Tottenham Hotspur 2017-2018 Thread

43,903 Views | 702 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
Beau Bevers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What Wembley curse? Well done, lads. COYS!
t - cam
AG
I'm often quick to point out how Spurs dominate a match but lose a game and it would be easy to say the same about this game in reverse but when I think of actual chances I see basically 3 legit attempts for Dortmund which really netted them 2 goals and about 6 for Spurs which got them 3 goals. I've never seen us use the counter to our advantage like today and it really showed me more proof that poch is a tactical wizard.

Such a fun and important win.
If Madrid handles business like they should it may be goal differential that determines second.
BBallAggie06
AG
Big win yesterday. Definitely a fun one to watch! Here's to hoping we can successfully appeal Jan's red card.

COYS!!!
gougler08
AG
BBallAggie06 said:

Big win yesterday. Definitely a fun one to watch! Here's to hoping we can successfully appeal Jan's red card.

COYS!!!

Why would they even appeal? It was a soft yellow but he should know better than to be putting his hands up high when on a yellow
BBallAggie06
AG
True, but what's the worst that could happen? They could say no. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!
t - cam
AG
gougler08 said:

BBallAggie06 said:

COYS!!!

Why would they even appeal? It was a soft yellow but he should know better than to be putting his hands up high when on a yellow

Weird take, basically every pundit has been saying it was a terrible decision by the ref.
Either way he will only miss apoel. Bring wanyama back on, slide dier back with Sanchez and Toby.
Feel like dier is about to be odd man out when all are healthy.
Socrates05
AG
I can only assume the pundits thought it was straight red and not a second yellow. There is no way that gets overturned as a yellow. Harsh but not terrible. Don't let that overshadow that he (Vertonghen) was phenomenal. Kane, Davies, and Toby were great but Jan stood above. That doesn't even mention how smoothly Davinson and Serge integrated.

That back five plus Lloris is remarkably talented as well as having a great understanding amongst themselves, even without Rose. Good things will cone it'd they stay healthy.
Socrates05
AG
Also I think with Jan out and playing APOEL, you see a Sanchez Alderwiereld pair in a 4231. That is if Poch is comfortable with one other in the attacking 3 besides Eriksen and Son.

I would like to see a diamond midfield between that backline and Kane/Son. Dier sweeping behind Dembele and Sissoko with Eriksen as the point should be able to beat them into submission.
t - cam
AG
Socrates05 said:

I can only assume the pundits thought it was straight red and not a second yellow. There is no way that gets overturned as a yellow. Harsh but not terrible. Don't let that overshadow that he (Vertonghen) was phenomenal. Kane, Davies, and Toby were great but Jan stood above. That doesn't even mention how smoothly Davinson and Serge integrated.

That back five plus Lloris is remarkably talented as well as having a great understanding amongst themselves, even without Rose. Good things will cone it'd they stay healthy.

You're probably right. Just looked like he was trying to get balance to me though guess that wouldn't exclude a yellow.
gougler08
AG
t - cam said:

Socrates05 said:

You're probably right. Just looked like he was trying to get balance to me though guess that wouldn't exclude a yellow.

Yeah if it was a straight red, then yes I'd appeal as it would be a terrible decision. As for the yellow, I think it was soft but the appeals committee will almost always side with the ref unless it's something he didn't see or was just egregiously bad.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Quote:

Referee Gianluca Rocchi appeared to show just a red card to Vertonghen, but UEFA have clarified on their website that it was a second yellow card.

Quote:

The fact it was two yellows, also means Vertonghen is unable to appeal the decision.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/jan-vertonghens-red/
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Anyone know anywhere to see today's game?

I saw it was not even televised in the UK so I'm assuming it's a no.

DeangeloVickers
AG
Aurier already proving his worth
DeangeloVickers
AG
Andy Carroll came on an changed the game...for us!!!!!
DeangeloVickers
AG
COYS
Beau Bevers
AG
Harry
byfLuger41
AG
Harry good
byfLuger41
AG
Little Pea!
byfLuger41
AG
Red card
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hang on. COYS!!!!!
byfLuger41
AG
2-3
byfLuger41
AG
Great game.

I still say Erikson is your best player. Love that guy!
gougler08
AG
Very lucky to not have a PK called for that push on Carroll at the end
Socrates05
AG
gougler08 said:

Very lucky to not have a PK called for that push on Carroll at the end
Not even close.
titanmaster_race
I'm a little confused as to why arsenal and Chelsea fans feel the need to spend so much time on a spurs thread.
byfLuger41
AG
I also follow Austin Antifa, Aggie MSA, Cowboys, Rangers, Hillary Clinton etc. on Facebook.

Staying informed creates a healthy level of hate.
gougler08
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I'm a little confused as to why arsenal and Chelsea fans feel the need to spend so much time on a spurs thread.
I like following all of the threads on here just to talk about soccer with everyone...there's only like 25 regular posters on this board so I think we can all engage in conversation.

And after I rewatched it again, I think y'all are right and it would have been soft. I only saw it live and it looked worse than it was with Carroll flopping around like a fish
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

I also follow Austin Antifa, Aggie MSA, Cowboys, Rangers, Hillary Clinton etc. on Facebook.

Staying informed creates a healthy level of hate.
pathetic and immature really.

byfLuger41
AG
I was being sarcastic.

Staying informed about your enemies (Spurs) or things you disagree with (see previous post) has always done me well. It makes for good conversation and helps the mind grow.

I'm not one to blindly hate ______ without hearing, understanding and researching just what ______ is all about.

byfLuger41
AG
More importantly, why the big deal?

You and grumpy bear Arnold need some jams this morning:

byfLuger41
AG
Quote:

I like following all of the threads on here just to talk about soccer with everyone...there's only like 25 regular posters on this board so I think we can all engage in conversation.

This.
Mathguy64
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Can't speak for wobble headed Arsenal and Chelsea fans but I usually follow along all the team threads, especially if I'm watching your matches. But like all United fans I'm well behaved.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Appel Nicasia
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
another Kane hat trick!!
DeangeloVickers
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.