***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,337 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

So many things happened in that game that we haven't discussed in detail yet:

1) the guy jumping in our bullpen
2) Devo pegging the ump behind 2nd base
3) correas bat launch. Wasn't a flip, he launched that *****
4) how it was puigs weird ass that struck out to end it

Probably others too.

The Dodgers CF hat bill saving 1, if not 2 runs!
irish pete ag06
AG
This makes me like Puig. I know it's easy to hate him when he plays against you, but he's fun to watch.

irish pete ag06
AG

Blue star for Correa adding the tongue.
Mr.Ackar07
tjholley17 said:

In recent memory, that was a top 3 world series game of all time.
I still think it is behind Game 6 2011, and last year's game 7

It's so great being on the winning end of one of the classics!
I think Game 7 of the 2001 series is an all-time top 3

I still vividly remember Gonzo going up the middle against Mariano and Craig Counsel becoming the first player ever to score the series winning run in a World Series twice.
gambochaman
AG
gracyanne barbosa

her samba dancing videos are....well...just look em up

among other things
Wabs
AG
Classy statement by Puig. Am I starting to like that guy???
bobinator
AG
I don't not like Puig, he's just a super weirdo
tjack16
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

tjholley17 said:

In recent memory, that was a top 3 world series game of all time.
I still think it is behind Game 6 2011, and last year's game 7

It's so great being on the winning end of one of the classics!
I think Game 7 of the 2001 series is an all-time top 3

I still vividly remember Gonzo going up the middle against Mariano and Craig Counsel becoming the first player ever to score the series winning run in a World Series twice.

I'm showing my youth a bit here... but the first World Series I can vividly remember was the Marlins/Yankees.
I've seen highlights of the Arizona win, but I was only 7 when that happened.
Ag12thman
AG
Man I'm tired, but it was so worth it. Can't wait for tomorrow night.
irish pete ag06
AG

I noticed it last night, but just wanted to point out Marwin's chokeup on that homer.
TexAg1987
With their pitch by committee strategy, It has to be to our advantage to see every one of their relievers in each game, right?
cone
AG
strong
aTm2004
AG
jr15aggie said:

I'm always curious what the other team's fans are thinking. I only get to see the good/bad/ugly on my side.

Thinking about this game and how we beat them...I think they are scared ****less as we head to Houston!
It's LA...

ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
willie wonka said:

Guess you're going to have to go see them in person.
Out of work presently ... so if I bought tickets to any of these games my wife would likely remove certain parts of my anatomy ...
ClickClack
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

I noticed it last night, but just wanted to point out Marwin's chokeup on that homer.

Thought he looked choked up on replay. Crazy he got that out.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I'd just like to say that the over the top, bush league, 5 minute first pitch, is exactly what Vin Scully and the Dodgers deserve.
astros4545
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Both him and george were playing team baseball and were rewarded

Springer was completely selling out to move Maybin over to third base in 11th inning, and boy did he ever
byfLuger41
AG
gambochaman said:

gracyanne barbosa

her samba dancing videos are....well...just look em up

among other things

You know by now (Soccer board) that I like'em round and brown.

Push notifications were turned on for Gracyanne's insta long ago.

?1
diehard03
Quote:

This makes me like Puig. I know it's easy to hate him when he plays against you, but he's fun to watch.

I thought his stare down the running @ 2nd earlier in the game was awesome, as well as the "missed catch rolling into glove slam". I think it gets old if say, that ball stayed in and gave up an extra base to the runner by acting a fool.

That said,

Jansen 1, Astros 1.

Game 3 can't come fast enough.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Damn, props to him making a comment like that after losing an emotional, close game. I could only pray to have the composure and disposition to say something as complimentary as that given the timing.
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We seem to predict Springer to Dinger every game. Here is my prediction. He won't. He's not seeing the ball well. He's not making good contact. He hasn't hit Hill well in the past. Springer will have another rough night.
This post was 100% reverse jinx. I, obviously, could not say it at the time otherwise it would not have worked.
gambochaman
AG
smitty
Philip J Fry
AG
htxag09 said:

How about everyone who turned it off when we were down 3-1 quits watching? How tf do you turn off an Astros ws game?

I occasionally do that as a sacrifice to the baseball gods. On this case, "A Knights Tale"...one of the dumbest and worst movies made with Heath Ledger was on. I took one for the team and followed the score on game cast until the end of the 8th. Baseball gods rewarded me when it turned it back on in the 9th.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Last night was the greatest baseball game I have ever seen. It had everything.

I was a BB through a couple really awful years before I moved to College Station for school. To be honest, I lost interest after spending 12+ hours a day hundreds of times around an Astros team who generally speaking, couldn't care less about winning.

I think the MLB as a whole is a lot more intriguing now than than it was at that time. I grew up watching a league full of names like Biggio, Sosa, Jeter, Piazza, etc.. After a relative dead period, it looks to me like the league finally has its next great generation of stars, and the Astros are lucky enough to have a handful of them their roster.
astros4545
AG
Philip J Fry said:

htxag09 said:

How about everyone who turned it off when we were down 3-1 quits watching? How tf do you turn off an Astros ws game?

I occasionally do that as a sacrifice to the baseball gods. On this case, "A Knights Tale"...one of the dumbest and worst movies made with Heath Ledger was on. I took one for the team and followed the score on game cast until the end of the 8th. Baseball gods rewarded me when it turned it back on in the 9th.

I have never heard of anyone who doesn't like A Knights Tale
Philip J Fry
AG
Terrible movie. Now DVRed for future use.
titanmaster_race
dlance said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

cone said:

K. Giles 2017 postseason

7.2 IP

10 H

7 ER

4 BB

3 HR

8.22 ERA

i'm sorry, but he's done

Everyone said the same about springer.

Yep. Giles is good for one inning of high leverage pitching. We've tried twice two squeeze two out of him and got burned twice. Six out saves are tough for closers.

This.

I hate that managers are trying to get 6 from their closer in high leverage games so often now. These guys didnt do that regularly in the season, and it blows up in your face.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
So there about 26 mini story lines from last night and I will spend the next 26 or so hours getting into every one of them.
NotGibbs
irish pete ag06 said:

I really don't care for Puig, but I'm glad to see this. It's not often that you find a guy who plays with the style that he does, and then doesn't throw a fit when someone on the other team does something similar
cone
AG
even though he gave up a bomb, you have to think Devo got a little confidence back

striking out Puig after 5 changeups in a row

that was a helluva effort by the dragon to get that last out
bearkatag15
AG
Dodger tears:

Quote:

This one was on McCarthy 70%, 20% on Roberts and 10% for whoever put McCarthy on the WS roster. He is total garbage and the dummies should have never signed him...especially to that big contract. Pathetic!
Quote:

I don't ever want to see McCarthy again
Quote:

B-mac should not be on this roster . Wish they picked Buehler instead of him . Terrible

But we lost his on one bad 0-2 pitch by Jensen
Quote:

Stupidest move of the postseason was including this washed up pitcher on the roster. Just idiotic. This extra inning game was exactly why I wanted Ryu.
Quote:

The umpires are finding new ways to help the Astros...lol
Quote:

I cringe every time he licks his bat...its obvious its for attention...its obnoxius and immature
Quote:

They're done if they lose Friday pal. Astros are an extremely good home team.
Quote:

Definitely. If they lose Friday, it's over. Even with a win Friday, if we don't win a second game in Houston, we are done (see last year's NLCS). And the way Houston hits the ball at home, I truly don't see us winning a single game there.
Quote:

I'm hoping and praying Roberts' awful managing tonight doesn't cost us a WS title. I'm so down right now.
Quote:

That umpire was terrible.
Quote:

The Houston pitcher for Friday has an era of 4.25, I guess we have pretty good chances to win that game

I'm confident too, no way krapy McCullers beat Darvish
LOL
Quote:

IF mcCullers has his good curve ball it will be a long night for the hitters. Thing is he is jeckle and Hyde with that thing
Quote:

hang this loss on Roberts. Stupid pulling Hill after 4. Hope Dodgers an recover and win this series.
Quote:

The team with the better bullpen won this game, and it's not like the Astros bullpen is very good.

Paying a guy 85 million bucks to throw 91 mph to Marvin Gonzalez in the World Series and it fails. Get a Chapman or Kimbrel and at least you can probably get that guy out.

Quote:

Yeah, I agree, if we don't win game 3, we're screwed. I don't have much confidence in Wood against their lineup on the road.

Quote:

This choke job pretty much means IF we are fortunate enough to get the series back to LA, we will have to win both games 6 and 7. That would be extremely tough.

Quote:

No way we win 2 in Houston. They play lights out in Houston. Best case we somehow win one game their, but then we will just come back home and lose it. So doesn't matter. Same ol' Dodgers going on 30 years now...
Quote:

At least we get a free taco...
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Terrible movie. Now DVRed for future use.

You could have picked so many other movies to complete that analogy. 10 Things I Hate About You, The Brothers Grimm, Brokeback Mountain would all have been appropriate choices. A Knight's Tale was the incorrect pick.
irish pete ag06
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Damn, props to him making a comment like that after losing an emotional, close game. I could only pray to have the composure and disposition to say something as complimentary as that given the timing.
I agree. I, for one, love the Latin American style passion and emotion that is in the game. I loved Joc Pederson acting a fool running the bases after his homer (sure it pissed me off because it was bad for the Astros), but what I'm saying is that all the passion and emotion and bat flips and glove throwing and bat licking is good for the game (well maybe not bat licking). All that stuff adds to the entertainment value whether we are loving Correa doing it or hating Puig doing it.

For Puig to understand that and basically reflect that in his comments, makes me appreciate his style even a little bit more.

(Secretly, when Puig was being benched and stuff last year I was hoping the Astros would trade for him and "buy low" on him.)
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
i'm seeing Astros +115 for the series

which is crazy cuz they were 2:1 dogs in the series yesterday at this time and were the slightest of favorites to win last night
First Page Last Page
Page 1343 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.