****Bundesliga 2021/22 Season Thread****

10,601 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by deadbq03
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really makes me believe the anti-American bias is still alive and well… he's had several diatribes where he openly questioned Marsch's lineup choices.
deadbq03
AG
FML. Congrats.
Legal Custodian
Legal Custodian
AG
On a really down match for Lewy, surprised that was the final score line.

That penalty was dumb, not sure what the thinking was there.
Good chances for both teams.
What a strike by Laimer
Love Musiala
Legal Custodian
Legal Custodian
AG
deadbq03 said:

Really makes me believe the anti-American bias is still alive and well… he's had several diatribes where he openly questioned Marsch's lineup choices.

Wasn't paying attention to the commentary. But the lineups for this week is always tough after a WCQ window with 3 matches in that window
Legal Custodian
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
wrong league
deadbq03
AG
This is not a catch-all thread for any non-EPL action.
Legal Custodian
AG
So is Jesse Marsch going to be sacked by next weekend?
Legal Custodian
deadbq03
AG
Hope they have cooler heads than that. It wasn't a very favorable schedule for him. Losses are to #1 at home, #2 road, #5 road, and a draw against #7 road. I can't say it for certain, but I doubt anyone else has played 4 games against teams currently sitting top 7.

And we were the better team in 2 of the 3 losses (vastly better in the case of Mainz), and were competitive against Bayern for most of the game. Koeln was probably a fair draw (they are fun to watch btw).

Hope they tap the brakes, but honestly if we don't win this weekend against Hertha at home my support will begin to wane.

I think the transfer drama really took a toll on team chemistry. The Sabitzer deal took forever to happen. Halstenberg had one foot out the door toward Dortmund but the deal fell through. Barca came for Olmo at the last minute but that fell through (but evidently he has agreed terms and they're going to push for a Jan transfer).

Marsch has a lot of work to do to get this train back on track, but the next few weeks are a lot more favorable.

Meanwhile it is scary AF how quickly Nagelsmann has figured out how to coach Bayern.
Legal Custodian
AG
Yeah, I hope they give him some time to figure it out. But Red Bull won't wait too long. I think he needs to get a win this weekend at all costs.

And yes, Bayern is playing much better than I thought they would this early in the season. It's still early, but we're looking real good and hopefully the injury bug doesn't bite us like it did last year. Don't think we would be able to survive it.
Legal Custodian
deadbq03
AG
Might not be do or die this weekend but a new theme this week on official RBL Twitter revolves around the "3 home games" we have in a row (between BL and CL).

I think Marsch absolutely has to come away with a lot of points from these very winnable games at home: (Hertha, Brugge, Bochum).
aggiewilliford
It looks like another good year for my lads of Bayern Munich.
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
deadbq03
AG
Marsch switching to a back 3 today and Leipzig are utterly rolling Hertha. 3-0 at halftime and the score could easily be higher.

Edit to avoid a self bump: 6-0 final. Announcers said it was perfection and it wouldn't have been a stretch to say Leipzig could've had a double-digit score. Really good result for Marsch.

Adams didn't play today… supposedly he's being held for the CL match against Brugge.
Legal Custodian
AG
What do I know about soccer?

I honestly thought we were going to struggle early this season. But we look better now more than at any time under Flick
deadbq03
AG
Nagelsmann is fantastic.

I think part of the reason for Leipzig's early struggles was just sheer disappointment from the players in having to play under someone else. Seems like they're buying into Marsch now.
akm91
AG
Wow, Bayern got destroyed by Gladbach in the Pokal today 5-0, even with a mostly 1st choice lineup.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Legal Custodian
AG
Yeah that was ugly. Right when I talk about how great we are.
deadbq03
Legal Custodian
AG
#FireNagellsman
#HireMarsch
deadbq03
AG
Can we trade and keep the money?
deadbq03
AG
Marsch gets a crucial win today against injury-riddled Dortmund. Nice chess match with Marco Rose, with both coaches changing formations to lead to a score.

Adams played really well today.
Legal Custodian
AG
Yeah huge win for y'all
BBRex
AG
YESSSS! FCA 2-1 Bayern!

That is a huge win for a club sitting near the bottom of the table!

Legal Custodian
deadbq03
AG
Team full of international starters vs. a team with dang near none, on the Friday after an international break. Couldn't draw up a better opportunity. Good for Augsburg…hope they can stay up this year.
deadbq03
AG
Horrible game for Leipzig. Could've been worse than the score line. Around the 75th min, the xG stats they displayed showed 2.9 - 0.2. Zero shots on goal. Hands down the worst game I've seen them play in a long time. Zero creativity in attack and getting bossed around in transition by Hoffenheim's press.

Adams started and played poorly with a mistake that led to goal.

On a positive note for USMNT- Chris Richards subbed on for Hoffenheim and played well. Nearly scored a header on a corner.
deadbq03
AG
Congrats to the Bayern fans on clinching their group today.

Hits keep coming for Leipzig… Jesse Marsch and team captain Peter Gulacsi just tested positive for Covid.
Legal Custodian
AG
F'ing robbery giving Messi the Balon D' Or over Lewandowski.
planoaggie123
AG
Legal Custodian said:

F'ing robbery giving Messi the Balon D' Or over Lewandowski.

Came to this board looking for discussion on this.

I honestly did not see much of Messi the past year but not sure how he legitimately beat out Lewandowski other than they are lazy and just vote for Messi or Ronaldo every year

akm91
AG
Messi got bonus points for winning Copa America this year.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
young eugene
AG
I hate that Lewandowski got snubbed. Should have won it last year too when it was "cancelled". Deserved it this year as well. And yet Messi has barely even shown for PSG this year and still somehow wins?
jeffk
AG
Thought it was great that Messi publicly said that Lewy should have gotten it last year too. BdO is a pretty broken award. Journalists vote on it and a ton of them aren't really paying much attention to the broader game each season.
Legal Custodian
AG
Der Klassiker in 35 minutes! Packmas!
Legal Custodian
AG
1-1 9' into the match. This is gonna be a fun one I think.
Legal Custodian
AG
2-1 at the break. Bayern definitely looks like the more dangerous team. But Haaland is always a threat. Should be a good 2nd half

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.