USMNT 2021 Thread

74,331 Views | 1315 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ghost of Andrew Eaton
H.E. Pennypacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's going to be a busy year across several competitions (WC Qualifiers, Gold Cup, Olympic Qualifying etc).
wangus12
AG
#BerhalterOut
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
I'll reserve my updated Berhalter thoughts until I see a full roster in a meaningful game, but the lineups/strategy have been much improved in the past year. Plus, he seems to have thrown himself into recruiting USMNT eligible players. So, it's been an improved performance than what it looked like initially.
akm91
AG
wangus12 said:

#BerhalterOut
And who would replace him?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
OregonAggie
AG
wangus12 said:

#BerhalterOut

That escalated quickly hahahahaha
mrmill3218
AG
akm91 said:

wangus12 said:

#BerhalterOut

Jesse Marsh.
PatAg
AG
https://www.businessinsider.com/paramount-plus-streaming-service

They are going to carry the Concacaf WCQ for games played outside of the US (formerly on Bein)

They also get champions league, and I believe europa league also
50% off on for a year subscription with the promotion.
KCup17
AG
If you currently have CBS All Access would you need to change the subscription to Paramount+?
Aston94
AG
So does my CBS All Access transfer over?

This streaming crap is getting out of hand.
In talking with sources connected to Meyer's family on Sunday, there was laughter about the persistence of the Texas pursuit.
wangus12
AG
akm91
AG
mrmill3218 said:

akm91 said:

wangus12 said:

#BerhalterOut

Jesse Marsh.
I don't think Jesse Marsch is ready to give up his European managerial ladder climb right now. He's done well as a manager but he's also been at clubs backed by the Reb Bull system.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
KCup17
AG
Add on top of that his desire to change the narrative around American coaches in Europe and I think he would decline the offer at this point in time.
deadbq03
AG
Aston94 said:

So does my CBS All Access transfer over?

This streaming crap is getting out of hand.
Yes it does transfer automatically.

I just hope they still let you stream from the CBS Sports app with the same credentials. It's way easier to find the games there than their normal app. Or I suppose I could also dream that the new Paramount app will be better than either.
deadbq03
AG
KCup17 said:

Add on top of that his desire to change the narrative around American coaches in Europe and I think he would decline the offer at this point in time.
And add to that, if he ends up being good enough to land an elite Europe job, those pay better than USMNT.
KCup17
AG
Good points.

Watching the Salzburg game while working and the ref is absolutely swindling them. VAR disallowed a clear handball in the box. Add to that Villareal flop faster than a fish out of water.
Aston94
AG
The CBS All Access app is the worst, just horrible user interface and features.
In talking with sources connected to Meyer's family on Sunday, there was laughter about the persistence of the Texas pursuit.
Rudyjax
AG
Aston94 said:

The CBS All Access app is the worst, just horrible user interface and features.

And it never works right.
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03
AG
Adams played the full 90 as a 6, and put in a solid performance in Leipzig's thrilling comeback win on Saturday.

https://sbisoccer.com/2021/02/adams-delivers-best-performance-of-season-in-rb-leipzig-comeback-win

One thing I've noticed about him is how much further forward he's getting as a 6 now that he's been forced to get forward when he plays RWB. I think it's only a matter of time before he starts getting more involved in offense.
Pahdz
KCup17 said:

It could be said that he and Berhalter are both on very important journeys right now for American soccer in general. Berhalter duh, but for Marsch his continued success SHOULD open more doors for American coaches, which in turn opens more avenues for our players.

Very exciting to see the parallel journeys progress.
fig96
AG
Dest, Brooks, and Adams in action today...

deadbq03
AG
Both Brooks and Adams having good games... which is part of the reason this is still 0-0 an hour into it.

Edit to add: Leipzig win 2-0. Brooks wasn't involved in the first goal. 2nd goal he got beat in a physical 50-50 situation and gave up an assist. Many refs probably would've called a foul on the attacking player in the situation, but this ref didn't.
fig96
AG
If anyone doesn't have this match on, Barca just put in a goal to send the semi to extra time and Sevilla had a man ejected for a second caution in stoppage time. ESPN+.
oh no
AG
what channel?
fig96
AG
Sorry, just saw this. ESPN+, not sure if it's on a broadcast channel.
Rudyjax
AG
Aaronson with a goal yesterday.

World class might be stretching it a little bit, but he was in the right place at the right time.
oh no
AG
the change of speed move, shielding, and drop off with the outside of the left foot to Aaronson by #27 is pretty impressive
Rudyjax
AG
Nm...27 was great.
PatAg
AG
oh no said:

the change of speed move, shielding, and drop off with the outside of the left foot to Aaronson by #27 is pretty impressive
Right, but normally when you say world class goal by ____ you are implying the goal scorer did something special.
oh no
AG
yeah, I know. While great for Aaronson, I don't think the goal is "world class", as American Hooligans indicated. I was more impressed with the work by #27 to set that goal up.
PatAg
AG
oh no said:

yeah, I know. While great for Aaronson, I don't think the goal is "world class", as American Hooligans indicated. I was more impressed with the work by #27 to set that goal up.
Yea, I first saw the replay on my phone in crappy resolution, so I assumed it was Aaronson making the slaloming run.
Aston94
AG
If world class is being unmarked and tapping a goal into an empty net then so be it!
Rudyjax
AG
Aston94 said:

If world class is being unmarked and tapping a goal into an empty net then so be it!

Well he stayed on side and didn't Wondolowski it...so, yeah. World Class
Aston94
AG
Look guys... said:

Aston94 said:

Well he stayed on side and didn't Wondolowski it...so, yeah. World Class
Unfortunately there is a bit of a chasm between being "Better than Wondolowski" and being "world class".
oh no
AG
antonee robinson looking good vs Bale and tottanham today

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.