Tottenham Hotspur 2017-2018 Thread

43,910 Views | 702 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
jay040
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty disappointed in Rose's statements. Sounds like he's trying to work his way out of the club.

https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/6spbo5/full_text_of_danny_rose_interview/
titanmaster_race
Nothing particularly wrong about any of his points, but like reddit comments mention, it's how he said it and who he said it all to. Don't think poch will stand for this. Which is maybe Rose' s goal, to get traded.
t - cam
AG
To me he is indispensable. I realize Davies did OK in his absence last year but there a huge quality gap from Davies to Rose.

I don't like him running his mouth but I also don't mind what he said. Tottenham is one of the most lucrative clubs in the world and tries to operate on pennies.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Sell big buy small
gougler08
AG
t - cam said:

To me he is indispensable. I realize Davies did OK in his absence last year but there a huge quality gap from Davies to Rose.

I don't like him running his mouth but I also don't mind what he said. Tottenham is one of the most lucrative clubs in the world and tries to operate on pennies.
Gotta pay for the new stadium...Arsenal are just now starting to spend bigger money in transfer windows after they penny pinched for years due to the Emirates being built
DeangeloVickers
AG
Tottenham till we die
We're
Tottenham till we die,
We're blue
n' white the rest are sh*te
we're
Tottenham till we die

Come on you Spurs
Come on you Spurs...
byfLuger41
AG
Spurs, will you please curb stomp us next weekend? Maybe that will wake up our board and squad.

Love -

Me
DeangeloVickers
AG
mike_ags_fan12
COYS!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Please tell me we will get another right back before the window closes...
DeangeloVickers
AG
Walker Peters has done much better than expected
mike_ags_fan12
That Kane tackle could have gone either way.
titanmaster_race
Pretty blech match so far. Walker-peters has looked good though. Pretty nasty tackle from Kane, might be fortunate it wasn't a red.
Beau Bevers
AG
Ryno01 said:

Walker Peters has done much better than expected

Agreed. He just needs to mature a little more physically.
DeangeloVickers
AG
titanmaster_race
Red!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Goodbye Shelvey

I really thought Dele faked it but definitely red card
mike_ags_fan12
Initially thought Shelvey kicked him.
Mathguy64
AG
I think it's safe to say that the EPL is cracking down on SFP. This is now the third time I've seen a call this weekend where in the past they would have shown yellow and now they are straight out dismissing players.
titanmaster_race
mathguy86 said:

I think it's safe to say that the EPL is cracking down on SFP. This is now the third time I've seen a call this weekend where in the past they would have shown yellow and now they are straight out dismissing players.

What? He stomped on his ankle purposefully during a break in play.

That has always been a red card.
Mathguy64
AG
Not in this league. Do t misunderstand me. That's a red all day long. But the EPL has historically had an incredibly high bar for SFP. So high that you had to wonder sometimes if they just didn't care about it because they didn't want teams playing short.
titanmaster_race
beautiful
mike_ags_fan12
Dele broken ankle and all!
titanmaster_race
mathguy86 said:

Not in this league. Do t misunderstand me. That's a red all day long. But the EPL has historically had a knack incredibly high bar for SFP. So high that you had to wonder sometimes if they just didn't care about it because they didn't want teams playing short.

On tackles? I wouldn't argue with that. But this was an extra curricular outside of the run of play. I don't recall those being tolerated, especially not when the ref has a front row view.
titanmaster_race
That lead up to the goal
mike_ags_fan12
Oh my, that was glorious
mike_ags_fan12
18 shots to NUFC's 6
BBallAggie06
AG
Still can't believe Kane missed the two closer range shots. Just unlucky. Could've easily been 4 or 5 goals. Happy with the 3 points and was impressed with KWP

COYS!!
titanmaster_race
Reading through the Chelsea thread is hilarious right now. They truly believe Cahill's late, shin-high,studs up tackle didn't deserve a red, among other things. Lulz
AustinScubaAg
AG
It is no worse than this thread would be if Harry Kane had receive a red instead of a yellow for his dangerous tackle.
byfLuger41
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Reading through the Chelsea thread is hilarious right now. They truly believe Cahill's late, shin-high,studs up tackle didn't deserve a red, among other things. Lulz

Hasty generalization.

That's like me thinking you're a king size bag just because t-cam is a king size bag.

I think we thought it was deserved, but harsh....especially since Burnley didn't catch sh*t for a similar studs up tackle late in the match. Either way I don't think Chelsea knows the EPL has started. I'm predicting a blood bath on Sunday. 4-0 Spurs.

Cheers.
titanmaster_race
AustinScubaAg said:

It is no worse than this thread would be if Harry Kane had receive a red instead of a yellow for his dangerous tackle.

He probably should have gotten a red. Scissor tackle from behind...
titanmaster_race
I recently found out a favorite place of mine is called Chelsea 's Wine Bar because the owner is a massive Chelsea fan. I always thought it was owned by some lady named Chelsea.

I don't know if I can go there anymore.
byfLuger41
AG
Make Mid90 Great Again!
t - cam
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Hasty generalization.

That's like me thinking you're a king size bag just because t-cam is a king size bag.

I think we thought it was deserved, but harsh....especially since Burnley didn't catch sh*t for a similar studs up tackle late in the match. Either way I don't think Chelsea knows the EPL has started. I'm predicting a blood bath on Sunday. 4-0 Spurs.

Cheers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.