****Bundesliga 2021/22 Season Thread****

10,626 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by deadbq03
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The blasphemy from your boss is music to my ears:

Legal Custodian
AG
I hope that doesn't happen. It definitely makes the Bundesliga unique and have a solid foundation. I'm hoping that is just internet rumor.
Legal Custodian
AG
More rumors that Bayern could be signing de Ligt (CB) from Juventus. That would be a hell of a signing to go along with Mane and the midfield pieces we picked up this year.

I doubt Lewy comes back, and if he doesn't Bayern might struggle finding a true 9. I feel like that's the only way that Bayern doesn't just run away with the league this year by 15+ points and go deep in the UCL. This would be an incredibly stacked team, probably the best talent wise since I've been following Bayern. If we can convince Lewy to come back and give it one more go, then watch out.

If you had to pick the top 4 in order right now for 22/23, who do you go with? Here's mine:

Bayern
Dortmund
Liepzig
Freiburg
deadbq03
AG
This will sound crazy, but I think if Leipzig can keep Laimer this summer, they've got a really good chance to win it all. I'm very happy they kept Nkunku and Gvardiol.

Supposedly it's Bayern or bust for Laimer, and he's patient enough to leave on a free next year. My German isn't great and I didn't bother to copy it into a translator, but I saw a report on twitter saying he wants to stay with Leipzig through the fall for the sake of starting regularly for World Cup form, so I think they're going to try to make him sign something and give him the release clause treatment.

Bayern and Dortmund have both done very well in the transfer market. Leipzig don't have splash transfers incoming, but again, I think their job this summer is to resign their young talent, and so far so good there. I think it's gonna be tight at the top this year.
EconAg18
AG
We starting the new year thread soon, or a thread dedicated to Bayern?

Away kits released and I am in love with them

Legal Custodian
AG
EconAg18 said:

We starting the new year thread soon, or a thread dedicated to Bayern?

Away kits released and I am in love with them

Not a fan, mainly cause I hate Real Madrid so much.
EconAg18
AG
I love the white and gold scheme - I've been buying every away and third kit for a couple years now and this one is definitely going in the collection.

Rumor is the Oktoberfest kit is going to be maroon/burgundy this year which is gonna be sick
deadbq03
AG
If y'all start a thread for just Bayern, I'll still clutter it up with my Leipzig talk.
deadbq03
AG
This is frightening.

Legal Custodian
deadbq03
AG
Keeping Gnabry is huge for y'all.

Hope Leipzig can keep Gvardiol. Rumors flying even with Leipzig setting a high price.
Legal Custodian
AG
I am not that high on Gnabry to be honest. Unless with the rumors today of Lewy finally getting what he wants means we'll move Mane over as the new #9. Then have Sane, Coman, and Gnabry as the wingers?
EconAg18
AG
Saw this morning that Juli plans on using Gnabry and Mane as false 9s with Sane and Coman as our wingers
EconAg18
AG
Legal Custodian
AG
EconAg18 said:

Saw this morning that Juli plans on using Gnabry and Mane as false 9s with Sane and Coman as our wingers
That would be a drastic change in formation & tactics, would it not? Playing a False 9 would push Muller/Musiala further back up the pitch which would be a little waste of their holding talents and prevent them from making as many runs.

Unless that's how he plans on shoring up the defense a bit by not playing as high of a line to create some space for the midfielders to work in.

Playing a false 9 worked for the German national team, but I'm not a big fan of it for Bayern. But I guess you gotta deal with what the roster dictates. These first few weeks will be very interesting to see.
EconAg18
AG
I guess just hope we can create some offensive mismatches this season and then we load up and make a run at Harry Kane next summer - this season should be interesting regardless
deadbq03
AG
If you're bored you could dig up some Leipzig 20/21 highlights and see how Nagelsmann handled the loss of Timo Werner. Guys like Forsberg and Nkunku often played as false 9s and the top goal scorer that year was Sabitzer lol.

The attack was super fluid. You'd sometimes see the LWB running into the box centrally and the 9 outside making crosses into the box. All kinds of stuff like that.

Obviously your false 9s will be way better. I think you'll be fine.
EconAg18
AG
Done deal. de Ligt should be bought next. We'll see what happens worn Laimer.

wangus12
AG
Where are they getting all this magic money. They can't even pay their own players lol
EconAg18
AG
I have no idea if its true, but allegedly the reason this sale took so long is we required all of the guaranteed money up front. When we sold Vidal they paid in installments and the last payment was never received. I have no idea if that's true, and I feel like it would be massive news if they hadn't completed the last payment yet, but regardless Barca's financial situation is very bad.
EconAg18
AG
Dream scenario:

1. Buy de Ligt this week
2. Sell Pavard to Chelsea
3. Buy Laimer and have a bulletproof backline

Not worried about our offense with Gnabry, Sane, Coman, and Mane. Need Goretzka to stay healthy and for Gravenberch to be as good as we anticipate. Im ready for the season to be here already!!!
Legal Custodian
AG
Only 15 days until the Supercup and 22 days until the first match day. I'll probably start the new season thread on Supercup Gameday
EconAg18
AG
Interesting. We must really like him to spend 22M on him.

EconAg18
AG
Wow, Dortmund's Sebastian Haller diagnosed with testicular cancer. Praying for him and hoping he kicks its ass.
Legal Custodian
AG
Econ, you watching this friendly?

Already up 2-0 to DC United. Man, MLS has a long way to go.
EconAg18
AG
Oh I sure am - I like the synergy from Mane, Sane, and Gnabry rn. It's preseason so I'm not trying to take too much away from this match, but Mazz has looked a little uncomfortable in this match.

I'm a Dynamo season ticket holder and lemme tell you those matches can be R O U G H.
EconAg18
AG
Swap to a 3-back set, immediately allow a goal

You just can't make that up
Legal Custodian
AG
Holy ****, on the other hand Minnesota United is beating Everton 4-0
EconAg18
AG
KDB with a nice goal

deadbq03
AG
Fascinating news that came out of nowhere yesterday.
EconAg18
AG
Fantastic pickup for Leipzig! I need the season to be here already lol
deadbq03
AG
EconAg18 said:

Fantastic pickup for Leipzig! I need the season to be here already lol
There's definitely been a "big club" shift to their business this summer. They're definitely paying higher wages to keep/lure top talent.
EconAg18
AG
I love that - make the Bundesliga that much more competitive. I think we're about to see the league become a mainstay in the Champions League later rounds
Legal Custodian
AG
If Dortmund can ever get some stability I would love if we can get a 3 horse monster going. And then hopefully Leverkusen or another big club can get a little consistent success going.
EconAg18
AG
Mathys Tel is officially a done deal. I read earlier it's going to be closer to 40M for him though.

Our scouting department is adamant this kid is going to be better than Haaland and a similar mold of player. I've watched his film and I see the pace and strength, but I can't fathom comparing him to Haaland. We'll see I guess - hopefully we can come back to this thread in 4 years and laugh about how wrong I was!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.