WTB: Sports Cards

19,763 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ChiefKiefton
FamousAgg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Double post
FamousAgg
Got my Brady back!
drwong
AG
KorbinDallas said:

Got my Brady back!

Nice, you mailed it in to PSA and didn't have any problems? Which tier did you use if you don't mind me asking?
FamousAgg
So it was sent through University Sports Cards in CS. It cost me about $350, so I think it's the "Super Express". No issues I'm aware of, but I'm now seeing that the autograph was not graded, just the card, so I'm not sure if that's a problem or not.
drwong
AG
KorbinDallas said:

So it was sent through University Sports Cards in CS. It cost me about $350, so I think it's the "Super Express". No issues I'm aware of, but I'm now seeing that the autograph was not graded, just the card, so I'm not sure if that's a problem or not.
I think there are separate grades for autographs and cards but I could be wrong. The whole thing is somewhat of a scam to me.
Rossticus
KorbinDallas said:

They certainly should have had the autograph authenticated while there, or at least given you the option. If it was your understanding that the sig would be authenticated and the card would be graded, double check with them. Without authentication the autograph means bupkus.
Admittedly, there's a risk in any course we follow, but every lesson of history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face, that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight or surrender. If we continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demand, the ultimatum.
FamousAgg
I wish it had been graded as IMO the auto is 10/10, I'm not sure about the last statement that the auto is worthless is correct, it's an on card Auto from the factory. So if the card is authentic the auto is authentic. But the autographs are of varying quality, There are some examples on eBay of autographs that have smudges, streaks or breaks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Tom-Brady-Fleer-autographics-RC-BGS-6-auto-BGS-8-/383949248074?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
aggiepaintrain
AG
Psa may not have offered cross grading at the time, it would have been nice to get a 9 or 10 on the auto though especially since you spend $350+ to grade it.

It's obviously authentic so I don't think that not having a grade hurts that much. 7 seems generous with the centering.

What do you want for it?
FJB
FamousAgg
Not wanting to sell now, I'm wanting to hold onto it for another year or two, and see when he decides to retire, and maybe wait for his HOF induction. Unfortunately, I have some sentimental attachment to the card since I pulled it from a pack as a kid back in 2000 from a local card shop in Downtown Llano Texas. I still remember the gentleman who ran that place, "Mr. Dan", good memories.

Here is a current listing, but a "silver" version numbered to 250, it's at $4,100 with 8 days left on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Fleer-Tradition-Autographics-Silver-Tom-Brady-ROOKIE-RC-AUTO-250-PSA-7-/402921704315?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
aggiepaintrain
AG
auto not graded on that one as well
FJB
Mike Elko
AG
To get back on track: Interested in baseball, football, and basketball cards. If looking to get rid of any, please let me know: donothassle@gmail.com.

Thanks.
Rossticus
AustinAg2012 said:

To get back on track: Interested in baseball, football, and basketball cards. If looking to get rid of any, please let me know: donothassle@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Slowly starting to pull some of my older stuff. Any interest in 1960s Topps? Some PSA graded, some not. All straight, sharp, clean. Pulled my full 1980 Topps (higher grade than last round), 1991 Upper Deck. 1991 Score. Will slowly be pulling more years and will let you know as I get stuff back from PSA.
Admittedly, there's a risk in any course we follow, but every lesson of history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face, that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight or surrender. If we continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demand, the ultimatum.
Mike Elko
AG
Replied on our previous email thread. Thanks, Ross.
NoahAg
_lefraud_ said:

Hijack here, but does anyone have Startling Lineup Figure collections they want to part with? Produced by Kenner (Hasbro) from 1988 to 2001. I've introduced these to my son and he absolutely loves them.
Man, I'll have to remember where they are. Only had a few. Pete Rose sliding head first was cool.
Rossticus
NoahAg said:

_lefraud_ said:

Hijack here, but does anyone have Startling Lineup Figure collections they want to part with? Produced by Kenner (Hasbro) from 1988 to 2001. I've introduced these to my son and he absolutely loves them.
Man, I'll have to remember where they are. Only had a few. Pete Rose sliding head first was cool.

I may be able to get my hands on a couple of Nolan Ryans. No idea what the market is for them though. What's a fair price?
aggiegolfer03
AG
Don't worry about the auto not being graded, no one cares, and that grade can only hurt the value really.

The fact they slabbed it (with about as good a grade as you could hope for honestly) is good enough for almost all people who would buy that.
Rossticus
aggiegolfer03 said:

Don't worry about the auto not being graded, no one cares, and that grade can only hurt the value really.

The fact they slabbed it (with about as good a grade as you could hope for honestly) is good enough for almost all people who would buy that.

Good info.
Sit Down Rando
AG
I have mid/late 90's baseball, basketball and football cards. Various sets, all in penny sleeves, most ungraded. A couple PSA slabbed Brady rookies (graded 6 & 8), located in Cypress. Willing to sell whole set or individually.

m a r k dot r a n d @ m e dot c o m
FamousAgg
_lefraud_ said:

I have a few in BCS available. Viv 6806 at gmail

spursfan80
If anyone is still looking for any starting lineups let me know. Im in the process of listing a bunch on ebay right now, but would much prefer someone here to have them. None that are high value, but I have lots of bkb, fb, and baseball available.

I also have some "better" ones of Jordan, Griffey Jr, etc if anyone is interested in those.

You can text me at 9 seven 9 2 too 9 2 three 0 one
gigemJTH12
AG
I have a sh*t load of 90's cards in a binder. mostly baseball but some basketball. No idea what they are worth. whats the best way to get someone to see if I have anything worth a damn?
Rossticus
gigemJTH12 said:

I have a sh*t load of 90's cards in a binder. mostly baseball but some basketball. No idea what they are worth. whats the best way to get someone to see if I have anything worth a damn?

First thing, write down which sets (year/manufacturers) you have cards from. Post here or feel free to PM. I can walk you through it step by step after that and give you some links to check out.
gigemJTH12
AG
I'll do that! thanks. all the cards are opened and in sleeves. I am not sure what sets means. but I will take some pics of some of my pages in the binder and see if you think what I have is even worth looking into!
Rossticus
gigemJTH12 said:

I'll do that! thanks. all the cards are opened and in sleeves. I am not sure what sets means. but I will take some pics of some of my pages in the binder and see if you think what I have is even worth looking into!

The set is most generally the year the card was printed and the maker/publisher. 1993 Topps, 1989 Fleer, etc. The year is usually printed on the back of the card in small print. There are some specialty and subsets but we won't get into that unless we need to.
Mike Elko
AG
Welp, looks like someone already offered their take. Good luck.
Rossticus
AustinAg2012 said:

Welp, looks like someone already offered their take. Good luck.

Feel free to chime in or take over. I was just trying to be helpful. Not looking to buy or anything. Didn't mean to step on your toes.
gigemJTH12
AG
would appreciate yours too!
FamousAgg
I stared a new thread in "other sports" for general discussion of the hobby. We can try not to derail OPs thread.

https://texags.com/forums/10/topics/3208986
Max06
AG
What's the best way to market a large volume of loose cards?

Mike Elko
AG
Oh, no problem! Feel free to share all helpful info. You just beat me to the punch... I could've sworn I clicked the smiley face emoji before posting that reply. My bad.
Mike Elko
AG
He knows what he's talking about, so following his advice is a good bet. Searching online is always an easy way to gauge a card's value (eBay Completed Items, PSA database, etc.), but if you're not sure which of your cards are worth researching, that could get old real fast.
Mike Elko
AG
Depending on how much you want to break up the collection, there's eBay (mostly for individual cards or smaller lots), Craigslist (large collections posted there frequently), and marketplace apps (5Miles, Mercari, etc.). Or, if there's a card/memorabilia shop nearby. Where are you located?
Max06
Max06
AG
Halfway between San Antonio and Victoria
Mike Elko
AG
Not too far apart. Are the cards mostly football and basketball? And how many total (rough estimate)? Thanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.