Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Yikes...Jackson's Charges bumped up to felony!

12,402 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sea Speed
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pete85 said:

Sterling82 said:

OG UNF said:

For weed. Man, **** CSPD.

Here we go again. Actually I didn't learn anything new from that article other than his February court date. I guess the school requires an indictment before taking action.
And OJ was charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder... how'd that turn out? Innocent until proven guilty. . .

Yeah, everyone just assuming he did it needs to let this play out like with OJ so the legal system can work.

Pretty funny reference.
InfantryAg
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Dangerous to take recreationally?
Dangerous for the coed who gets it put in her drink, unbeknownst to her, and then raped.
Smeghead4761
Ag in Tiger Country said:

I'm fairly certain Jackson & the cops thought he had Xanax, but since it was allegedly proven to be Ketamine instead, then this is a case of bad/ counterfeit pills (made in India &/or by the Cartel).
It's entirely possible that Jackson thought it was Xanax, but I doubt the police believed him. As I said, Xanax comes in white bars, and those bars are scored so they can be cut into quarters for smaller doses. Even labs making counterfeit or generic versions make it looks like the real thing, because that's what customers expect it to look like.

Since they had the pills, there needed to be something in the report, a placeholder of sorts. So go with what the suspect says it is, with a note in the report that charges are pending awaiting lab results.
Bill Superman
AG
KidDoc said:

OG UNF said:

And Ketamine, that is a pretty serious drug.

He had Xanax, it's for anxiety and called bars for all you basement dwellers. Not nearly as big a deal as y'all holier than thous make it out to be being that it's been widely prescribed by your local Dr's since forever.

The worst part is the apartment cleaning staff found a sanitizer wipe bottle in the hall that had the bars and weed, turned it in to the Karen's in management that hunted him down on the surveillance - which led to him turning himself in, CSPD then raiding his apartment and slapping him with the death penalty in attempt to ruin his life.

Like I've said before, we really need to fix our laws related to weed, and we need to get CSPD under control when it relates to our football players like the rest of the "blue bloods." We should have them set up with lawyers and have this stuff taken care of through NIL loopholes. It's not like our guys are pulling some Baylor/LSU level offenses.
agent-maroon
AG
KidDoc said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Dangerous to take recreationally?
Hell yes. Here are the listed adverse reactions via Epocrates:
Serious Reactions
  • respiratory depression - no
  • laryngospasm
  • ICP incr. - yes
  • IOP incr. - yes
  • hypotension, severe - no
  • bradycardia, severe - no
  • arrhythmia
  • emergence delirium
  • tonic clonic movements
  • anaphylaxis
  • abuse
  • dependency (prolonged high-dose use)
  • withdrawal sx (long-term use)
  • liver injury (repeat use)
  • hydronephrosis (long-term use)
  • hematuria (long-term use)
  • hemorrhagic cystitis (long-term use)
  • behavioral changes or cognitive deficits (>3h use in pts <3 yo)
  • behavioral changes or cognitive deficits (repeat admin. in pts <3 yo)
Common Reactions
  • sialorrhea - yes
  • anorexia
  • nausea
  • vomiting - no
  • BP elevated - yes
  • HR elevated - yes
  • diplopia
  • nystagmus - yes
  • lacrimation - yes
  • fasciculations
  • depressed reflexes
  • emergence delirium
  • bradycardia - no
  • hypotension - no
  • cystitis

There are much worse drugs of course but it isn't ibuprofen.

Not to go full nerd on you, but not all of those reactions are accurate. Ketamine doesn't cause respiratory depression unless you're giving an induction dose, which is virtually impossible with pills. Hypertension instead of hypotension. No mention of disturbing hallucinations which is the most common side effect.

Ketamine is a powerful analgesic that would be a preferred over opioids as an anesthetic drug if it weren't for the elevated BP, HR, hallucinations, and increased ICP. It's been used for in-situ accident site amputations for victims trapped by earthquake rubble (see Haiti) and is often used for brief painful procedures like burn debridements where a general anesthetic is undesirable. Just have to be careful to give an amnestic med like midazolam so that they don't remember the hallucinations.

Ketamine is to humans as PCP is to horses with a very similar potential for abuse. It's a dangerous drug.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Al Bula
AG
W said:

need him against the Hogs.
need him in jail.

Clearly no use to society if he is walking around with ketamine if the state verifies this independently.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

He had Xanax, it's for anxiety
Probably the most addictive drug available by prescription. Possession of that much Xanax would be far more dangerous than the Ketamine. Very easy to overdose and sudden withdrawal from Xanax or any benzodiazepine can literally kill you.

I friggin HATE Xanax. One slight level above malpractice IMO.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Xanax specifically or all benzos?

Do you think they are over prescribed?
bgrimm05
AG
Just say Trump told him to take it to prevent Covid.
bigblackag12
AG
What about intranasal..my friend is asking for science

Also greatly appreciate the knowledge you medical pros are sharing. For a person suffering from chronic curiosity i appreciate a chance to learn something new.
StinkyPinky
AG
Bill Superman said:

KidDoc said:

OG UNF said:

And Ketamine, that is a pretty serious drug.

He had Xanax, it's for anxiety and called bars for all you basement dwellers. Not nearly as big a deal as y'all holier than thous make it out to be being that it's been widely prescribed by your local Dr's since forever.

The worst part is the apartment cleaning staff found a sanitizer wipe bottle in the hall that had the bars and weed, turned it in to the Karen's in management that hunted him down on the surveillance - which led to him turning himself in, CSPD then raiding his apartment and slapping him with the death penalty in attempt to ruin his life.

Like I've said before, we really need to fix our laws related to weed, and we need to get CSPD under control when it relates to our football players like the rest of the "blue bloods." We should have them set up with lawyers and have this stuff taken care of through NIL loopholes. It's not like our guys are pulling some Baylor/LSU level offenses.

There has been an updated article that said they thought it was Xanax, but after testing it turned out to be Ketamine, thus the reason for upgrading the charge.
agent-maroon
AG
Xanax specifically. Valium and Ativan are marginally better choices of short term treatment of anxiety, but Buspirone or the SSRI anti-depressants are even better choices without any potential for addiction and/or abuse.

But Xanax? Nobody I've known to take it has ever stopped taking it. I'm sure that someone reading this has done so, but nobody I've ever known personally.

Benzos have their place. Versed (midazolam) is used for virtually every general anesthetic given. It's the reason you don't remember going to the OR.
StinkyPinky
AG
Updated article…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/football/charges-against-texas-a-ms-mckinnley-jackson-bumped-from-misdemeanor-to-felony/article_4a7f896a-167a-11ec-ba05-836b91552605.amp.html
My Name Is Judge
So a canister was found by a janitor & he admitted it was his & then snitchmode upd was called?

Can someone please tell our football players to not say **** & speak only to their lawyers in situations like this?

Oyster DuPree
AG
Could they just stop arresting our players for drugs while they are still in college? I mean, they'll probably get drafted and still do drugs so if you arrest them then it's an even bigger story and it doesn't affect our season. It's a win-win. At least wait until after bowl season
AggieArchitect04
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

So a canister was found by a janitor & he admitted it was his & then snitchmode upd was called?

Can someone please tell our football players to not say **** & speak only to their lawyers in situations like this?

Quote:

Surveillance video revealed the canister fell out of the backpack of an individual later identified as Jackson, according to the report filed by the University Police Department.

My Name Is Judge
Read the next paragraph in the article

He turned himself in & admitted possession

I'm guessing this wasn't advised by a lawyer

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Chain of custody issues here. He's admitted he had weed and Xanax. The container was sitting in public and anyone had access to it, then the janitor had it, then the apartment managers had it. No way to prove that he was the one that put ketamine in there if that's what came back on the tests. If he has a good attorney, that will be dropped and he'll deal with the misdemeanor charges. Hopefully he learns something from this and betters his choices going forward.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Ah. Yeah. Big facepalm there.
Traveler
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Quote:

Jackson is scheduled to return to court Feb. 23.
So he can play all season then?
Only thing that matters ...
SilverTongueDevil
Martin Cash said:

Sterling82 said:

OG UNF said:

Here we go again. Actually I didn't learn anything new from that article other than his February court date. I guess the school requires an indictment before taking action.
He won't be going to trial in February. DPS lab takes close to a year and a half to test.

Really? Good lord that is inefficient.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Barnacle
AG
End his life now ....terrible person....no one can ever redeem themselves. I've never made mistakes in my life...I am in a position to find splinters in anyone's eyes. Especially when I've just read about the situation on the internet.
Nasreddin
Nobody is as bad as the worst thing they've ever done. If he learns from it, hopefully the world will forgive him. He's just a kid.
The Covidian is a strange sort: he both relies on “science” and ignores it. Perhaps because it’s not “science” at all, but rather just the TV.
InfantryAg
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

Could they just stop arresting our players for drugs while they are still in college? I mean, they'll probably get drafted and still do drugs so if you arrest them then it's an even bigger story and it doesn't affect our season. It's a win-win. At least wait until after bowl season
How about if this ketamine ends up in your girlfriend/ wife/ daughter/ sister's drink and she ends up raped?

This isn't personal use marijuana.

Could these players stop committing crimes? I mean they are so close to making it to the big time or at least to walk out of college with a degree and you make a bonehead decision.

Maybe the coaches should be placing more emphasis on talking to them about making better decisions.

Maybe we shouldn't be enablers.

If he's smart (or at least his attorney) he'll turn over his supplier, and take a no prosecution or plea to a misdemeanor.
taxpreparer
AG
We're you the bartender on Northgate that the TABC agent lied about on the stand?
Tergdor
AG
Really weird that people are trying to excuse this. This isn't just a "mistake" that can be hand-waved away. Let's just do a quick quiz with Occam's razor, shall we?

A package/jar/whatever containing over 200g of ketamine fell out of Jackson's backpack while walking through the apartment complex lobby. Why would he be carrying around ketamine, a drug that is an anesthetic and knocks you out?
a) He just bought them that day and was taking them home
b) He's dealing ketamine

As best as I can find, the street value of ketamine is around $50-60 per gram on the low end. Why does Jackson have over $10k in ketamine? (Granted, the pill forms he had were likely diluted and cheaper)
a) He got a REALLY good deal
b) He's dealing ketamine

Jackson told the cops it was Xanax, and the DPS lab came back and said it was ketamine. What happened?
a) The apartment complex, UPD, or DPS switched the drugs to get at him
b) His dealer/supplier lied to him
c) Jackson lied because he thought dealing Xanax doesn't sound as bad as dealing ketamine

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine that among college students, ketamine is more likely to be used as a date rape drug than for recreational use. If Jackson was dealing, that very likely makes him complicit in the rape of fellow Aggie women, which is reprehensible. The fact that some of you are willing to ignore this just because he's good at football is disgusting.

Jackson is in a real pickle. He'll be lucky if he isn't facing jail time unless he has a really, really good lawyer.

Oh, and stop the "he's a kid" stuff. The students at A&M are adults and deserve to be treated as such.
fieldtrailer
AG
Is DA a Baylor grad? Looking for a conspiracy theory.
pete85
AG
taxpreparer said:

We're you the bartender on Northgate that the TABC agent lied about on the stand?
No... but that's another high profile example to validate my point.

So something fell out of his backpack, and they supposedly identified him from the video. There seems to be a serious chain of custody issue here. What exactly happened to the container from the time that it was discovered until it was handed over to the police? It could have been easily tampered with during this time by a number of people. Perhaps someone that didn't like him planted the drugs... crazier **** has happened in real life.

He should of feigned ignorance and consulted with an attorney. The state wouldn't of had a case.
bigblackag12
AG
You made good points, only adding that special k is also a popular drug in some parts of the rave scene because of the sedation and hallucination effects. I'd rather insinuate it was for a festival before the other until we know for sure.
agent-maroon
AG
No legitimate reason for him to have that much Ketamine/Xanax/whatever. No prescription. No reasonable explanation for possession.

No happy ending for this story, just different degrees of bad.
Meximan
Langenator said:

AggieBlu said:

A judge looking at the way this was handle may throw the whole case out
https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/football/charges-against-texas-a-ms-mckinnley-jackson-bumped-from-misdemeanor-to-felony/article_4a7f896a-167a-11ec-ba05-836b91552605.html

The sports reporter really should have brought in a crime reporter, or someone who understands the Texas legal system. Jackson's lawyer blew enough smoke up the reporter's butt that you'd think he was a chimney.

Because a crime reporter would know to check county jail and court records.

Jail booking records

Court records. Just enter Jackson's name.

The jail booking records show that Jackon has only ever been arrested and booked for Possession of Marijuana < 2 oz (Class B Misdemeanor) and Poss of a Controlled Substance, Penalty Group 1 4>200g (Felony 2), both on August 5, 2021. That would be the warrant arrest last month.

The court records show that Jackson has been charged with 2 traffic violations, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (Class C misdemeanor, same level as a traffic citation.), and Possession of Marijuana < 2 oz, plus a scheduled hearing (not trial) on Feb 23, 2022, for an "Unindicted felony.) That would be the Ketamine, i.e Controlled Substance, PG1.

At this point, McKinnley has only been arrested for the felony, not formally charged by the court. That's because in Texas, all felony indictments must be approved by a grand jury. I would assume that hearing is scheduled sometime between now and Feb 23.

So, what actually happened (I'm not personally involved, but I know how the system works).

- Weed and pills get found and turned in to police. Jackson goes to the police, probably after they contacted him, and says the stuff is his. Jackson tells the police that the pills are Xanax (Xanax comes in white bar shaped pills, not blue pills, FYI). Since Jackson told the police that the pills were Xanax, that's what would have gone in the initial police report. Jackson was not arrested for anything at that point.

Police send the pills to the DPS lab to be tested. Wait 3 months, DPS sends the results back, and the pills are ketamine, not Xanax. Police do their paperwork, and send it to a judge to get an arrest warrant for the mairjuana, and the ketamine. Jackson is arrested, booked, and bonds out on Aug 5.

What I'm going to guess happened this week, and generated the headline, is that the court hearing for the actual charging for the ketamine was put on the court docket.

Note that the February court date is probably just charging, not an actual trial. Given the current speed of teh Brazos county courts, Jackson will be eligible for the NFL draft before any actual trial happens.

And that's assuming it isn't simply pled down to 12 months probation, community service, a big fine, and maybe a week in county or something. Even CSPD has much better things to do with their time.
Tergdor
AG
Is there even a rave scene in College Station? I don't remember Harry's being that crazy.

My understanding is that the hallucinations on ketamine are terrifying, which is a big reason why it fell out of favor as an anesthetic. I imagine most take it for the knock-out feeling. I've read that low doses are usually used for parties/raves which is why I said the pills he were carrying were likely diluted. I don't remember any time where ketamine would have been used (particularly when MDMA was so easy to get), but maybe I wasn't cool enough for those parties.
aeon-ag
AggieBlu said:

A judge looking at the way this was handle may throw the whole case out
https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/football/charges-against-texas-a-ms-mckinnley-jackson-bumped-from-misdemeanor-to-felony/article_4a7f896a-167a-11ec-ba05-836b91552605.html
Laws are laws to be obeyed, not to let some priviledged kid break them. If this thujg is allowed back on the team he destroys the integrity of the system, the machine breaks down, the team becomes a gang of criminals and recruiting goes to hell. If Fisher uses him at all this season he needs to be fired.
S.A. Aggie
AG
He's a dumb ass.
monarch
S
Maybe he never learned that Old Big Daddy Alves saying, "Doing stupid things shows your own stupidity."

I have no pity for people who knowingly do stupid things...the guy is on the brink of F*****g up his life, F*****g up his education and above all F*****g up his future.
Peace for Ukraine!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.