*Liverpool 2021-2022 Thread*

56,070 Views | 1345 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
AG@RICE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Potentially have a ton of work to do this summer.
Might need to replace Mo and Mane.
We still haven't replaced Gini...
jeffk
AG
I love the Robbo-TAA relationship so much.
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
And if y'all didn't see any of the coverage of the parade yesterday, go check it out. Pretty incredible crowd and the players seemed really blown away by the support.
ChipFTAC01
AG
The coverage of the mess with Liverpool fans has been resoundingly UEFA/fRench screwed up. The athletic staff wrote a big piece piecing together accounts and looking for answers from both with very little being provided.
jeffk
AG
The French govt presser was outright lies that contradict quite a large number of accounts on the ground from journalists.
joemeister
AG
Quote:

Some had their sunglasses swept from their heads. Others had their phones stolen. Darwin nearly lost her bag. One man in his 30s, trying to retrieve his phone, gave chase and suddenly found himself surrounded by a gang after emerging from bushes with knives. He spent the part of the night in hospital receiving treatment for slash wounds.

For Paul Simpson, a Liverpool fan from Sheffield, the worst part of the whole day was now. "There were local gangs trying to mug Liverpool supporters and the police were absolutely not interested," he tells The Athletic. He is not the only person to describe the situation as being like a scene from "The Purge". Attacked supporters, without receiving assistance from the police, tried to defend themselves and the result was carnage. "Children had to witness people getting their heads getting kicked in and the police were not remotely interested."

Quote from the Athletic article where they interviewed fans and media about the experience. I've been to a lot big sporting events in the U.S., and nothing has come anywhere close to getting out of hand like that.
OregonAggie
AG
Really curious how this Mane thing plays out. I'd honesty rather sell Salah this window and pay Mane. Then sign a guy like this:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-striker-luis-suarez-barcelona-24119584
jeffk
AG
Well, Salah's agent is hell-bent on making all fans hate him so…
eiggA2002
AG
It's looking more and more like Mo will run his contract down. IMO if he doesn't extend in the next couple/few weeks, he's not going to sign a new deal prior to the season and run it out. All kinds of reports out there saying different things, but still sounds like they are still a ways apart on wages, but not length of contract. LFC doesn't want to disrupt their wage structure and Mo wants to be the 6th highest paid in the world at or behind DeBruyne who is on ~350k/week. Can't say I blame him on his wage demands. It's basically up to LFC to bust the wage structure or let him walk.

Mane has been chronically underpaid, but his reported wage demand is higher than we are offering Mo. Something in the neighborhood of 350k+ pounds a week. We'd never get there. I don't blame Mane either. He wants a mega contract (deservedly so) and won't be able to get it here. I just hope we can get the fee we want from BM.

It's going to be a wild transfer window. We've got lots of guys to clear out and hopefully some good ones coming in. Of course all this will probably change and everyone will stay and we'll win the quadruple next year LOL!!

jeffk
AG
The one positive thing I can take away from the Mo contract thing is that I don't see him being a pain or not giving it his all during his last year under the current contract. He'll want to impress his next team and also he's just a solid locker room guy with a good work ethic.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Had dinner with some of my wife's cousins tonight. One of them went to the game and apparently dropped $3k on a ticket. Another one was in Paris at the fanzone. That one though some connections has a connection to a guy who is tight with Mike Gordon of FSG and was going to get to go the after party if they won. Which obviously didn't happen. The next day he wake up and hears from his friend that apparently they still had an after party and Klopp was being team cheerleader and dance captain lifting everyone up and Thanking all of the staff in the room. Was apparently quite the party which led into a happy parade on Sunday.

I am so Thankful we have him for another three years.
RossG_2
AG
The team's ability to not take that loss as hard as I did makes me very happy.
jeffk
AG
Yep, it was great to see them enjoying the parade.
ChipFTAC01
AG
RossG_2 said:

The team's ability to not take that loss as hard as I did makes me very happy.

Absolutely
jeffk
AG
New season thread is up - https://texags.com/forums/51/topics/3293301/replies/62197281#62197281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.