Recruiting Update

392,117 Views | 1100 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by taylorswift13_
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Giggem
AG
Offside said:

Depends on what your definition is, but Ruiz and Lacher would probably qualify as "big time." They are top 100 in the country and should be expected to contribute early.
I sure hope so. It just doesn't seem that this program has attracted the top talent since that great 2014 team graduated.
Offside
What we aren't getting is the genuine elite recruit. 17 of the top 20 non-pros in the 2026 class are committed. Seven are from Texas or committed to a Texas school. We didn't appear to be really in on any of them.

That's unfortunately become pretty typical every year now. Yolenski the only genuine elite Texas recruit we have landed in the high school class of '23, '24, and '25.

These rankings need taken with a grain of salt. But still. It is clear A&M isn't perceived as a top destination anymore for the state's very best players.
Giggem
AG
Offside said:

What we aren't getting is the genuine elite recruit. 17 of the top 20 non-pros in the 2026 class are committed. Seven are from Texas or committed to a Texas school. We didn't appear to be really in on any of them.

That's unfortunately become pretty typical every year now. Yolenski the only genuine elite Texas recruit we have landed in the high school class of '23, '24, and '25.

These rankings need taken with a grain of salt. But still. It is clear A&M isn't perceived as a top destination anymore for the state's very best players.
That's helpful data. What Texas schools landed those elite players?
TRM
AG
Gap
AG
And another

Offside
That's four very good pulls from California. Churchill is #27 in the country. Elite player.
Offside
Of the top twenty Texas recruits in each of the classes of 2025 and 2026โ€ฆ
8 remain uncommitted
19 went out of state
4 Texas Tech (#8, #12, #17, and #18)
3 Texas (#2, #6; and #7)
2 A&M (#9 Storer and # 17 Arreola)
2 Baylor (#14 and #18)
1 TCU (#7)
1 Dallas Baptist (#20)
Giggem
AG
Offside said:

That's four very good pulls from California. Churchill is #27 in the country. Elite player.
Terrific!
ColoradoMooseHerd
Everyone should expect the pipeline into Southern California to continue. This move to add some SoCal Players was strategic and the girls coming from Legends are all studs. As those that no ECNL Soccer, Legends has come to dominate the national seen, probably even more than Solar. These players are all tested players that have been going up against the best national and they have won several national ECNL Titles.
ColoradoMooseHerd
I for one, would prefer to have annual recruiting class pages instead of just one monster page that has 10 years of info on it. Very difficult to sort through so many pages to find what you are looking when you are not positive what you are looking for.
King Koda
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Everyone should expect the pipeline into Southern California to continue. This move to add some SoCal Players was strategic and the girls coming from Legends are all studs. As those that no ECNL Soccer, Legends has come to dominate the national seen, probably even more than Solar. These players are all tested players that have been going up against the best national and they have won several national ECNL Titles.
When is the last time a Legends team of any age group won an ECNL National Title? If you are talking about SoCal in general (specifically Surf or Slammers KOGE), ok. The Legends teams are very good, but they are still a step below the dominant ECNL teams since the demise of DA.
frankie00
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

I for one, would prefer to have annual recruiting class pages instead of just one monster page that has 10 years of info on it. Very difficult to sort through so many pages to find what you are looking when you are not positive what you are looking for.
I agree.

I have the following site bookmarked, to keep an eye on commits, and I think it is accurate. Please let me know if it is not. Thanks!

https://prepsoccer.com/college/texas-am/
ColoradoMooseHerd
King Koda said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

When is the last time a Legends team of any age group won an ECNL National Title? If you are talking about SoCal in general (specifically Surf or Slammers KOGE), ok. The Legends teams are very good, but they are still a step below the dominant ECNL teams since the demise of DA.
I meant for these girls age group, I thought they won last year ECNL Championship but just looked it up and they lost in the final to Beach 1-0. The year before they also lost in the Final I think to the Michigan Hawks. My mistake My memory was off on as I thought these girls won two years in a row. But they lost in the final two years in a row.

But our new assistant coach, is very locked in with Legends, Koge and the others. Definitely making a move to bring in some Southern Cal girls whether everyone likes that or not.
King Koda
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

King Koda said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

I meant for these girls age group, I thought they won last year ECNL Championship but just looked it up and they lost in the final to Beach 1-0. The year before they also lost in the Final I think to the Michigan Hawks. My mistake My memory was off on as I thought these girls won two years in a row. But they lost in the final two years in a row.

But our new assistant coach, is very locked in with Legends, Koge and the others. Definitely making a move to bring in some Southern Cal girls whether everyone likes that or not.
I'm pretty sure you're mixing up age groups again. The 07s lost 5-1 in the finals last year to Beach in a year where the top teams were missing players due to the U17WNT having a camp in the middle of ECNL Finals (so they could get the Pros into the camp). They may have lost in the '22 finals also. The Legend 08s didn't make it to Virginia this year. The 08s did make it to the finals in '23 (losing to Michigan Hawks) and '22 (losing to Solar). But the Legends don't have any age group that have won a National Championship. For these girls age groups Solar has 3 National Championships (2 for 07s and 1 for 08s) compared to Legends 0 for either group. If you add up the NC for Southern California and for Solar for these age groups it would be 3 for Solar and 3 for all of Southern California ('07 Slammers KOGE, '07 Beach, '08 Slammers). So, as someone who has experience in ECNL soccer (especially these two age groups), I wouldn't quite say Legends has become dominant in these age groups.
taylorswift13_
Is it because we can't recruit any top girls in the state?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.