USMNT 2021 Thread

74,682 Views | 1315 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ghost of Andrew Eaton
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look guys... said:

akm91 said:

Look guys... said:

My word should be good enough.
Not anywhere near close to good enough
Well I was right. Of course, assuming he doesn't pull a hammy in warmups.
Rudyjax
AG
Great interview with Kate prior.
Rudyjax
AG
CP10!!

First American to score in the Semis?
JJxvi
Legal Custodian
AG

Dammit! You edited it back before I could make fun of you for it.
Rudyjax
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Dammit! You edited it back before I could make fun of you for it.
LOL...

I may make mistakes but I'm quick on the fixin.
Rudyjax
AG
Legal Custodian
AG
I wonder if it will be blown out of proportion that CP10 went to the sideline, right next to Tuchel, and ignored him and celebrated with what looks like assistant coach or trainer instead?
Rudyjax
AG
Legal Custodian said:

I wonder if it will be blown out of proportion that CP10 went to the sideline, right next to Tuchel, and ignored him and celebrated with what looks like assistant coach or trainer instead?
The English media will create a controversy over everything.
Rudyjax
AG

tysker
AG
BarnsleyHospice? Another reason why relegation will never work in the US
Rudyjax
AG
Quote:

Operating from the right, rather than Hazard's favoured left-hand side, Pulisic not only scored Chelsea's opening goal, but was the English club's chief creator, the man who drew the fouls to relieve pressure and tracked back with such tenacity that he earned a yellow card.

Just as Pulisic did not display his best form under former head coach Frank Lampard until the second half of last season, it has taken some time for the American to convince Thomas Tuchel he is the man for the big occasion. But, on Tuesday night, in the heavy rain, he was just that.

Quote:

Pulisic looked capable of opening up Real's defence every time he got the ball and it was from his pass that Ben Chilwell shot wide. How the former Borussia Dortmund star must wish he had a Benzema or a Diego Costa, as Hazard did during his Chelsea days, to aim for.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/04/27/christian-pulisic-delivers-biggest-contribution-matters-chelsea/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1619589492
fig96
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Fabrizio Romano just tweeted that Jesse Marsch will be the next manager at RB Leipzig. Great experience for the American manager to handle that big of a club. Needs about 5 years of experience and get the call up for the US job.
He's already just about as experienced as Berhalter and is now coaching in the Bundesliga. He doesn't need anything more than he's already got.
deadbq03
AG
fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Fabrizio Romano just tweeted that Jesse Marsch will be the next manager at RB Leipzig. Great experience for the American manager to handle that big of a club. Needs about 5 years of experience and get the call up for the US job.
He's already just about as experienced as Berhalter and is now coaching in the Bundesliga. He doesn't need anything more than he's already got.
I get what you're saying, and yes I think he's clearly already better - but I think we ought to expect a lot more than merely a "better than Berhalter" standard.
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03
AG
I call BS. He prefers a 4-4-2 double 6, so at the very least that means we see Hoppe and Sargent up front together.
Aston94
AG
Look guys... said:

Some German Dude at Left Back?!?!?!?!

Antonee Robinson!!!!

Make it happen Marsch!!!!
fig96
AG
deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

I get what you're saying, and yes I think he's clearly already better - but I think we ought to expect a lot more than merely a "better than Berhalter" standard.
Dont disagree, I just see Marsch as likely our next US manager and I'm not mad about it.
deadbq03
AG
fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Dont disagree, I just see Marsch as likely our next US manager and I'm not mad about it.
Oh I want him too. But as a Leipzig fan, I hope he can get a couple titles with us before he moves on.
fig96
AG
deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Oh I want him too. But as a Leipzig fan, I hope he can get a couple titles with us before he moves on.
Haha, I have no attachment to them but I may have to follow now.

Speaking of, Werder Bremen v RB Leipzig on ESPNNews in about 45 minutes.
Rudyjax
AG
fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

No Tyler Adams in the 18.
fig96
AG
Look guys... said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Sargent had a great effort to stay on his feet and get the shot off earlier, probably should've gone down and taken the penalty though.
Rudyjax
AG
fig96 said:

Look guys... said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Sargent had a great effort to stay on his feet and get the shot off earlier, probably should've gone down and taken the penalty though.
I missed most of the first half watching FA Youth cup Ipswich vs Sheffield United. It was a great match.
deadbq03
AG
fig96 said:

Look guys... said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

He's playing really well.

I'd bet a coke that we'll see Adams in the 2nd half. Maybe a formation change from Leipzig too.
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Look guys... said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

I'd bet a coke that we'll see Adams in the 2nd half. Maybe a formation change from Leipzig too.
He's not in the 18.
deadbq03
AG
Or not.

Woodwork has stopped Leipzig twice now. I have a feeling this one is going to extra time. Bremen making life difficult on their own... add in a little bad luck and here we are.

Sargent playing really well; better than I've seen him this year.
deadbq03
AG
Look guys... said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Look guys... said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

He's not in the 18.
Really? They showed him warming up at one point.
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03 said:

Look guys... said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Look guys... said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

deadbq03 said:

fig96 said:

Legal Custodian said:

He's not in the 18.
Really? They showed him warming up at one point.
nm...i'm an idiot. Carry on
Legal Custodian
AG
Reyna with the brace so far in Dortmund's Pokal semi final match today. Halftime
Rudyjax
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Reyna with the brace so far in Dortmund's Pokal semi final match today. Halftime

So far is the key word. I'm thinking he gets his first Hattie.
Legal Custodian
AG
Look guys... said:

Legal Custodian said:

So far is the key word. I'm thinking he gets his first Hattie.

Yeah Kiel is not putting up much of a fight. He better get his third early cause I can see him being subbed out at the 60
Legal Custodian
AG
Well I was wrong, he got subbed at the 45'.
Rudyjax
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Well I was wrong, he got subbed at the 45'.
Doh. I didn't think he'd get subbed so early.
Rudyjax
AG
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/05/christian-pulisic-americas-first-real-football-star-can-bigger/?WT.mc_id=e_DM1410186&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Che_New&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_Che_New20210505&utm_campaign=DM1410186

Quote:

"He already is the highest earning American footballer in history but the potential in him is huge,"

Quote:

Football still has a mountain to climb to rival golf or NBA, let alone NFL, yet nobody loves a winner more than the US sports fan. The experts whisper that a transcendental figure like Pulisic can eventually even rival the likes of LeBron James and Tiger Woods in earning ability. That would mean earnings of 70million by the World Cup in North America 2026, when he will be 27.
Legal Custodian
AG
Look guys... said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/05/christian-pulisic-americas-first-real-football-star-can-bigger/?WT.mc_id=e_DM1410186&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Che_New&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_Che_New20210505&utm_campaign=DM1410186

Quote:

"He already is the highest earning American footballer in history but the potential in him is huge,"

Quote:

Football still has a mountain to climb to rival golf or NBA, let alone NFL, yet nobody loves a winner more than the US sports fan. The experts whisper that a transcendental figure like Pulisic can eventually even rival the likes of LeBron James and Tiger Woods in earning ability. That would mean earnings of 70million by the World Cup in North America 2026, when he will be 27.

Crazily enough, I agree with that statement. If he becomes a superstar over there, then he absolutely will be a sponsor's dream.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.