Spurs Offseason Thread

48,548 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggieactor01
saltydog13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm glad the team was able to come back and win the Finals in 2014 so he could get the fifth ring. Not gonna be the same, but we're probably the luckiest sports fans getting someone like Timmy for his entire career.
Ag Natural
AG
Timmy's career accomplishments are mind boggling. I hope he decides to do some coaching so we can still see him out there.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What wine will Timmy be popping open?
AggieOO
quote:
What wine will Timmy be popping open? What weed will Timmy be sparking.
FIFY
Andy07
AG
The spurs thank you video choked me up a bit:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/07/08/1468012013218-td-thank-you-60-web-hashtag-finalmp4-640642
Guitarsoup
AG

• 5x NBA champion
  • 3x Finals MVP
  • 2 MVPs
  • 14th Scoring
  • 6th in Rebounds
  • 5th in Blocks
  • 6th in Playoff Points
  • 3rd in Playoff Rebounds (Most since the merger)
  • 1st in Playoff Blocks
  • 1st Finals Rebounds since 1980
  • 2nd in Finals Blocks
  • Most Finals Blocks in a single series
  • Most Finals Rebounds in a single series since 1980
  • 15x All-Star
  • 15x All-NBA
  • 14x All-Defense
  • 1158 Wins - most of any player with a single team
  • .710 Winning Percentage - most of any player in NBA, MLB, NFL or NHL
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've gotten close to getting emotional this morning about twice already.
phatpat21
I'm a freaking mess right now
Nearly 30 years old, I've watched him my whole life. The first athlete I truly watched and loved. Will be hard not seeing him on the floor again.
Thank you Timmy
saltydog13
AG

Also going to be in this mood all day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why would you post that?

FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Be a man, keep it together. That's the gayest gif I've ever seen, and I once saw a meatspin gif.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GFY
Diet Cokehead
AG
Diet Cokehead
AG
Diet Cokehead
AG
Diet Cokehead
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So many great seasons and memories, but I don't think anything can top winning the 2014 Finals for me.

Diet Cokehead
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes, this one is perfect.
jteagle
AG
I've been a Spurs fan and a sports fan since the 70s. Never has there ever been another athlete that I have actually cared about like Tim. He was/is the epitome of class. It is a bittersweet moment because I am sad but I can also look back and awesome memories. "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
Sports-Ag
AG
NBATV showing the 1999 championship game right now.

I remembered when Kobe retired they were showing some of his best games. They will probably be doing this for Tim as well. Also, a great chance to DVR some of the games.
Natasha Romanoff
As sad as I am, I realize that he gave all that he had, and as a fan, that is more than I could have ever asked for.

There will never be another Timmy Duncan.

Thanks, Tim.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
So many great seasons and memories, but I don't think anything can top winning the 2014 Finals for me.

2014 is the reason that, while I want to win every year, ultimately it's all icing on the cake for me.

2013 was as close to heartbroken as sports have made me. But I think it made 2014 all the sweeter.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

2014 is the reason that, while I want to win every year, ultimately it's all icing on the cake for me.

2013 was as close to heartbroken as sports have made me. But I think it made 2014 all the sweeter.
I think many of us agree. 2014 was indeed the icing on the cake. Nothing will ever be as heart breaking as the 2013 Finals game 6 and nothing will ever be as sweet as the redemption of 2014.

It was the culmination of TD's career...one that began by allowing Robinson go out on top, saw the big 3 dominate in the middle, and in 2014 was the awakening of Kawhi Leonard.
Diet Cokehead
AG
quote:
quote:

This. I WAS heartbroken after 2013. After 2014 happened, I promised myself I would be happy whatever happened in the future regarding the Spurs. While I would love another year, I'm happy he is going out how he wants.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Spurs officially sign Bryn Forbes, Davis Bertans, Dewayne Dedmon, Dejounte Murray, and Pau Gasol today.
West Texan
AG
quote:
Spurs officially sign Bryn Forbes, Davis Bertans, Dewayne Dedmon, Dejounte Murray, and Pau Gasol today.

With the obvious exception of Pau, lots of unproven players on this year's squad. Anderson and Simmons need to take big steps forward with the bench unit this year. They can't just be hidden out there, they're going to have to help make it go. I'm very excited for Bertans. Guy has all kinds of range, just hoping he can defend enough to stay on the floor.
Ulrich
I'm glad we still have Kawhi, Pop, and Aldridge, and I'm glad Manu is back to mentor all these rookie guards and small forwards.
mAgnoliAg
AG
$14 mil for manu
LawHall88
AG
One year deal - golden handshake.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
$14 mil for manu

He left so much money on the table over the years, this just doesn't bother me.
Guitarsoup
AG
That brings his total earnings in SA up to $125mm.
2008and1
AG
Good for Manu.
Ag Natural
AG
Word gets around the league that the Spurs take care of their own. Pop did the same for Avery his last year.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Word gets around the league that the Spurs take care of their own. Pop did the same for Avery his last year.
Want loyal players? Show loyalty to them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.