Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Thamel on Finebaum: "Jimbo to LSU"

39,363 Views | 243 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
Post removed:
by user
BimsAg24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All talk, dude knows nothing
#Mke
AG
Woodward would be stupid not to pursue Jimbo, and I am sure he will. Just not sure if Jimbo will accept.
Post removed:
by user
taylorswift13
AG
Joke.
Seanzy2012
AG
#Mke said:

Woodward would be stupid not to pursue Jimbo, and I am sure he will. Just not sure if Jimbo will accept.

This is my thought as well. There will be an offer. But would Jimbo take it? Doubtful.
pablof
Possible they would try, not that they would succeed …
amercer
AG
If LSU wants to pay him 15 million a year, and Jimbo wants to go, then I think we thank him for the hard work and wish him luck.

Maybe I'm just tired of having to fire coaches when they stay too long.
Nino Brown
Rendered Fat said:

Pete Thamel just said on Finebaum that it is realistic and very possible that LSU hires Fisher from A&M. Says LSU is the better job and Woodward is going to pursue him first. Says the money doesn't matter.

Did anyone ask him if he'd take a pay cut to work for a ****tier company? Since money doesn't matter and all after throwing **** up against a wall.

It's highly realistic that I finally bang a Victoria's Secret model if I hit the Mega.
taylorswift13
AG
Jimbo just took down the number one team in the country and the number one coach in the history of this sport in front of 106,000 fans and 7 million at home all while making 9 million a year in a state where his ranch is and family is. GTFO here with that nonsense. Jimbo is here, and is here to stay possibly till he retires. Jimbo loves Texas A&M and Texas A&M loves Jimbo. Period.
Flashdiaz
AG
so what is Jimbo going to follow Woodward around like a puppy?
rootube
AG
I guess we can stop calling for heads of the folks who gave him a raise. What a difference a couple of days make.
Post removed:
by user
TikkaShooter
Quote:

Jimbo just took down the number one team in the country and the number one coach in the history of this sport in front of 106,000 fans and 7 million at home all while making 9 million a year in a state where his ranch is and family is. GTFO here with that nonsense. Jimbo is here, and is here to stay possibly till he retires. Jimbo loves Texas A&M and Texas A&M loves Jimbo. Period.

1988 called. They want their CFB coaching logic back.
Randyag15
AG
So the buy out on Ed O, then LSU would have to pay the buy out to A&M to get Jimbo correct? We just redid his contract for another 10 years. LSU is not that flush.
The Collective
AG
They can have him for $15 million. We can do just fine hiring a coach here for 8 digits.
riverrataggie
AG
taylorswift13 said:

He quoted about anyone would be crazy to not want to play here. I get that it's recruiting and coach speak but I think he's honest in this statement.

He's been to LSU. He knows what it's like.
The Collective
AG
Randyag15 said:

So the buy out on Ed O, then LSU would have to pay the buy out to A&M to get Jimbo correct? We just redid his contract for another 10 years. LSU is not that flush.

The buyout to voluntarily leave isn't typically the same as the full contract value that is usually owed when firing a coach.
OKC~Ag
LSU have that much ca$h???

They have to offer jimbo >10 million$ per year or may be close to Saban money...
Jimbo has to account state income tax etc...Doubt jimbo jumps for mere bump in $ for crazier fan base...

Seriously compare to LSU, we are pretty benign...jimbo know that
oysterbayAG
AG
Jimbo loves everything about Aggieland and is comfortably settled in, having created a winning powerhouse of a program with unlimited potential. No way he starts over again at LSU or anywhere else !
FriscoKid
AG
The last coach to get hired away from TAMU for a "better job" was Bear Bryant. Coaches don't get stolen from us. We fire them or they retire.

(Cross posting to this thread too because it needs repeating)

The BAS is strong.
rootube
AG
I Have Spoken said:

They can have him for $15 million. We can do just fine hiring a coach here for 8 digits.
Technically we have done that before. The only sure fire coaches who are on Jimbo's level aren't leaving. Let's just focus on making him never want to leave thanks.
spherical
AG
Did we fire stallings?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Jimbo Fisher is establishing a culture at Texas A&M. He led us to a win over Alabama in front of 106,000 fans for the greatest ever win at Kyle Field. There is no way he would leave Texas A&M for LSU or any other school for that matter before retiring. This will be Jimbo's final stop of his career, and nothing will change that.
taylorswift13
AG
Rendered Fat said:

taylorswift13 said:

Jimbo loves Texas A&M

How do we know this for sure?
are you dumb or deaf lmao
FriscoKid
AG
spherical said:

Did we fire stallings?
yes
amercer
AG
rootube said:

I Have Spoken said:

Technically we have done that before. The only sure fire coaches who are on Jimbo's level aren't leaving. Let's just focus on making him never want to leave thanks.

Urban always has his finger in the air (or something)
RGLAG85
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Uniformed jabs meant to nip at A&Ms current momentum by casting doubt on the future of the program.

Ignore this guy.
Ding..... ding...... ding, and with Finebaum egging it on because his beloved Tide lost.
Thomas Jefferson: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
aggiehawg
AG
FriscoKid said:

The last coach to get hired away from TAMU for a "better job" was Bear Bryant. Coaches don't get stolen from us. We fire them or they retire.

(Cross posting to this thread too because it needs repeating)

The BAS is strong.
LOL. The only two head coaches that we have fired in recent years to not hang around anyway were Fran ad Sumlin. Sherrill, Stallings and RC are still around. Bellard hung around until he died, if I'm not mistaken. (I might be missing one, wasn't Wilson in there after Bellard for a couple of years?)

ETA: Stallings and Sherrill went onto coach at other programs but came back to hang around. later.
Bryanisbest
AG
Rendered Fat said:

taylorswift13 said:

Jimbo loves Texas A&M

We know it because he is a human being with normal human emotions and desires. What has there been not for him to love about Texas A&M: salary, facilities, Aggie network, 12th man, Kyle Field best environment in US, well paid coaches, and he has worked hard to build our program but is not there yet.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Rendered Fat said:

taylorswift13 said:

Jimbo loves Texas A&M

The dude is an absolute culture fit. He owns cattle and buys them at auctions himself. He owns a ranch and spends time out there in his free time.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Thamel said that he didn't think it would happen, but Jimbo would be at the top of Woodward's list. He said one reason that Jimbo might take it is that Saban, Miles and O all won national championships at LSU and that is much easier to do at LSU than A&M. He didn't think money would be an issue for LSU.
TAM85
Rendered Fat said:

taylorswift13 said:

Jimbo loves Texas A&M

Love is a funny thing, you just know.
WorkTogetherAgs
AG
Just trying to find any way to slow us down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.