****Official 2018 Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread****

48,546 Views | 583 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by True Anomaly
Street_Cred_Norm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm seriously about to renounce my Mavs fandom for good. Cuban is a disgrace .

https://m.facebook.com/steve.eagar.7/photos/a.133223880183949.1073741825.123019291204408/1019951871511141/?type=3
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
M.C. Swag
AG
We hardly knew ye. Don't let the door hit ya.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Cubes may be starting to regret the knee-jerk hire he made for sexual harrassment damage control. I commend the lady for going as far as she has in life under the circumstances she grew up with, but other than needing a cleanup crew for the complete harrassment mess that Cuban allowed to go on, it seems like a really weird fit.
PatAg
AG
It would be a lot easier to believe the police in a situation like this, if they would actually call out the real bad cop shootings instead.They aren't all defensible.
It's stupid to equate a that with what happened to the Dallas Police in that parade, and I don't blame them for refusing to participate.

Don't get how any of this would keep you from being a mavs fan.
Guitarsoup
AG

Quote:

It would be a lot easier to believe the police in a situation like this, if they would actually call out the real bad cop shootings instead.They aren't all defensible.
Lots of cops call out bad shootings. The cops I know REALLY hate the bad cops because the small percentage of bad cops makes life more difficult (and dangerous) for the rest of them.
True Anomaly
AG
I feel like an inappropriate comparison to spousal abuse might work here...

Guitarsoup
AG
Wonder who the Mavs will trade Harris for this time.
PatAg
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Quote:

Lots of cops call out bad shootings. The cops I know REALLY hate the bad cops because the small percentage of bad cops makes life more difficult (and dangerous) for the rest of them.

Sorry, I meant the public face of the dept calling them out. Not meaning to derail
True Anomaly
AG
Fascinating mini-doc on players that come from the former Yugoslavia states- it focuses on both Luka Doncic just before the draft, and Dzanan Musa who was drafted by the Nets. Has interviews with other former Slavic NBA players

https://www.mavs.com/nba-on-tnt-piece-on-luka-doncic-and-dzanan-musa-explores-hoops-culture-in-former-yugoslavia/
fightinags2013
AG
The Locked on Mavs Podcast is doing "What If" week. It's been fun to listen to and I figured some of you hardcore fans might enjoy.

Example: What if they had won in '06?
What if they had drafted Giannis?
What if they had lost in 2011?
CoppellAg93
AG
Heard on the radio earlier that there will be a major announcement by the NBA around 1:15pm today concerning "severe" penalties against the Dallas Mavericks organization stemming from the investigation on the sexual harrassment issues.

Draft Picks lost ? Suspension of Cuban ? Should be interesting.
Ags #1
AG
looks like he owes 10 million. Doesn't seem to serious
True Anomaly
AG
Media day today! Training camp opens tomorrow

First preseason game next Saturday!
mavsfan4ever
AG
I bought my season package a few weeks ago. Had to go with the ten game package so that I would have playoff priority. Doubt that comes into play, but I'm an optimist when it comes to Mavs.

And the package was the only way to get tix to the last game, which may be dirk's last. Somehow they were all sold out even though I logged on right when they went on sale.
True Anomaly
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I bought my season package a few weeks ago. Had to go with the ten game package so that I would have playoff priority. Doubt that comes into play, but I'm an optimist when it comes to Mavs.

And the package was the only way to get tix to the last game, which may be dirk's last. Somehow they were all sold out even though I logged on right when they went on sale.

Welcome to the club! It's gonna be a fun season
True Anomaly
AG
First preseason game tonight! Luka's first NBA game. Don't care that it's preseason against a team from Beijing, it's still refreshing to see basketball back!

True Anomaly
AG
Get hype. This team is gonna be FUN to watch this year

PooDoo
AG
Seven Costanza
AG
The Mavs hired Haralobos Voulgaris this week. For those unaware, he made a lot of money gambling on the NBA several years ago and has since been a frequent guest on Bill Simmons' podcast along with being a Twitter personality. He is a very opinionated and has plenty of "hot takes" about players/coaches/schemes. I could see this possibly helping the Mavs, but I would have preferred to just keep him as a podcast guest.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Love the voulgaris hire.
True Anomaly
AG
I don't care that it's preseason- if you watch this and don't get excited about Doni, I don't know what else to say

PatAg
AG
I'm ready for this season to start.
94chem
PatAg said:

I'm ready for this season to start.

Positioned to rise in a few years when the Lakers, Rockets, and Warriors get old, or too soon to tell?
DANManman
AG
Don't be fooled by the score the Mavs starters dominated those of the Hornets, and that was with an off shooting night from DSJ.

This team might be ready to make some noise sooner than people think...as soon as they can get healthy. I'm worried about the bench as it currently stands. It's gonna be fun either way, though!
True Anomaly
AG
From last night. I'm so in love

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.