NBA & Other Basketball MVP Vote

16,016 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Iowaggie
flashplayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You could've given it to 4 players that legitimately deserve it. Quit complaining.
Gigem Trevas
Did y'all honestly think Harden would win it over Westbrook?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Seriously. It's almost July and y'all are still outraged/shocked?
Guitarsoup
AG
In twenty years there are only going to be two stories about 2017 that anyone remembers or cares about.

1. Durant joined the 73 win warriors and they steamrolled their way through the playoffs
2. Westbrook averaged a triple-double.

No one is going to care that Harden had a ton of assists on three point shots and had great numbers in DAntoni-ball. No one is going to care that LeBron had maybe his best statistical season. No one is going to care that Kawhi too his game up and was dominant on offense and defense.
mAgnoliAg
Forum Troll
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Did y'all honestly think Harden would win it over Westbrook?
Of course not. Still can complain about it.
Iowaggie
AG
Defensive team voting.

Honestly, whoever is voting for Lillard, Thomas, or Cody Zeller for Defensive teams should have their homer vote removed.
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Gigem Trevas
Russell Westbrook.
Ag12thman
AG
I really thought it was gonna be Harden, but didn't follow Westbrook much at all, but I'm sure he deserved it.
Gigem Trevas
Ag12thman said:

I really thought it was gonna be Harden, but didn't follow Westbrook much at all, but I'm sure he deserved it.

You serious?
Olsen
AG
Westbrook won MVP. Harden won Nicki Minaj. Looks like everyone is a winner tonight.
Guitarsoup
AG
Westbrook led the league in scoring while averaging 10.4 assists and 10.7 rebounds with 1.6 steals. Also led the league by PER by a wide margin.

He shattered the NBA record for BOX +/-. Before this year, three players had had a box+- of >12 and none broke 13. Those players were 73-win Curry, LeBron twice and Jordan twice. Russ was at 15.6.

HE broke the record for VORP in a season. Before this year, two players had had a VORP over 11. Jordan twice and LeBron. No one had broken 12. Russ was 12.4.

He had an incredible individual season. Hard to say any other player was as valuable to their team as he was. The playoffs were a perfect example. The Thunder outscored the Rockets when he was on the floor, but was destroyed when he was off and that was the difference in the series.
Pahdz
Proud of Brodie, much deserved
Enzo The Baker
AG
I really thought Quin Snyder deserved Coach of the Year, and he wasn't even in the top three. A first-year NBA head coach taking a team with countless injuries throughout the year to 51 wins and grabbing the 5th seed in the West was the most impressive coaching job IMO.
Pahdz
Enzo The Baker said:

I really thought Quin Snyder deserved Coach of the Year, and he wasn't even in the top three. A first-year NBA head coach taking a team with countless injuries throughout the year to 51 wins and grabbing the 5th seed in the West was the most impressive coaching job IMO.

Agreed
Guitarsoup
AG
tbirdspur2010
AG
Ag12thman said:

MVPs don't get blocked by AARP members.

Good Poster
AG
Snyder wasn't a first year coach
Enzo The Baker
AG
I hadn't realized he's been there for three years. I don't know why I thought it was his first year. I'd still vote for him regardless.
Good Poster
AG
Snyder is a fine coach. He has done a hell of a job in Utah. CotY is always a tough award to hand out because it's hard to compare some of the great jobs that these coaches have done in different situations in the league. If Snyder had won I'd have no problem with it at all.
Mike Elko
AG
Snyder was the Austin Toros coach for three years. Had a feeling he'd get a head coaching gig in NBA sooner or later.
Iowaggie
AG
Media vote for the MVP award.

I'm just not sure how I feel about a guy that doesn't put LeBron on his ballot, but instead puts DeMar and John Wall. Part of me thinks the guy is an idiot, but then I could respect the guy if those guys had played significantly more games and if they had won as many games. And that would be a no.

After researching this, I now wonder what the dude (J Michael Falgoust) was thinking--and I agreed with the order of his top 3--but he's probably thankful that he doesn't appear to be on twitter.

Here is the media vote for All Defense team. I'm not sure of who the guy is who voted Isiah Thomas on there, but Bill Simmons put on Austin Rivers

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.