*Liverpool 2021-2022 Thread*

56,688 Views | 1345 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For real this time?

jeffk
AG
Here's all the pairings (for now anyway):

AG@RICE
AG
Would have preferred Salzburg, but at least it is not PSG.
jeffk
AG
Real and PSG being drawn against each other and United getting Atleti makes me really happy.
Mathguy64
AG
I hate Atletico. They are probably the dirtiest team in all of UEFA. But you knew when this **** show got redone this was happening.
jeffk
AG
Oh, yeah - it was assured.

And yeah, we've been getting hacked to pieces by Atleti for several years now.
jeffk
AG
Not trying to make a big deal of anything, but Klopp was asked about other team's COVID breakouts this morning and had this to say:

BenderRodriguez
AG
I guess I assumed the PL was probably mandatory vax given how the UK works.

Is that not the case and some players catching it are unvaccinated or was this just a Kloppo way to duck the unspoken question on if any Liverpool players are currently positive?
jeffk
AG
No, the league SAID it was mandatory, butttttt listening to managers and clubs the past week it doesn't seem like there was much enforcement of that "mandate."
jeffk
AG
Also, teams are being pretty sly about reporting who's in or out. Some have COVID, some have "illness," others are out with "fitness issues." No idea who's had the vaccine and who has not.
joemeister
AG
There are unvaccinated players. I think the vaccine mandate attempts have gone down in the UK similar to how they have been accepted here. Even if the government tells everyone they have to do it, if they don't enforce it with police power, there will be noncompliance.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, the league basically "required" it but then just said it was up the teams to manage that requirement and then offered no protocols for reporting. There were apparently quite a few holdouts among the big name players in the leagues and no team was going to out those players or themselves and the league certainly wasn't going to take that on, so here we are.
jeffk
KCup17
AG
Reports are that some teams want the league shut down until 2022.
ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01
AG
Jeez
joemeister
AG
Well, that's one way to get a winter break.
OregonAggie
AG
KCup17 said:

Reports are that some teams want the league shut down until 2022.

I saw that report. Not necessarily in favor of that but it would help with any injury problems. Even though that helps other squads, I'd put our roster against anyone's at full strength.
OregonAggie
AG
OH YEAH AND ITS GAMEDAY.
jeffk
AG
welp

jeffk
AG
Unemployed
AG
Got an assist from the ref on TAA's goal.

He ran right in front of TAA as he struck the ball.

https://mixture.gg/v/61bbb3467c03b
joemeister
AG
Good start to the festive period.
AG@RICE
AG
RealTalk said:

Got an assist from the ref on TAA's goal.

He ran right in front of TAA as he struck the ball.

https://mixture.gg/v/61bbb3467c03b

Dude was running for his life.
jeffk
AG
OregonAggie
AG

OregonAggie
AG
Well I think I probably suck at posting GIFs
jeffk
RossG_2
AG
Looks like midfield options are limited today.
Mathguy64
AG
What the holy hell is wrong with NBC? After 10 days of cancelling games and 6 of 10 this match day not being played (and thus not being broadcast) these nitwits out this match on Peacock? Are you kidding me????
gougler08
AG
Mathguy64 said:

What the holy hell is wrong with NBC? After 10 days of cancelling games and 6 of 10 this match day not being played (and thus not being broadcast) these nitwits out this match on Peacock? Are you kidding me????

It seems they are actively trying to get people to not watch their network. It's astounding
Mathguy64
AG
I genuinely do not understand what VAR does. Both that and Kane either both get sent down or neither sent down. Doing one and both the other makes no sense.
jeffk
AG
What's that? Harry Kane playing dangerously and not facing consequences? Oh, that's right - he's English so he gets a free pass on being an enormous ******.

All in all, glad to take a point. Feels like we're basically being put at a disadvantage because we aren't claiming COVID outbreaks on the squad. Spurs get to pass on a meaningless midweek game to rest up for us. And no penalty on Jota being shoved down with no play made on the ball? GTFo.

Refereeing and PL lack of policy clarity aside, we didn't play very well for large stretches of the game and very nearly gifted Spurs several other goals.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Cheering hard for you guys today as a Gooner. Yet again, Kane gets away with murder. Deli should have bee carded for simulation as well.
jeffk
AG
Well now we know why we lost points.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.