Lebron in this year's playoffs

19,830 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Seven Costanza
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I do not believe that I have insulted or intentionally misrepresented anyone's argument on this thread.

[Remainder deleted as promised, hopefully you saw it.]
claym711
AG
Lebron debates get serious.

Honestly though, Jordan>Lebron
ATM9000
AG
claym711 said:

Quote:

Lol look at 93-95... now you are just vomiting drivel for your argument.

Pippen's PER in 93-94 and 94-95 is only slightly higher than while playing with Jordan. Once Jordan is gone and Pippen goes to Houston and then Portland, he immediately falls off a cliff.

I'm so confused at this ridiculousness. Pippen was like 33 in 98 when he joined Houston... players numbers tend to fall off in the mid to late 30's.

He lead 93-94 Bulls to like 55 wins... starters beyond him? That murderers row of old Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong and some dude named Pete Meyers.

I don't care what Pippen's PER is... 55 wins with that starting lineup indicates Pippeb was really really good.

I don't even advocate Lebron as the best player over Jordan... but your arguments are ridiculous.
claym711
AG
Great argument. Remind me, did Wade win a championship before Lebron? Did pippen win one before Jordan?
Ulrich
claym711 said:

Great argument. Remind me, did Wade win a championship before Lebron? Did pippen win one before Jordan?

Wade won with Shaq, who had already led a team to three titles. Pippen's rookie year was with the Jordan bulls.
claym711
AG
So the answers were yes and no? Ok. So Wade can win a championship without Lebron. Pippen cannon win one without Jordan. Got it. Oh and by the way, Shaq was...you guessed it - 33 when Wade won the championship for the heat.

Can we get past the fact that Lebron's teammates are HOF caliber? Jordan's were as well. The entire point was the IF and BUT train for Lebron has no merit.
BBQ4Me
AG
Continuing the best post season ever...
Seven Costanza
AG
James has had 8 Finals outcomes. I don't believe anyone thinks he should have been in the Finals in any of his other seasons.

2007: Loss. I don't think anyone would have expected him to win with that team.

2011: Loss. Had a superior team and lost.

2012: Win. Beat a team with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. Did he have the better teammates?

2013: Win. Beat Duncan, Kawhi, Parker, Ginobili. Still probably had the superior team.

2014: Loss. Probably should have won, but San Antonio was really good.

2015: Loss. He had an inferior team no matter how you rate Love and Irving.

2016: Same teams, except he won.

2017: Loss. The best team in the league added the second best player. Not expected to win in any way.

Replace James with Jordan. How do those outcomes change? At best, it's at 5 championships instead of 3. More likely 4, though.
Dan Scott
AG
In 2015 he lost but that was without Love and Irving. They were injured.
HossAg
AG
claym711 said:

So the answers were yes and no? Ok. So Wade can win a championship without Lebron. Pippen cannon win one without Jordan. Got it. Oh and by the way, Shaq was...you guessed it - 33 when Wade won the championship for the heat.

Can we get past the fact that Lebron's teammates are HOF caliber? Jordan's were as well. The entire point was the IF and BUT train for Lebron has no merit.

What an absolutely moronic line of argument by someone who obviously hasn't paid attention to the sport in years and loves complaining about "millennials" and whatnot.
Seven Costanza
AG
You are correct. Even more reason why "he played with two HoF's" argument doesn't work. One year they didn't even play. One year they won. And one year they lost to the best team ever.
Ryan34
AG
claym711 said:

So your argument is that Wade can win a championship with another all time great? And "Pippen cannot win one" without an all time great besides Jordan?
tmaggie50
AG
Lebron has had Kevin Love for 1 finals series since hes been on the team, and that is the 2017 playoffs.

2015 - Love was injured and missed all but 3.5 games of the playoffs.

2016 - Love missed half of game 2, all of game 3, and in theory, the entire series. This was the classic sit or start debate because Love was so ****ing pathetic. Heres his game by game for that series
G1: 17pts 13rbs
G2: 5pts 3rbs - played 20 min
G3 - missed with headache
G4 - 11pts 5rbs
G5 - 2pts 3rbs
G6 - 7pts 3rbs - played 11 minutes
G7 - 9pts 14rbs
Lebron James wins in a heavily overmatched series.

2017 - Love actually plays a series
HossAg
AG
Hey Clay, LeBron's teammates sure were spectacular tonight huh?
Olsen
AG
The only NBA player in history to score over 50 points in an NBA Finals game and still lost.

tmaggie50
AG
Lebrons superstar teammate Kevin Love once again had an incredible playoff performance going 1-8 from downtown with the vast majority being open looks.
Bones08
AG
Does PER account for players not knowing the score with 5 seconds left in regulation?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

But LeBron's teammates are all going to the Hall of Fame or are franchise players though...
Bones08
AG
This year seriously is LeBron's best work. Without LeBron this team wins...25 games?
HossAg
AG
That might be a little generous.
claym711
AG
Adding one more car to the Lebron excuse train I see. Lots of passengers.
Enzo The Baker
AG
LeBron
tmaggie50
AG
claym711 said:

Hot sports take!
ATM9000
AG
claym711 said:

Can staff just change your username to Skip Bayless already?
PacifistAg
AG
claym711 said:

Excuses? He went 51-8-8 last night. There's nothing else the guy can do. Do you not agree that his teammates were pretty lousy last night, including a player getting a rebound right at the basket with 4 seconds left and dribbling to half court because he didn't know the score? Do you not agree that the officiating was abysmal?

That loss is in no way on him, at all.
claym711
AG
In the engine room, tmaggie is tootin' the horn while sideshow bob furiously shovels coal. Big Z is checking tickets. Bosh smiling ear to ear and waving from the window of the first car. Wade is showing off his replacement knees to a now invertebrate Miller. Delly is practicing his golf swing in the aisle. Lue and Love are in the infirmary, and Kryie was last seen jumping the tracks. Meanwhile, back in the caboose, Curry is cooking up a tasty meal, TP and Manu are working the bar, Timmy's hittin the bong, and Dirk is shotgunning beers with JR.

MJ waving from the platform as the Lebron excuse train leaves him behind.
PacifistAg
AG
You keep talking about some "excuse train". What excuses are you referring to? I'd be curious as to how you'd answer the below questions.

Do you think the officiating was horrible last night, especially in the last couple minutes of regulation?
Do you think his teammates played poorly last night?
Gigem Trevas
He's having an all time post season with a historic game last night and y'all still blame him.
CreedBratton
claym711 said:

In the engine room, tmaggie is tootin' the horn while sideshow bob furiously shovels coal. Big Z is checking tickets. Bosh smiling ear to ear and waving from the window of the first car. Wade is showing off his replacement knees to a now invertebrate Miller. Delly is practicing his golf swing in the aisle. Lue and Love are in the infirmary, and Kryie was last seen jumping the tracks. Meanwhile, back in the caboose, Curry is cooking up a tasty meal, TP and Manu are working the bar, Timmy's hittin the bong, and Dirk is shotgunning beers with JR.

MJ waving from the platform as the Lebron excuse train leaves him behind.

Such a stupid ****ing post, even for TexAgs.
jtstanley4621
AG
We live in a weird sports world. Mainly, one where JR Smith can get a rebound and dribble to half court and some people will immediately go "WOW LOL LEBRON REALLY SCREWED UP THIS GAME HUH"
claym711
AG
Surely now he's the GOAT
rambo_99
This lebron apology tour by ESPN is going to make Hillary blush.

HossAg
AG
Such ignorance
Pumpkinhead
AG
claym711 said:

Surely now he's the GOAT
Confident that whiteboard would have lost if Jordan had punched it.

bigcat22
AG
This tweet sums up my opinion of the MJ/Lebron debate. While Lebron is one of the most physically gifted athletes to ever walk the earth, MJ just had that insane "killer instinct" that few athletes have ever had

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.