Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Yikes...Jackson's Charges bumped up to felony!

12,378 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sea Speed
vettmaster99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nvm
Paul Dirac
The question is can any of these side effects diminish his football playing ability?
Divining Rod
Quote:

At this point, McKinnley has only been arrested for the felony, not formally charged by the court. That's because in Texas, all felony indictments must be approved by a grand jury. I would assume that hearing is scheduled sometime between now and Feb 23.

A court doesnt charge you, the DA does.

To say all indictments must be brought by a grand jury is technically true, only because that is the DEFINITION of an indictment (a felony charge brought by a grand jury).
MrCoachEricTaylor
aeon-ag said:

AggieBlu said:

A judge looking at the way this was handle may throw the whole case out
https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/football/charges-against-texas-a-ms-mckinnley-jackson-bumped-from-misdemeanor-to-felony/article_4a7f896a-167a-11ec-ba05-836b91552605.html
Laws are laws to be obeyed, not to let some priviledged kid break them. If this thujg is allowed back on the team he destroys the integrity of the system, the machine breaks down, the team becomes a gang of criminals and recruiting goes to hell. If Fisher uses him at all this season he needs to be fired.

I agree with you for the most part, but the kid (no matter how stupid his decisions) still has rights and still has to have his day in court.
Sterling82
Faustus said:

pete85 said:

Sterling82 said:

OG UNF said:

For weed. Man, **** CSPD.

Here we go again. Actually I didn't learn anything new from that article other than his February court date. I guess the school requires an indictment before taking action.
And OJ was charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder... how'd that turn out? Innocent until proven guilty. . .

Yeah, everyone just assuming he did it needs to let this play out like with OJ so the legal system can work.

Pretty funny reference.

For sure. OJ swore he was going to find the real killer...he must have reason to believe he was a golfer since all of his pursuit seems to be on the golf course.

For the record, I haven't accused or condemned Jackson of anything. I just made an observation that the school apparently wasn't taking any further action until the courts adjudicate the issue.
zephyr88
AG
Ok, so I don't typically walk around with drugs in my person, but dude had a handiwipe can full of weed and Xanax "fall" out of his backpack as he walked down the hall?

I'm just glad he's not a running back.
Divining Rod
i think a better reference for the legal system at work would be a person falsely accused and then acquitted rather than a murderer who beheads his wife and her boyfriend and gets off scot free.
Engine10
AG
Man I hope he's able to come back in life from this if he goes down. Someone else already said it, no one is as bad as the worst thing they've ever done, and I believe that.

Hopefully the coaches use this as a lesson - NIL active now, no need to do this stuff. You need cash or in a money pickle? We can find a way to sort all of it in a legal way and minimize risk.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Hopefully the coaches use this as a lesson - NIL active now, no need to do this stuff. You need cash or in a money pickle? We can find a way to sort all of it in a legal way and minimize risk.
Except that greed doesn't work this way unfortunately.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sea Speed
AG
Tergdor said:

Really weird that people are trying to excuse this. This isn't just a "mistake" that can be hand-waved away. Let's just do a quick quiz with Occam's razor, shall we?

A package/jar/whatever containing over 200g of ketamine fell out of Jackson's backpack while walking through the apartment complex lobby. Why would he be carrying around ketamine, a drug that is an anesthetic and knocks you out?
a) He just bought them that day and was taking them home
b) He's dealing ketamine

As best as I can find, the street value of ketamine is around $50-60 per gram on the low end. Why does Jackson have over $10k in ketamine? (Granted, the pill forms he had were likely diluted and cheaper)
a) He got a REALLY good deal
b) He's dealing ketamine

Jackson told the cops it was Xanax, and the DPS lab came back and said it was ketamine. What happened?
a) The apartment complex, UPD, or DPS switched the drugs to get at him
b) His dealer/supplier lied to him
c) Jackson lied because he thought dealing Xanax doesn't sound as bad as dealing ketamine

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine that among college students, ketamine is more likely to be used as a date rape drug than for recreational use. If Jackson was dealing, that very likely makes him complicit in the rape of fellow Aggie women, which is reprehensible. The fact that some of you are willing to ignore this just because he's good at football is disgusting.

Jackson is in a real pickle. He'll be lucky if he isn't facing jail time unless he has a really, really good lawyer.

Oh, and stop the "he's a kid" stuff. The students at A&M are adults and deserve to be treated as such.

Thank you for saying this more eloquently than I could. It really does disappoint to watch all the enabling and excuse making. Oh hes just a kid or the PD should know better than to arrest our players among other things. This dude currently has life served to him on a platter. However should be teaching these MEN accountability and personal responsibility and not that the rules shouldn't apply to them because they are good at football.

Take a second and think about where your priorities in life are.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.