Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jaxson, score one for Poppa

33,758 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by frog_killer
AgDoc04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great post.
Echoes97
AG
So proud to have Jaxson as a representative of Texas A&M. Players like him are few and far between, no doubt he is probably the toughest SOB on that team. I'll never forget watching him knock the crap out of people and never miss a beat, even with a cast and all his injuries and pain. Absolute warrior, defensive leader and our secondary just won't be the same next year. Like McNeal behind center, it's just not the same without #19 out there patrolling the secondary. Looking forward to a fantastic senior season!
fossil_ag
AG
Another Ag Legend is born. This story will live on forever. Good Bull.
maggiedad0304
S
From the outside looking in.......

Special people in a special place
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Great story!
txag72
AG
That's OK, Mrs. Appel, the same guys who say Jaxson is too slow also said Chris Walker should be benched when he was the heart and soul of the basketball team last year.
Matthew__99
The only thing that makes me smile more than this wonderful story is the thought of what Jaxson and the Crew are going to do to opposing offenses for the rest of this season!

God Bless the Appel family and here's to a great senior season for Jaxson!!!
busmasterjones91
AG
I have nothing to add, other than thanks to all involved for sharing Jaxson's story.

I support my Aggies 100% win or lose, without complaint and without reservation.
Win At Life
AG
Good bull!
PatriotAg02
AG
Once again we get a great story from another great person that represents our school. Jaxson is the example that other kids can look up to so they can achieve their dreams, no matter what they must face in the process. Thanks for sharing.

Being a coach as well, I agree that it is this type of player that you need on your team to have a successful one.
Boozoo
AG
Very touching!

I hope whoever took that picture has a copy worthy of an 8x10 print. That right there is the making of a cherished life long family memory for the Appel's and Lowe's and I hope they can each get a framed print to look at when those tears come up... the ones that will surely come to their eyes whenever they recall it. No matter what he does in life, that's one of those "defining moments" y'all will always look back on. Here's to #19 and best wishes that he continues having many more defining moments to come. He certainly deserves it.

RPatrick
I'll never forget this TD !
OrygunAg
AG
Truly Good Bull. Not sure if the Ralph Lowe I knew in Friendswood was Jaxson's Grandpa, but seems like it is. When I was a kid we lived behind his house (he was the former mayor of Friendswood). He would always let us use his land to get to the creek and would come out and talk with us while we fished and crabbed. He had 'Ralphs Toy Box' painted on his garage (never saw the cars). Always was a nice guy and good to see that Jaxson is a chip of the ole block.
AG77ICS
AG
Outstanding. I'll bet Poppa was cheering from the fourth deck.
iehly06
zoid77
dammit ... mom got me.

I made it through the initial story okay, but mom coaxed out some man tears. I felt like Cuba at the end of Jerry McGuire.
rustybq99
AG
Thank You for Voting
Thank you for submitting your vote to TexAgs.com

Currently, your vote is the 108 vote in support of this message.
pirmag
AG
Jaxson Appel is not only a very good football player but also seems to be a very good person. We are lucky to have him.
AnalogyAg
Coach Fran has often commented about Jaxson being the kind of man that every parent would dream about as a son. We may debate various skills of each player here, but I don't think there is anyone that would argue that Jaxson is not one helluva player, and an even better person. He makes you proud to be an Aggie. I could only hope that my own sons would grow up with at least some of his qualities. Here's to a healthy and successful senior season, and beyond- Godspeed to your family!
C-2 92
76Ag
AG
This is the prime example of why we should only post positives about our players. They're ours and they're someone's son (or daughter). Now, the coaches may be a different matter...

"I'd rather be a Texas Aggie"

[This message has been edited by 76Ag (edited 9/20/2005 7:41a).]
fossil_ag
Frag
AgGrad99
AG
Greatness!

And mom, could you get grandma to request a Big 12 Championship while she's at it?...Thanks
Whiskey Before Breakfast
classof08
AG
I've read it Mrs. Appel's story 4 times and I have gotten chills every time. Absolutely amazing, and thank you for sharing.
CUwhenitburns04
James Walker `02
AG
Good Bull
Decay
AG
Thanks for the incredible response guys. Most of my thanks goes to Mrs. Appel for what might just be the post of the year!

...I'd have said this yesterday but I used up all of my posts arguing about throwing on the run and Freshman play time. Oops.
aggiedad04
S
The odds of this all coming together are unreal. Good Bull!
Oh Four Five
AG
It's only half way down the page, but I'm gonna bump it anyway.
fossil_ag
MW_111
Wow, good bull.
Tyler
Gosh, he makes me proud.
Burbank
AG
Wow...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.