Chelsea 2019-2020 Thread

25,792 Views | 384 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by byfLuger41
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

jeffk
AG
Better than the last iteration, but sponsors should be asked to provide a non-numeric logo for use on sports jerseys.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Better than the last iteration, but sponsors should be asked to provide a non-numeric logo for use on sports jerseys.

I'm afraid to ask... who is the sponsor?
jeffk
AG
With not a hint of irony...

Three.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

With not a hint of irony...

Three.

The number 3 sponsored them?
jeffk
AG
Yes. It's like a real life Sesame Street episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_(telecommunications)
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Yes. It's like a real life Sesame Street episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_(telecommunications)

I'm not familiar with Euro telecom companies.
Rudyjax
AG
Is CP fit? Inquiring minds want to know.
byfLuger41
AG

The new kits are terrible. Miss Adidas big time.
JJxvi
AG
Superblood Wolfmoon said:

Pulisic is in the starting 11
Rudyjax
AG
JJxvi said:

Superblood Wolfmoon said:

Pulisic is in the starting 11

Just came here to post that.

Yippee Kayee mother****er.
JJxvi
JJxvi
AG
I like how the VAR officials are clearly forced to like spend a minute and a half just on drawing the lines all over the field for an offside decision all while the commentators whine about how "if it takes three minutes it cant be clear and obvious!"
Rudyjax
AG
JJxvi said:

I like how the VAR officials are clearly forced to like spend a minute and a half just on drawing the lines all over the field for an offside decision all while the commentators whine about how "if it takes three minutes it cant be clear and obvious!"

It was clear and obvious there was a player in an offside position interfering with the play. I don't know why they had to draw all those lines when naked eye shows he was in an offside position.
JJxvi
AG
Thats always one call where I dont really know or understand what the approved rulings are. I think many fans clearly have a very conservative view of what interfering in the play while in an offside position. Most are like "he's on the ground so he's not interfering with Kepa's vision!" but I've always thought if you are even remotely involved in any way you should get flagged. If you're offisde and your body is between the ball and the goal, you are interfering. He's also within like 2 yards of both the ball and goalkeeper. The fact that the shot happened to avoid him, to me is almost more of a sign of interfering in the play as the shooter even had to chang his shot to avoid hitting him.

Im pretty sure they are made to draw all the lines. even if they pretty much know he was offside already in their mind. Thats why I think its ridiculous to call them out for taking too long.
Rudyjax
AG
He was clearly interfering in my opinion.
JJxvi
AG
That could be offside again...
PatAg
AG
JJxvi said:

That could be offside again...
I thought it was off live, but it looked like he was just on when it was played
JJxvi
AG
There's a lot of optimism about this team for next year as a title challenge, with Werner and Ziyek, and the exciting youg players or whatever. But it all ignores the fact that, either because of talent or commitment or something, this team is not even close to being able to defend at a championship level. The goals against record is horrid compared to the rest of the top of the table.
JJxvi
AG
Chelsea is basically as bad as you can be at both allowing goals via set pieces and counters and still being able to say, "well, at least we aren't Villa"
Mathguy64
AG
The offside call was not interfering with play. The ball hit him while he was offside. You could clearly see it on the backside video. It's offside the minute it touches him. Why it took 3.5 minutes of Jon Moss drawing lines on a field is beyond me.
jeffk
AG
Mathguy64
byfLuger41
AG
We suck again.
Rudyjax
AG
mathguy86 said:

The offside call was not interfering with play. The ball hit him while he was offside. You could clearly see it on the backside video. It's offside the minute it touches him. Why it took 3.5 minutes of Jon Moss drawing lines on a field is beyond me.

The ball hit him after a deliberate play by a defender. Even in an offside position he is not offside. By having Azpilicueta having to step over him, in an offside position, to make a tackle, he interfered with the play.

This actually describes the situation perfectly:
Quote:

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.
A 'save' is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).
In situations where:
a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g. blocks the opponent), the offence should be penalised under Law 12
byfLuger41
AG
Noice!
byfLuger41
AG
2-0 HT
RebAg13
AG
CP is playing amazing
akm91
AG
Continues his amazing play, scoring in the 27th minute.

JJxvi
AG
Lazy, lazy lazy
Out in Left Field
AG
Almost at the last second
RebAg13
AG
That was a terrifying finish
Rudyjax
AG
Chelsea barely earned their coffee.
byfLuger41
AG
3pts
Rudyjax
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.