****Bundesliga 2021/22 Season Thread****

10,640 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by deadbq03
El Capitan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dortmund players whining about refs.
deadbq03
AG
Meanwhile…

Legal Custodian
AG
Damn, hate to hear that. Hopefully he'll catch on at another club somewhere else.

Nice win today though by RBL. Hopefully that'll get you guys back on track.
Legal Custodian
AG
Dortmund almost* pulled off an incredible comeback going into the final day. They were down three points to Sporting and were behind by 10 goals on differential. Dortmund won 5-0 and easily could have had more while Sporting lost to Ajax 4-2 with a late goal. Tied in points but lost in +/- by 3.
deadbq03
AG
The hits are gonna keep coming for Leipzig. I anticipate we'll lose at least 2 more starters in the Jan transfer window. I pity the next coach.

Bayern might end up being the only Bundesliga team in the CL. Wolfsburg can get in today with a win and a Salzburg loss.
planoaggie123
AG
What a strike by Sane...
jeffk
AG
It was a good shot, but it should have been parried away without too much fuss.
deadbq03
AG
Leipzig hire Domenico Tedesco to replace Marsch.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/domenico-tedesco-succeeds-jesse-marsch-as-new-rb-leipzig-head-coach-18147
BBRex
AG
FC Augsburg brings in Pepi from FC Dallas. This should be some good experience for him.

https://www.fcaugsburg.de/en/article/american-talent-ricardo-pepi-signs-for-fca-15065
deadbq03
AG
BBRex said:

FC Augsburg brings in Pepi from FC Dallas. This should be some good experience for him.

https://www.fcaugsburg.de/en/article/american-talent-ricardo-pepi-signs-for-fca-15065
If Augsburg follows Hamburg and Bremen, the only benefit might be the EU work permit.
Legal Custodian
AG
Red Bull has been looking a lot better since Marsch left. Anyone hear what's next for him?
deadbq03
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Red Bull has been looking a lot better since Marsch left. Anyone hear what's next for him?
He was rumored to have been considered for Monaco but I think that fell through.

I think he had a ton of bad luck, as well as what I would consider to be a really bad situation to enter given all the summer personnel changes… but he also tried to change tactics too much and too soon. Hopefully that's a lesson learned for him. I look forward to seeing where he lands.

As for Leipzig, I think they climb back to finish 3rd. Too deep of a hole to do better than that though.
deadbq03
AG
I'm probably gonna end up on the losing side of this one, but this Bayern-Leipzig match is fantastic.

Eta, yeah a loss, but man - so much end to end action. Great game and congrats Bayern fans.
EconAg18
AG
Gio Reyna hurt in his first match back..left the pitch in tears. Just absolutely brutal.
Legal Custodian
AG
EconAg18 said:

Gio Reyna hurt in his first match back..left the pitch in tears. Just absolutely brutal.

Terrible. Kid can't stay healthy. Hope he comes back strong and healthy. Hate it for him
Legal Custodian
AG
Bayern has been struggling in form lately. Was down 1-0 to Frth at half. Luckily they turned it on in the second half but damn it's not looking good. Our back line is terrible.
Legal Custodian
AG
Interesting promotion race going on Bundesliga 2. We could see a return to the top flight of two historical powers. Currently, Werder Bremen is leading the league with 42 points, while Schalke is in 5th place only 2 points back. It is quite packed at the top.

Also, Fortuna Dusseldorf is 1 point away from relegation.
deadbq03
AG
I think it'd be awesome if Hamburg and St. Pauli both get promoted.
Legal Custodian
AG
Looks like we have a race for the top. Only 4 points separate Bayern and Dortmund with one Der Klassiker left.

With the Form Bayern has had recently, I'm not confident we can pull it off. Plus we still have Champions league while Dortmund doesn't have anything besides Bundesliga to concentrate on.
deadbq03
AG
Might be a blessing in disguise for Dortmund that they aren't involved in UEFA competition anymore. They're gonna be fresh.

I'm hoping Leipzig can finally get some hardware in the Pokal. Things are certainly setup nicely with Bayern and Dortmund out of it already.
EconAg18
AG
Ryan Gravenberch to Bayern. Kid is a stud - very excited to have him soon.

deadbq03
AG
Bundesliga back to full capacity crowds and Dortmund-Leipzig about to start and the atmosphere in Signal Iduna is incredible.

Not surprisingly neither Adams nor Reyna are starting given the long trip. Adams not even suited out today.
EconAg18
AG
Double move for Gravenberch and Mazraoui, so that's two needs filled

Legal Custodian
AG
Adds to an already stacked midfield
deadbq03
AG
Just you wait… Leipzig is gonna get gobs of money from selling Nkunku and Olmo….

And then do nothing with it.
SpiderDude
AG
deadbq03 said:

Bundesliga back to full capacity crowds and Dortmund-Leipzig about to start and the atmosphere in Signal Iduna is incredible.

Not surprisingly neither Adams nor Reyna are starting given the long trip. Adams not even suited out today.

Aaaand Reyna's hurt. Again.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/borussia-dortmund/story/4636721/borussia-dortmunds-gio-reyna-leaves-field-in-tears-after-suffering-latest-injury
Legal Custodian
AG
After Bayern's exit to Villareal earlier this week, the twitter mob descended on Nagelsmann wanting him gone. Hating his back 3 line. I know Bayern fans are rabid (like any massive fanbase), but damn that was interesting to watch unfold.

My preseason prediction of Bayern startling slow and turning it around come December/January was way off. Got off to a fast start but our form has been subpar over the past month. I know the results in league play look okay since Jan1 (6-2-2) but watching the matches we just do not look in sync at all. Lewy has fallen off and Neuer is looking human. Chemistry does not look good right now at all. Muller seems to be the only one playing with any passion.

I think some big changes are in store during the summer. Especially on the wing and midfield.
deadbq03
AG
What's ironic about that is that Tedesco is succeeding at Leipzig using largely the same formula as Nagelsmann.

RBL's twitter even came out with this:

Hope Bayern give him time. I'd bet a coke that Bayern's chemistry problems have more to do with Brazzo than Nagelsmann.
EconAg18
AG
I think Brazzo ends up being the issue once both have left Bayern. We'd likely still have Flick if it weren't for Brazzo.
deadbq03
AG
Wild ending in Leipzig. I'm glad I didn't have a meeting and could watch live. Scared the crap outta my dog.

(PSA - Adams didn't play)
BBRex
AG
Augsburg with a solid win today as they try to keep above relegation. Cologne and Leipzig are the next two matches, so they aren't out of the woods yet.
deadbq03
AG
Thrilling finish in Stuttgart. I'm so glad ESPN+ automatically cut to it after my game ended.

I really like Matarazzo. Glad they stayed up.
deadbq03
AG
Legal Custodian
AG
We got Mane!
Legal Custodian
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.