Chelsea 2019-2020 Thread

25,783 Views | 384 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by byfLuger41
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I assume that only 4 minutes of stoppage after this half is some sort make up call to Ajax? It took like 3 minutes just to rule out what would have been the 5th goal.
byfLuger41
AG
Holy Shet.
Rudyjax
AG
JJxvi said:

I assume that only 4 minutes of stoppage after this half is some sort make up call to Ajax? It took like 3 minutes just to rule out what would have been the 5th goal.

Should've been at least 10 minutes. PK. 2 reds. Long VAR reviews. And much much more.

Honestly Ajax got ****ed.
DuncanField91
AG
Ajax played with an aggressive posture on the Chelsea attack. Getting a couple yellows early set them up for this. Also, xG CHE 5.17 to AJA 1.44. 4-4 is generous to Ajax.
Rudyjax
AG
DuncanField91 said:

Ajax played with an aggressive posture on the Chelsea attack. Getting a couple yellows early set them up for this. Also, xG CHE 5.17 to AJA 1.44. 4-4 is generous to Ajax.

So you're saying that while Ajax got lucky goals, that should've been a pk and a red? His arm was by his side and he didn't make his body bigger.
DuncanField91
AG
I think he moved his arm away from his body, refs thought it looked intentional, gave a yellow and a pk.

(Not really defending the questionable officiating in general, but that must have been how the CR and VAR saw it.)
Rudyjax
AG
DuncanField91 said:

I think he moved his arm away from his body, refs thought it looked intentional, gave a yellow and a pk.

(Not really defending the questionable officiating in general, but that must have been how the CR and VAR saw it.)

I saw it as the ball moved his arm away from his body.

Oh well. The 4 minutes were ridiculous which help AJax.
byfLuger41
AG
Nice pass from Willian.

1-0
byfLuger41
AG
Pulisic!
JJxvi
Rudyjax
AG
This made me lol.

Rudyjax
AG
Question for you EPL knowledgeable fans...

Is there another team in the top clubs (Man U, Man C, Arnsenl, Totenham, LP, LC) that is as young as Chelsea?
An Ag in CO
AG
Rudyjax
AG
An Ag in CO said:

Hmmm. Guessing CP, Mount and TA give the appearance of a young team.

Isn't Giroud like 40?
JJxvi
AG
I bet the average age of just the starting XI is pretty low
Rudyjax
AG
JJxvi said:

That was my thought. I just don't know how it compares.
who?mikejones
AG
JJxvi said:

They said it was the youngest team to start afor Chelsea game with an average of 24 years and 88 days
jeffk
AG
Roster age is a bit misleading. Most teams carry a good amount of aged players as subs which skews the mean. Starting 11 is a much better way to look at it.
RebAg13
byfLuger41
AG
Poop
JJxvi
AG
Ugh watching them play with the lead feels infuriating
jeffk
AG
CP with his first Chelsea CL goal though.
Rudyjax
AG
Anyone know how to streaming it? I got Saturday's match.
Rudyjax
AG
Oh I am bad luck. Found it right before the equalizer.
JJxvi
AG
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/12/06/chelsea-football-club-statement-on-appeal-verdict

Quote:

Chelsea Football Club has today been notified by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) that its appeal has been successful. The transfer ban imposed on Chelsea has been reduced to one window, which has already been served, and Chelsea is therefore free to sign players in the January 2020 transfer window.

Chelsea is grateful to the CAS for the diligent approach that it gave this matter. The club has not yet received the written reasons for CAS's decision but wishes to make the following clear:

1. The approach taken by FIFA to this case has been deeply unsatisfactory, not least as FIFA chose to treat Chelsea entirely differently to Manchester City for reasons that make absolutely no sense to Chelsea.

2. FIFA accused Chelsea of having breached Article 19 of the FIFA regulations in relation to 27 players, covering the period from 2009 onwards. Of those, 16 players were registered by Chelsea in exactly the same way as other Premier League clubs registered players at the time. Furthermore, Chelsea sought clarification from the Premier League in 2009 about whether it needed to apply for permission to register players in this category. The FA subsequently liaised with FIFA and it was confirmed to Chelsea that players in this category were entitled to register and that no special application was required (and in fact no special application process existed). Accordingly, the fact that FIFA brought charges against Chelsea for this category of player was perverse. We are grateful that this appears to have been corrected by the CAS.

3. In relation to the remaining 11 players, Chelsea's position was as follows:

a. Six players qualified for one of the exceptions set out in the FIFA regulations. As a consequence, to the extent there was any breach in relation to these players, the breaches were of a procedural nature only.

b. With respect to the remaining five players, FIFA's position was that it "deemed" these players to have registered prior to any application for registration being made. Chelsea maintains, as was held by CAS in the Real Madrid case, that the FIFA regulations do not cover a concept of "deemed registrations" and accordingly it is not open to FIFA to "deem" that registrations were made before they were in fact made.

4. Chelsea respects the importance of the work undertaken by FIFA in relation to the protection of minors and has fully cooperated with FIFA throughout its investigation. However, if FIFA continues to impose inconsistent and unequal sanctions on clubs then it will not only undermine the very purpose of the regulations, but it will also bring into doubt the game's confidence in FIFA being able to appropriately regulate this important area.
Rudyjax
AG
Anyone have a non BR/live link to today's match?
Rudyjax
AG
Watching a stream from South Africa. These commercials are great.

And the half time show isn't bad. Solid analysis.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thanks for alerting us to that stream !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Rudyjax
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Thanks for alerting us to that stream !

Well if you had posted on this thread during the game I would've shared.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Always keep it to yourself .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Rudyjax
AG

Always keep it to yourself .

Agreed. Once you know what to google it's pretty easy to find.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
We're not as smart as you .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Rudyjax
AG

We're not as smart as you .

Google Champions League stream.

Or Premier League stream.

Wouldn't do it on a pc tho.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thanks but why not on a pc ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Rudyjax
AG

Thanks but why not on a pc ?

Computer aids.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.