Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jaxson, score one for Poppa

33,761 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by frog_killer
GarlandAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jaxson may not be the biggest or the fastest, but I'll take him on my team any day!
war hymn aggie
AG
feelgood post of the year.

Jaxson is the epitome of what being a good Aggie is all about.
Bluto
AG
Best post ever!
rcb05
AG
Make that 3 times now I've read this thread and gotten teary-eyed.
Post removed:
by user
David_Puddy
Stupe
AMReasons
AG
That is absolutely excellent. Good bull.
aggie_2001_2005
makes me wish he could stay around a little bit longer
Matt in DFW
I was going to call my wife and tell this story but it's so moving I don't think I can talk being choked up like this, thank y'all for sharing this. The wife will just have to read this amazing story herself.
Tag77
When Jaxson was a senior in hs, we went to watch him play in Pasadena in a play-off game against OWS. He didnt have his normal 100+ rushing day nor did he do anything special on defense and my wife told me she didnt think he was that special.

Since that time she has grown to be his number 1 fan and also wants a copy of the picture. Everytime I show her the picture she starts crying but not as much as Adrian Peterson after he met Jaxson.

BEST THREAD OF ALL TIME!

heavens11
AG
Good Bull
WatchOle
Staff
AG
What a wonderful story -- thanks for sharing!!
CajunAg97
AG
I had the privilege of sitting by Jaxson's parents at the Shriners' California-Texas All-Star Game (in 2000 I believe) at Mt Sac in So Calif. He was clearly one of the better players on the field that day, and his parents couldn't have been nicer. Good bull!
txaggie002
AG
Great thread
3 Toed Pete
AG
And Amos deserves some thanks for making that play possible.
Proudest Grasshopper
S
Good Bull.

AGGIE2207
AG
GOOD BULL
Ultimate Aggie
RK
AG
i seem to have gotten some dust in my eye.....
Ultimate Aggie
quote:
Thank you for submitting your vote to TexAgs.com

Currently, your vote is the 91 vote in support of this message.
bigjag19
AG
I've met his parents at church back in Friendswood before. And I do remember the days he was a running back, quite dominant.
Smithjg
I sat behind the Appel family at the M&W game after his RS season. I will never forget Mrs. Appel jumping up and screaming every time that Jaxon was in on a play. She was busy that day and must be in GREAT SHAPE after four years of watching Jaxon play at A&M. I would love to have seen her on game days his RS fish season!!!
Jaxon has always been one of my favorite players, since the first time I ever saw his pic, he has reminded me of my nephew Paul (a fish at A&M now). Paul has played every sport with the same intensity and heart as Jaxon and they look very similar. This past season as my dad was dying of cancer, Paul's team advanced well into the playoffs and Paul dedicated every game to my dad, his grandfather. Down by six with 17 seconds left against Hallettsville Sacred Heart, the punt was blocked and Paul scooped it up and scored the tying TD. Muenster missed the extra point, but won in OT on two straight carries by Paul. After the game, Paul hugged my dad and cried for 5 solid minutes, he kept telling my dad, "I Get to play again Pawpaw, I get to play again". My dad held Paul as he could not quit sobbing. Dad died in July.
So once again, my nephew and Jaxon are mirroring each other.....
watcholady
AG
Thank you so much for sharing your story!
gnglonghorn
Mam, I want you to know that I am a longhorn student with love for A&M (the rest of my family are aggies). I plan on being a football coach when I graduate. Your son is the epitome of what I believe a football player and a person should be. He is not the fastest, nor the strongest. He simply has the biggest heart and that is worth more than anything else. There is no other player, Longhorn, Aggie or anyone else, that I respect more. He is an example to all of his teammates and I think I speak for everyone else when I say that it has been our PRIVILAGE to be able to watch him over the last four years. So thank you for sharing your story and your son with us.

[This message has been edited by gnglonghorn (edited 9/19/2005 6:42p).]
12sMIGUEL
Cypress Ag
AG
As a football coach I know that the best teams I have ever coached had three things; ability, teamwork, and courage. Jaxson is the kind of player and leader that exudes all of those.

Gig 'Em, and thanks for representing A&M with pride.
ght
AG
Awesome story.
Latrobe
AG
Jaxson is the shiznit!!!

I only hope I can raise up my boy to be as good a man as he.
Human
AG
He has secured his place in Ag football lore as one of those "special" players with a heart as big as Kyle Field.

Gig 'em Jaxon, Gig 'em.

[This message has been edited by More-or-Less Ag (edited 9/19/2005 7:34p).]
Swabbie02
AG
SWEET
Aggieland Proud
98Centerpole
aviator_aggie02
AG
Thanks for sharing
OlSarge95
AG
Best. Thread. Ever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.