*Liverpool 2021-2022 Thread*

55,773 Views | 1345 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time to reset. Let's acknowledge that this past season didn't pan out the way we all hoped it would, but our team fought through a lot of adversity and managed to avoid any serious consequences as we start up a new year. Lots of roster speculation, but I know I'm excited to see how the newcomers mesh with our core group. Hopefully we can wash the bad taste of '20-21 out of our mouths and win some more hardware this upcoming season.

Finally, this video never fails to make me smile:

Dalton Hughes
powerbelly
eiggA2002
AG
BTHOinjuries.....Looking forward to getting back on track next season YNWA
Let's hope our squad comes back healthy from Euros/Copa America!

joemeister
cruzdoggie
FriedTex
AG
LFG!!!
ChipFTAC01
jeffk
AG
deadbq03
AG
Finally. Hope it's a win for y'all. It already feels like a win for me.

I made the unfortunate comparison to the Keita deal on the other thread, saying something to the effect of "I like the player, but like the money we're getting more."

I'd like to step that back a bit and I'll clarify: I think Konate has for more potential to develop and be an absolute stud than Keita did when y'all took him. A couple years ago, I liked Konate better than Upamecano, but he's been set back by injuries, hardly playing last season, and only getting regular involvement in the latter half of this season as our other options at CB got injured. I do hope he works out for y'all, and I think chances are good that he could.

Leipzig is still deep at CB even with the loss of Upa and Konate, so I'm happy to have the money and see what transpires this summer. Jesse Marsch is gonna have a lot of money to play with if they let him.
jeffk
AG
What's a Keita?
OregonAggie
AG
Thanks for the perspective!
jeffk
AG
Yikes.

YNWA_AG
AG
Wish both teams lost but I would rather Chelsea win than city
AG@RICE
AG
jeffk said:

Yikes.

Question of the off-season, how do you replace dependability?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Good for Alberto Moreno

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CPYFi4pAb8k/?utm_medium=share_sheet
ChipFTAC01
AG
Gerard to replace Ancelotti at Everton?

https://theathletic.com/news/carlo-ancelotti-real-madrid-next-manager-everton/CB69EnpalM5F

YNWA_AG
AG
Gerrard knows klopp will leave in 2024
Capt. America
AG
THE WORLD WILL KNOW WHO WE ARE. LET'S GO. YNWA
jeffk
AG
Yesssss... he'll get some EPL coaching experience but also subvert Everton while waiting on JK to retire.
joemeister
AG
I don't see him going to Everton unless he has been told by higher ups at Liverpool that he isn't their first choice to replace Klopp. He has already been offered other positions in the EPL and turned them down.
OregonAggie
AG
I love the idea of him coaching Liverpool but damn I'd hope he would have some EPL experience before he takes over. Certainly prefer he not coach at Everton though.
joemeister
AG
I don't view what he's done at Rangers as all that different than Klopp's time at Dortmund. He took a club with big expectations and built a team that has won things, all while the 1000 lb gorilla is still in the room. The Bundesliga is definitely a tougher competition than the SPL, but the gulf between Celtic and the rest of the league is similar to Bayern's dominance. I tried to watch Rangers games whenever I could this season; they play a really entertaining brand of soccer. I hope he stays there for a few more years to prove that he can sustain this success. His job at Rangers will have prepared him much better than Frank Lampard's short tenure at Derby did, that's for sure.

The EPL definitely still has stigmas attached to playing/coaching for main rival clubs. It will be interesting to see how he's treated if Rafa goes to Everton (his name has come up a lot today). When he was at Newcastle, Anfield always gave him a great ovation.
joemeister
AG

Four by Mo and one by a goalkeeper. Such a weird year.
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
TAA out for six weeks with a thigh injury. Will miss the euros but should be back for preseason.
AG@RICE
AG
I'm worried they are going to get Hendo injured too (worse than he already is).
Capt. America
AG
I would prefer that over him getting injured during euros.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Where was Nat Phillips going to go last summer? Listening to an interview with him this morning and he said he had his bags packed in the car before the deal fell through.
joemeister
AG
Swansea I think.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Been listening to Carra's Greatest Game podcast over the last few commutes. Really enjoyed Michael Owen and Stevie G. The kid from One Direction that's a huge Derby fan was good too. Jordan hendersons was interesting because I think he might be the most focused captain no-fun (in a good way).
ChipFTAC01
AG
Following up, Robbie Fowler is before I started following Liverpool and was just sort of aware of the Spice Boys Era. Listening to his podcast, he's really unlikable. He has the striker arrogance, which I think all great strikers have to have, but seemingly nothing that hasn't gone perfect in his life can have any fault laid on him.

Robbo's was enjoyable. He's Robbo, just a fun, bubbling, Scottish kid.
joemeister
AG
I think Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen both harbor quite a bit of resentment over the second halves of their careers being ruined by injury.
ChipFTAC01
AG
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/euro-2021/2021/07/07/always-passionate-club-country-england-team-has-stirred-like/

Good article by Cara about this English team. I just love his honesty. If you pause your browser while it's loading you can get behind the pay wall.
jeffk
AG
Away kit is out. Like the color, hate collars.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Generally love collars on football shirts but hate those contrasting multi stripe ones. Looks like skme thing you'd have bought at Structure circa 1994.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.