Lebron in this year's playoffs

18,586 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Seven Costanza
C Loves L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Age 33 with lots of milage

29 points (game 4 sweep)
38 points (game 3) buzzer beater ftw
43 points tonight (game 2 vs Raptors)
26 points with triple double (game 1)
46 points (game 7 vs Pacers)
22 points (game 6)
44 points and buzzer beater 3pointer (game 5)
32 points (game 4)
28 points (game 3)
46 points (game 2)
24 points with triple double (game 1)

His best post season ever? He seems more driven now than ever before. Should be interesting to see what happens throughout the rest of the playoffs
bayouaggie
AG
He's the MVP every year he is in the league. This Cavs roster couldn't win 20 games without LeBron. Hope he makes the finals again.
Seven Costanza
AG
It's incredible what he is doing in Year 15 with all those miles on him. It will be interesting to see how long he can keep this up and if he declines slowly or ultimately gets tripped up with a torn achilles/ACL. His athleticism doesn't appear to have declined to any degree at this point.
C Loves L
He supposedly spends over a million dollars a year on his body. I agree that he's the MVP every year. It will be odd to see him decline after him being so dominate for as long as he has been
Enzo The Baker
AG
I think LeBron is ending the 'Who's more clutch, Lebron or Kobe' debate in these playoffs. It's not even close.
claym711
AG
Hope he can go for another 5 years. I'd like to see him win a couple more rings and really make the MJ argument interesting.
sincereag
It will be interesting to see where he ends up next year. If somehow the Cavs win the Campionship this year I don't see how he could leave Cleveland.
Ag12thman
AG
I think he'll finish the best ever when he's done. And this is coming from someone who grew up loving and following every single game MJ played. MJ has more rings and I'm one of those that still say he's not reached MJ heights yet. But with each passing year LeBron wows me more and more. I think, if he plays long enough, he'll be regarded as the best to ever play the game. In many people's minds he already is, I bet.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
claym711 said:

Hope he can go for another 5 years. I'd like to see him win a couple more rings and really make the MJ argument interesting.

It's already interesting.
flashplayer
AG
A couple more rings and the argument is way past over. Hell, I think it already is. Lebron is a freak.
BMX Bandit
MJ still on top. But If Cavs win this year, hard to argue against LeBron
BBQ4Me
AG
You can't judge a player by the number of rings they have as it's a team sport. For example, Barkley was far superior to Horry.

IMO - LeBron is as good, if not better than Jordan
PatAg
AG
Lebron's problem is playing like a little ***** too often.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Explain.
biobioprof
I don't watch but per twitter this was made but not aired for last night

Cappo
AG
Loved MJ but LeBron is the GoaT imo
HotardAg07
AG
MJ is still the GOAT, there's a little recency bias at play with Lebron's case. That being said, Lebron is still in the middle of his peak. If he plays 5-10 more years at something approaching this level, it will be hard to deny him.
500,000ags
AG
It's going to be an odd day when LBJ starts to decline. He is built like a superhero.

This post-season, LeBron is going to realize the love he could get from NBA fans if he wouldn't make it a priority to team up with superstars.
nomadic_ag
Iowaggie
AG
500,000ags said:

It's going to be an odd day when LBJ starts to decline. He is built like a superhero.

This post-season, LeBron is going to realize the love he could get from NBA fans if he wouldn't make it a priority to team up with superstars.

The Warriors have made an impact on LeBron's legacy.

On one hand, they may be the most dominant assembly of superstars far superior to anything other NBA greats had to go through which has and will keep LeBron's championship total lower. However, it has given this superior player an underdog status that makes many want to cheer him on and makes any championship a well earned feat.
500,000ags
AG
Iowaggie said:

500,000ags said:

The Warriors have made an impact on LeBron's legacy.

On one hand, they may be the most dominant assembly of superstars far superior to anything other NBA greats had to go through which has and will keep LeBron's championship total lower. However, it has given this superior player an underdog status that makes many want to cheer him on and makes any championship a well earned feat.
Completely agree.
C Loves L
Updated
Frok
AG
One can dream right?

BBQ4Me
AG
LeBron's PER in this year's playoffs is 35.43. For comparison, Jordan's best season (87-88) was 31.89
Mike Elko
AG
Frok said:

One can dream right?

Boo this man!
Post removed:
by user
claym711
AG
Jordan's best playoff PER through the finals was a 32. Lebron's best playoff PER through finals was a 31. He also trails Jordan in career PER.

If Lebron keeps this pace up through the finals and wins, he will have had the best playoffs probably ever.
Seven Costanza
AG
Bill Simmons has the "42 Club". You add up the points, rebounds, and assists averages during a playoff year with a minimum of 13 games. If you make it to 42, you had one of all-time great postseasons. Also, he throws out anything prior to 1977.

There are only two members of the "50 Club", Jordan in 1990 and LeBron in 2009. Jordan's highest was 50.7. LeBron did a 51.7 in 2009. This year he is currently at 52.7.
Mr.Bond
AG
Frok said:

One can dream right?

He can't wear Mr. Murphys number
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

wxguy95
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Frok said:

One can dream right?

I bet he would allow it.
He can't wear Mr. Murphys number
C Loves L
44 points in Game 4 of e Eastern conference finals
94chem
Frok said:

One can dream right?

Beard would turn gray just watching Harden dribble.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Jordan has 6 Finals MVP's and he won DPOY the same year he was MVP. LeBron (and Kobe) have never won DPOY in any year.
Seven Costanza
AG
(Stolen from NBA Reddit):

LeBron led his team in points, rebounds, and assists last night for the 62nd time in the playoffs. The next closest are Duncan and Bird with 21.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.