Recruiting Update

361,381 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I meant "regarding" rather than "Regomeorarding". The cursor doesn't move sometimes when I type and I forgot to proofread before I hit SUBMIT.

I know, but that didn't stop me from spending 5 minutes trying to sound out that word.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks for all your help. Cailey is a great kid I've know since she was five. Has always been a very good soccer player from the first time she started playing as a child.

And even being raised in in Austin, she dislikes tu, or more particularly, their soccer program. She's dedicated to putting the work in, even coming back from a serious injury.

Again, thanks.
CDub06
AG
Most of us don't follow recruiting very closely until a prospect actually commits. HiddenAg would probably be the only one here that might have any kind of educated comment on her as a player.

I could not find a bio for her on topdrawersoccer.com

Best of luck for her. You will have to let us know where she ends up if it is not Aggieland so that we can follow her career.
EclipseAg
AG
Regomeorarding Cailey:

I would guess that if she hasn't heard from Coach G by now, she probably isn't on his radar. It will be tough to make an impression at this late in the game. But it can't hurt to initiate contact.

[This message has been edited by EclipseAg (edited 1/21/2014 1:57p).]
aggiehawg
AG
She's been on his radar for the last few years. Has been to camps and events on campus. But she was injured last year, and has been going through rehab. Seems that cooled his interest.

She really wants to be in the SEC, and stay in state as well. I haven't broached the subject of her possibly coming to campus with hopes of being a walk-on, yet.

She has other offers by SEC schools and has traveled all over the South playing tourneys so she has had a great deal of exposure since junior high.

Thanks again, folks.

AG
Saw on Twitter that Coach G got a commitment today from Cally Walton. She's a '98 (sophomore) from Challenge's U16 ECNL team. She plays center back and left back.

She's also a member of the A&M Consolidated varsity, where she earned first-team all district honors as a freshman.

[This message has been edited by EclipseAg (edited 1/23/2014 7:52p).]
redd38
AG
WALTON!

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/teams/62561624/29783136-62562502/51741810.html
Aldo the Apache
redd38
AG
Grace Piper, a midfielder in the 2016 class from The Woodlands, has committed to the good guys.
redd38
AG
Top Drawer Soccer also says we have a commitment from Amethyst Kelly, a defender in the 2015 class from Longview. I don't see anything about that commitment anywhere else. But since Amethyst Kelly is the real name of Iggy Azalea she'll be a nice replacement for Katy Perry.
redd38
AG
Top Drawer Soccer is also showing a commitment from Briana Davis, a defender in the 2016 class from Temple. Again, I don't see anything about this commitment anywhere else.
redd38
AG
Found a tweet confirming the Briana Davis commitment... http://twitter.com/TarranLisenbe/status/433299261548003329
EclipseAg
AG
Looks like Briana Davis goes to Belton High School and plays for Lonestar's U16 ECNL team.

She was defensive MVP in high school this past season.

Second Deck
Thanks for the Update
RhodeAg
AG
Yes...thanks for the update. Hope HiddenAg is OK.
EclipseAg
AG
Olivia Ausmus, Challenge ECNL 99, announced her commitment to the Aggies today.

She's a goalkeeper who graduates (from Klein High School) in 2017.

Seems really early to commit ... not even a sophomore yet.

http://instagram.com/p/qxj5RIllgh/

[This message has been edited by EclipseAg (edited 7/22/2014 8:26p).]

EclipseAg
AG
Top Drawer Soccer says Olivia Ausmus is the 15th ranked 2017 player in Texas, and the 10th overall keeper in the Class of '17.
redd38
AG
Nice pickup to start the 2017 class.
jessexy
AG
Jordan Hill (Greg Hill's daughter) has recently been playing midfield. a big move from outside back where she was just using her athleticism to man-mark. now's she's playing a defensive role in front of the center backs and breaking up plays & distributing. she doesn't really get forward, but I saw her hit a rocket into the top corner from about 35 yards out. She can appear lazy but when she gets going, she really gets going. starting to focus more on the field too, which is probably coming from playing in the middle where she's got to be more active.

she was the top DFW scorer in the HS season before they lost in the playoffs. bottom line, she's legit.
redd38
AG
Kendall Ritchie, a midfielder in the 2015 class, has committed to the Aggies. She's from Austin and it seems like she only plays high school soccer for Westlake, not club soccer.
TRM
AG
redd,
Kendall plays for Lonestar SC.
Penaltykick
Looks like she is a teammate of Claudette Lassandro at Lonestar (ECNL). Late add for 2015.
redd38
AG
cool thanks
CDub06
redd38
AG
Apparently Amethyst Kelly goes by "Amy"
HiddenAg2
Updated with new commits. Hard to find any information on the late 2015 additions.
Penaltykick
Couple of quick comments on the 2015 commits - Crabtree is now playing for Dallas Sting with Kate Hajdu. Sting is the defending ECNL champions, having rolled through last season (conference and post conference) undefeated. Hajdu is a major component of that squad and IMHO grossly underrated by TDS. Both will have a LOT of big game experience by the time they arrive at A&M. Mia Hummel will skip her Senior HS season and final club season to rehab a knee injury. Also cannot locate much info on the late adds, but may not be looking in the right places. This seems like a very good but maybe not spectacular class. If a few "breakout stars" come out of it, Ags will be in good shape.
CDub06
AG
Thanks for the updates
Penaltykick
2015 Commits Kate Hajdu and Ally Watt have been called in to U-20 National camp. Congrats!
jessexy
AG
I think I posted this earlier but couldn't find it. Jordan Hill has been playing holding mid for Sting and plays forward for her HS team. She played outside back for the FCDY program, but I know she likes being in the middle more than defending. When playing as a defender, she just uses her athleticism to not get beat. IMO, she's a better center mid and can hit a long range shot on frame to keep the GK honest. It prolly also keeps her into the game more by allowing her to sneak forward a little bit with some cover behind her. she's a great athlete that has become a better soccer player in the last few seasons.
CDub06
AG
Good info. Thanks!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Penaltykick
Saw on the NCAA Recruiting website that G has landed a verbal from Quinn Murphy for 2017. Looks like she has National Team experience - TDS National ranking #103.

Any intel, Hidden?
redd38
AG

Penaltykick
Nice day for G, with another 2017 commitment - Addison McCain from Texas - another midfielder with National Pool experience and looks like a TDS Top 25 recruit ...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.