ag, but we get there the same day you are leaving. We are staying in Palm Beach and headed to the games Wednesday (14th) and Thursday the (15th.). Let me know if you run across any great places to eat or cool places to check out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.