Recruiting Update

361,432 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
AgGermany
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
The 2013 class is pretty underwhelming

redd38
AG
Ashley Soccer wouldn't have made 2013 not underwhelming
AgGermany
AG
quote:
FC Barcelona has small midfielders. They do OK against taller ones

Not today...

... O, ya, adding Top 100 players to our roster would do nothing but keep it underwhelming?

[This message has been edited by AgGermany (edited 4/23/2013 9:25p).]
redd38
AG
Yeah, if Ashley was closer to a top 25 player than a top 100 player then we could talk about the class being better than underwhelming. But she's not, so yeah... it would still be underwhelming with her.
AgGermany
AG
Just making sure I continue to understand your analysis and the basis for it.

So, to follow through, just delete a Top 100 player from our projected 2014 and 2015 classes and it really makes no difference to your anaylsis of those classes.

Got it!
CDub06
AG
I think he's saying adding such a player won't bring the class up significantly. And it won't.

Especially one that didnt want to play for A&M.
redd38
AG
quote:
Just making sure I continue to understand your analysis and the basis for it.

So, to follow through, just delete a Top 100 player from our projected 2014 and 2015 classes and it really makes no difference to your anaylsis of those classes.

Got it!

The 2014 class has two girls in the top 10! And another girl in the top 75. So no, a player ranked 80th or whatever Ashley is ranked now wouldn't change the status of that class one way or the other. It would be nice to have her, but it doesn't really change the class. It's still just behind the elite teams. Adding Ashley to that class doesn't put us at the same level as Stanford or Duke or ND or UNC.
AgGermany
AG
I actually agree with you for the most part. But I don't think that G is capable of building a culture like UNC, Stanford, or ND. I also don't think he is capable of assembling enough talent to overcome his deficiencies.
sharpdressedman
quote:
I also don't think he is capable of assembling enough talent to overcome his deficiencies.

Exactly on-point.
redd38
AG
Lol, agreeing with AgGermany is a good way to show you know what you're talking about.
AgGermany
AG
Not following you... Is our class ranked #15 (top drawer), second in the SEC, and that's underwhelming or that is good? Are we ranked 50th or 15th?

I already understand how you evaluate individual players and their potential at the next level regardless of their place on US National Team player pool, or having seen them play and practice.

Surely Coach G can turn it on and fulfill our destiny as a Soccer Elite school!

redd38
AG
so now you care about TDS's rankings? but not when they ranked Ashley Soccer?
HiddenAg2
Updated recent commitments for 2015. Another solid Top 100 type prospect in Kate Hadju and an interesting prospect in Ally Watt, one of the nation's top sprinters. 2015 is looking like a very good class to follow up 2014's elite class.
CDub06
agot79
AG
appreciate the updates as always
fletch01
AG
Thanks Hidden. Appreciate you sharing the info.
redd38
AG
Just heard Greg Hill say on the radio that he's trying to get his daughter to player soccer at A&M. She's currently ranked as the #3 player in Texas for the 2016 class and #14 defender in the nation.
CDub06
AG
That would be cool.
redd38
AG
This is the future of Aggie athletics; Great Aggie athletes producing great Aggie athlete children.
AgGermany
AG

[This message has been edited by AgGermany (edited 7/7/2013 3:35p).]
redd38
AG
Why do you care who our coach is? Aren't you going to be going to all the games of the 2013 National Champion Baylor Bears?
AgGermany
AG

[This message has been edited by AgGermany (edited 7/7/2013 3:35p).]
Carnwellag2
We have better coaches than Baylor except they missed on Ashley soccer, right???
AgGermany
AG
We should all want to have the best coach, players, and record in the state, and at least our region!

We already have the best school!

[This message has been edited by AgGermany (edited 7/7/2013 3:36p).]
Carnwellag2
German- huh? what makes you think so. They had 1 season of making it to the sweet 16 and already you think they are better?

this is the same logic that had carmichael from OSU as a better coach because he had a good 2 years.

our coaches have been consistently good for 10 or more years
redd38
AG
Don't listen to AgGermany, he's a known idiot.
AgGermany
AG

[This message has been edited by AgGermany (edited 7/7/2013 3:36p).]
CDub06
AG
Stop ruining this thread with your nonsense. That's not what this thread is for.
AgGermany
AG
Let's hope Greg Hill can get his daughter to play here!
CDub06
brokendownkeeper
Recruiting and ranking classes in soccer is silly. There are 300+ women's Div 1 soccer programs in the Nation. Each has only 12 full scholarships to partial out in dollars as the school wants. Some schools carry 30 players while others only carry 19. Coaches recruit to need more than to talent but the elite schools will always get the "alleged" superstars. Intersting is this group of Aggie players in the 2013 signing class are all champions or played in winning cultures in HS and/or club soccer nationally. To me that is worth way more than following a recruiting survey put on by some hack at TDS who has never seen 85% of the players. Someday, I will reveal myself and give you some real facts. Let's just say this if a player was born in in 1993 or 1994 they are 4 x least likly to play on a National Team than a 1992 or 1995 birth year player. The reason is those are the age groups for cycle ranges in the Youth National teams that follow the international dates. Basically a kid born on 12/31/94 is identical to someone born on 1/1/95 but under the standard they are not eligible. Lots of great players are left out and never get the chance until the U20 or U23 teams. I know perosnally because my kid was told if she were a month younger she would be the one of top players in that pool/position group. But as such she was competing with girls three yrs older than her for a spot in a US Nat team Pool for the 1992-1994 age groups.
redd38
AG
quick, someone look up the birthdays of all the girls on the team to figure out who's parent this is :p
CDub06
AG
Way too early 2015 Recruiting Rankings from AWK:

http://www.allwhitekit.com/?p=11906#more-11906

quote:
1. Stanford
2. North Carolina
3. Notre Dame
4. Penn State
5. Duke
6. Tennessee
7. UCLA
8. Virginia
9. Santa Clara
10. Kentucky

11. Pepperdine
12. Florida State
13. Colorado
14. Wake Forest
15. Yale
16. Texas A&M
17. Washington
18. Michigan
19. Northwestern
20. Providence
21. Washington State
22. Boston College
23. TCU
24. Auburn
25. Oklahoma
CDub06
AG
And his recruiting rankings for 2014:

http://www.allwhitekit.com/?p=11915#more-11915

quote:
“Five-Star Recruits”

Gabrielle Matulich – UCLA
Morgan Reid – Duke
Sarah Robinson – Stanford
Andi Sullivan – Stanford

1. Stanford
2. Duke
3. UCLA
4. Notre Dame
5. Cal
6. Texas A&M
7. Penn State
8. Harvard
9. North Carolina
10. LSU
CDub06
AG
AWK's final 2013 rankings:

http://www.allwhitekit.com/?p=11957#more-11957

He has A&M at 45 in this one. LSU is #14 with Summer Clarke his player to watch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.