Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Thamel on Finebaum: "Jimbo to LSU"

39,630 Views | 243 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
barbacoa taco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PAWWWWLLLLL JIMBO GON' GO TO ELLA SHEW BECUZ IT A BETTER JERB THAN AYENIM
FriscoKid
AG
aggiehawg said:

FriscoKid said:

The last coach to get hired away from TAMU for a "better job" was Bear Bryant. Coaches don't get stolen from us. We fire them or they retire.

(Cross posting to this thread too because it needs repeating)

The BAS is strong.
LOL. The only two head coaches that we have fired in recent years to not hang around anyway were Fran ad Sumlin. Sherrill, Stallings and RC are still around. Bellard hung around until he died, if I'm not mistaken. (I might be missing one, wasn't Wilson in there after Bellard for a couple of years?)

ETA: Stallings and Sherrill went onto coach at other programs but came back to hang around. later.

OK, but even with folks like RC they weren't stolen by other programs. That was kinda my point. We aren't some stepping stone program like Baylor.
The Collective
AG
LSU should have hired Brady as their HC after the national championship. They didn't have the balls to do the obvious.
ABATTBQ87
AG
TAM85 said:

Rendered Fat said:

taylorswift13 said:

Jimbo loves Texas A&M

How do we know this for sure?
Love is a funny thing, you just know.

Love, exciting and new, come aboard it's expecting you
Seanzy2012
AG
aggiehawg said:

FriscoKid said:

The last coach to get hired away from TAMU for a "better job" was Bear Bryant. Coaches don't get stolen from us. We fire them or they retire.

The BAS is strong.
LOL. The only two head coaches that we have fired in recent years to not hang around anyway were Fran ad Sumlin. Sherrill, Stallings and RC are still around. Bellard hung around until he died, if I'm not mistaken. (I might be missing one, wasn't Wilson in there after Bellard for a couple of years?)

ETA: Stallings and Sherrill went onto coach at other programs but came back to hang around. later.

Sherman.
Bison
AG
I'm still not happy that the extension was made here when it was. Any talk about prescience is ex post facto logic. That being said, the extension served the purpose of raising the asking price from 9M to
~11M per year (based on the current extension equating to ~20% raise).

And there will be no buy-out. Coach O will be officially fired for cause relating to the Title IX suits. That will be their narrative and they will challenge him to prove them wrong.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I hear Saban is going to be Sark's new DC.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Jimbo is not going to LSU. If LSU were smart they would go after Dave aranda. That's the correct hire.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think you go after Penn State's coach, then if not you snag Aranda.
TAM85
Vandy to Penn State to LSU is not a logical progression.
Bobaloo
Joe Brady would be an incredibly risky hire. He was a grad assistant only five years ago. Running a program like LSU is very challenging. He might do great but more likely to fail due to lack of experience.
Texmexag
AG
Jimbo has a 90 million fully guaranteed contract. LSU would have to offer in the range of 10 years 100 million + Ed 0's buyout. Keep in mind LSU lost 85 million last year. Reporters throw around financial terms without any real knowledge of what athletic departments can and can't do
walton91
TikkaShooter said:

Quote:

Jimbo just took down the number one team in the country and the number one coach in the history of this sport in front of 106,000 fans and 7 million at home all while making 9 million a year in a state where his ranch is and family is. GTFO here with that nonsense. Jimbo is here, and is here to stay possibly till he retires. Jimbo loves Texas A&M and Texas A&M loves Jimbo. Period.

1988 called. They want their CFB coaching logic back.
aggiehawg
AG
Seanzy2012 said:

aggiehawg said:

FriscoKid said:

The BAS is strong.

Sherman.
My bad. I tried to put the Sherman years out of my mind. Thanks for the correction.
Agvet12
AG
If they were smart, Aranda would be no1

Hell want out of Baylor before 25 and if he keeps the train rolling he'll get a better job in a year or 2.

He'd do wonders to revitalize the defense at LSU, and hire a competent OC
Aggie Jurist
AG
Quote:

And there will be no buy-out. Coach O will be officially fired for cause relating to the Title IX suits. That will be their narrative and they will challenge him to prove them wrong.
Unlikely. LSU has been on notice of this for a while and hasn't acted. What's changed? Ahh, their record. Yeah, they will have to buy him out.
LGB
aggiehawg
AG
Aggie Jurist said:

Quote:

Unlikely. LSU has been on notice of this for a while and hasn't acted. What's changed? Ahh, their record. Yeah, they will have to buy him out.
Also gets problematical with the NCAA citing his transgressions as a firing for cause.
jenks
AG
I'd go after Jimbo also. He would be in my top 5 list for a head coach. Glad we have him aboard.
sportsfreak1975
Randyag15 said:

So the buy out on Ed O, then LSU would have to pay the buy out to A&M to get Jimbo correct? We just redid his contract for another 10 years. LSU is not that flush.
If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere that we do not have a buyout clause in Jimbo's contract.
sportsfreak1975
Agvet12 said:

If they were smart, Aranda would be no1

Hell want out of Baylor before 25 and if he keeps the train rolling he'll get a better job in a year or 2.

He'd do wonders to revitalize the defense at LSU, and hire a competent OC
Agree. They were a bunch of fools to let Aranda walk in the first place.
Alex580
AG
Jimbo for sure will get the call but would he accept it? There really isn't a ton of pressure on Jimbo here we just gave a big raise and extension. LSU is looking to fire a coach that won a Natty 2 years ago. If Jimbo isn't at a playoff level in year 3 I bet he is on a hot seat at LSU.
Bunk Moreland
There's a reason the raise happened before the season. Jimbo may get a call but he has no reason to leave and re-start again at LSU. He's getting everything he could ask for here and the rope is definitely longer...people nicer. He's got his ranch and his family set up here.

Unless recruiting fell off a cliff beginning today, there's no reason to think it's harder to win a natty at LSU than A&M as of right now.
JJxvi
AG
Bison said:

I'm still not happy that the extension was made here when it was. Any talk about prescience is ex post facto logic. That being said, the extension served the purpose of raising the asking price from 9M to

I mean, that sounds all well and good, especially for a young up and comer for whom LSU is their shot at a premier program, but this certainly doesnt sound like something you do right before trying to convince coaches that are already at other premier programs to make the lateral move. Why would Jimbo Fisher (as just a crazy example) leave his cushy job for your cushy job where you just used every technicality in the book to **** over the last guy?
aggiehawg
AG
Coach Yaw-Yaw is just one motorcycle crash away from being fired.

aggiejim70
AG
FriscoKid said:

The BAS is strong.
The last one before him was D. X. Bible, and the list gets real thin real fast after that.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Win At Life
AG
Yeah, Jimbo wants to leave a school that just bumped him to 10-year $100MM guaranteed, and go to a school that fires its head coach 18 months after winning a National Championship.
aggiehawg
AG
JJxvi said:

Bison said:

I mean, that sounds all well and good, especially for a young up and comer for whom LSU is their shot at a premier program, but this certainly doesnt sound like something you do right before trying to convince coaches that are already at other premier programs to make the lateral move. Why would Jimbo Fisher (as just a crazy example) leave his cushy job for your cushy job where you just used every technicality in the book to **** over the last guy?
And with the NCAA looking to impose some sanctions? LSU is going to be a rebuild either way but trying to rebuild with schollie restrictions among other things? Not an ideal situation that most any established coach would want to take on.
The Dirty Sock
sportsfreak1975 said:

Randyag15 said:

So the buy out on Ed O, then LSU would have to pay the buy out to A&M to get Jimbo correct? We just redid his contract for another 10 years. LSU is not that flush.
If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere that we do not have a buyout clause in Jimbo's contract.

This was his last contract. Not sure what was in his extension but it looks like he owes nothing:

Buzzkill
Champ Bailey said:

I think you go after Penn State's coach, then if not you snag Aranda.

Nobody is leaving penn state for LSU.
PneumAg
There is no chance of Jimbo leaving for LSU. It's not even worth discussing.

Thamel is a mouth-breathing idiot.
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
When it comes to Aggie football, I no longer speak in "absolutes" (ie. t.u. won't join the SEC, A&M won't beat Bama, etc); the above-mentioned reasons why Jimbo wouldn't leave A&M are all very logical & convincing, but stranger things have happened. FWIW, I sure hope Jimbo doesn't leave, despite what many dumbasses wrote about him just last week, on this very forum AND in the national media (ie. "The 90 Million Dollar Man").
90ags
LSU misses Aranda as OC (he pushed peferction out of Burrows and the WRs corp)....if he continues to do well at BU, he'll climb up some charts.

LSU is easier to recruit...LA HS kids will pick LSU at a very high clip....on a per capita basis, more talent comes LA than any other state. It's the reason coaches go to LSU as talent isn't difficult to recruit (they don't need a $10M coach for that as even Coach O is recruiting well).

They need development and LSU staff has turned over a ton as those coaches have been poached.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
backintexas2013
AG
90ags said:

LSU misses Aranda as OC (he pushed peferction out of Burrows and the WRs corp)....if he continues to do well at BU, he'll climb up some charts.

LSU is easier to recruit...LA HS kids will pick LSU at a very high clip....on a per capita basis, more talent comes LA than any other state. It's the reason coaches go to LSU as talent isn't difficult to recruit (they don't need a $10M coach for that as even Coach O is recruiting well).

They need development and LSU staff has turned over a ton as those coaches have been poached.

Aranda was the DC.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Bison said:

I'm still not happy that the extension was made here when it was. Any talk about prescience is ex lpost facto logic. That being said, the extension served the purpose of raising the asking price from 9M to

I can't stand when this term is used. It's the biggest kind of ACkShEWaLlY in message board speak
-Ben There/R.C.
aggiehawg
AG
90ags said:

Aranda was DC. Joe Brady was OC when Burrows was there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.