Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Thamel on Finebaum: "Jimbo to LSU"

39,629 Views | 243 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
Hehateme1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DallasAg03 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Jimbo is buying cattle at a solid rate. He loves his ranch. He ain't going nowhere.

Jimbo ain't leaving but he ain't staying bc of a cattle ranch he could fly to on the weekends.
He coaches the football on the weekends
IBombedTheMoon
AG
FNMikey said:

DallasAg03 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Jimbo is buying cattle at a solid rate. He loves his ranch. He ain't going nowhere.

Jimbo ain't leaving but he ain't staying bc of a cattle ranch he could fly to on the weekends.
He coaches the football on the weekends

In a town close to his ranch. For now… *dramatic music*
OldAg68
AG
Relax - he's not leaving here.
PipelineMoeNorman
How do you know?
MooreTrucker
AG
PipelineMoeNorman said:

How do you know?

Why are you even thinking he might?
Shoefly!
AG
West Point Aggie said:

What does Maroon Dawn have to say?

There's your barometer…

Yes, he predicted a sip win and Aggie loss. I remember.
Buck Turgidson
Win At Life said:

Yeah, Jimbo wants to leave a school that just bumped him to 10-year $100MM guaranteed, and go to a school that fires its head coach 18 months after winning a National Championship.
Exactly. Why would any big name coach go to LSU where they will run him out of town the first time he has a slightly down year?
Glenlivet
AG
I think lsu hires Billy Napier...or maybe they'll go after the genius in austin... herman's twin, sark
Bring n WOOD
AG
Who in their right mind would want to leave A&M now when King/Weigman gonna Tear up Dat Bootay on the grid iron for YEARS to come??? Whooooop!!!!
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
We were firing Jimbo last week lol
roboag
AG
Saban to t.u. Remember that?
HoustonAg2106
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

And there were articles out there about how dumb we were for giving Jimbo a raise and not getting enough out of him.
Ian Neff
AG
With Every D1 game we win moar mentals say this nonsense
MooreTrucker
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

And those who said that are just dumb.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Glenlivet said:

I think lsu hires Billy Napier...or maybe they'll go after the genius in austin... herman's twin, sark
Napier or Aranda are much more realistic names in the conversation than Jimbo.
SEC Champs
AG
Thamel won't let this go. He went all-in on Jimbo to LSU, and he keeps stirring the pot like this article today. When LSU gets another coach, this guy deserves to be pummeled and completely discredited.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2021-college-football-coaching-carousel-get-ready-for-a-chaotic-transformational-whirlwind-of-movement-191536455.html
lil_frog8
AG
If Jimbo goes anywhere we would just promote Elko and get the best offensive mind to come in and coordinate. Imagine how scary this team would be with a higher powered offense. (Not that it's not great now but it's very traditional)
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Peter Thamel will keep saying it until LSU hires their next head coach.
TyperWoods
Napier wants the LSU job.

And if the others turn it down, he'll get it.
HoustonAg2106
AG
TyperWoods said:

If they end up with Napier I will laugh because I'm pretty sure that is their 5th or 6th choice (after Mel Tucker for sure).
fightintxaggie10
AG
Guys, it comes down to does he want to leave what he has to coach at LSU for the sake of being at LSU. We won't be beat in compensation dept. that's a joke.

Jimbo is target number 1 for LSU. Anyone else that isn't him wasn't the hire Scott wanted. I trust what Billy knows, and he isn't leaving.
NowhereMan
Media is desperate
jonb02
AG
Also LSU is a dumpster fire right now. Players in trouble and whatnot. Jimbo is all ours.
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” - John Adams

“It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they’ve been fooled” - Mark Twain
Spyderman
AG
PaulTony said:

Media is desperate
The State of LA is desperate.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Funny, I posted another article from Thamel and it got deleted
rootube
AG
Here is where we stand.

Mel Tucker has reportedly signed an extension with Michigan St.

Jimbo, Dabo, and Riley currently have better jobs

Next man up.
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
Yesterday or today, somebody tracked a flight from BR to Norman; EVERY LSU fan was certain that Woodward was locking-up Riley, especially when Riley was a no show (or tardy) for his weekly press conference at some point this week. HOWEVER, it turns out the flight was the former CEO of the Cracker Barrell gas station chain visiting his daughter, who is a student at OU.

This evening, reports from a Detroit disc jockey are Tucker is finalizing a deal to remain at Michigan State, even though EVERYONE in sports media agreed that if offered, Tucker would bolt to LSU. The same level of eagerness is seen in Napier, who just last month was making PR stops around BR; I wonder why???

What's lost on the talking heads' primary reason for Jimbo to leave for LSU (aside from his friendship with Woodward), which is the perceived ease of winning a championship at LSU vs at A&M, may be negated this year if A&M is somehow even lucky enough to find themselves in the playoff. So how would they spin that development, and even more so in light of A&M's recruiting momentum?

I have no doubt Jimbo would be a primary target for a lot of schools, but worrying about whether Jimbo stays or leaves is pointless; I just hope the A&M brass has a plan in place to try and prevent it (rather than rolling over like they did with the SEC's admittance of OU & t.u.), AND if God forbid it does happen, that Bjork & Co make an even more impressive hire!
AJ2003
Thamel? Who? Beat writer looking for followers? Yeah, I'm a pass.

Stop playing their game.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Our BMAs need to step up. 8 of 9 regents and administration couldn't do anything but welcome Texas to the sec
NavyAg92
AG
Riley, Napier or Tucker. Tucker's extension can be had. Thamel is a clown. He's talking out of his azz. Quit listening to him.

Jumbo isn't going anywhere. He's made that clear and his wife doesn't want to leave either. Happy wife, happy life.

He's about to land more 5* recruits. Shemar the second week of Dec. - good possibility. No other targets are looking elsewhere because they've been reassured that Jimbo isn't leaving A&M.

Now stop the silly talk and focus on Ole Miss. We need this win, badly. Put the hurt on Corral.
DTX_12
AG
Everyone here believes in main stream media bias yet we all fall for the same trap. Jimbo + LSU = clicks and ad revenue. It's literally that simple.

Think about it from Jimbos perspective. Why would you go to LSU? It makes no sense at all. It's a lateral move. LSU is a great head coaching job for 99.9% of college coaches but Jimbo is in the .1% of coaches where it's not better.

Stop clicking on people's YouTube videos and stop making posts about it. They are just trying to get followers and it works.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Nino Brown said:

Rendered Fat said:

Pete Thamel just said on Finebaum that it is realistic and very possible that LSU hires Fisher from A&M. Says LSU is the better job and Woodward is going to pursue him first. Says the money doesn't matter.

Did anyone ask him if he'd take a pay cut to work for a ****tier company? Since money doesn't matter and all after throwing **** up against a wall.

It's highly realistic that I finally bang a Victoria's Secret model if I hit the Mega.

Aren't those models "plus size" now? Jimbo doesn't seem like the type to leave us for a fat chick. Good analogy though.
BMX Bandit
TyperWoods said:

He should be their top choice
AzAg80
AG
TexAgs needs a "hand wringing" emoji for all the worry warts.
redleg82
AG
Thamel is and has been a lazy journalist. So, its gonna happen because he anointed LSU as the better job. Cool.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.