Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

We need to keep LSU For Thanksgiving Weekend

29,383 Views | 210 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Hubert J. Farnsworth
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That would be great
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiehawg
AG
agent-maroon said:

That would be great
The only thing that kind of pisses me off is that either way Texas gets another favorable outcome.
agent-maroon
AG
aggiehawg said:

agent-maroon said:

That would be great
The only thing that kind of pisses me off is that either way Texas gets another favorable outcome.

Maybe after they start winning against pig. I think that Arkansas will hold their own at least initially.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiehawg
AG
agent-maroon said:

aggiehawg said:

agent-maroon said:

That would be great

Maybe after they start winning against pig. I think that Arkansas will hold their own at least initially.
I wasn't talking about actually winning the game. I was talking about whether we are forced to play them on T-day or Arkansas gets slotted into that rivalry game slot, it will still be a true rivalry game and a big game for them.

That's what I meant.
agent-maroon
AG
I get that, but the SEC isn't bringing them into the conference to shame them and ruin their program. We'll have to accept that there are going to be things that make them happy and believe me I share your dislike of it.
dixichkn
AG
rgag12 said:

Nah we need to get LSU as early as possible. They always suck at the beginning of the year
This is the ONLY reason to move the LSU game. Because it's true.
Allison Guynes
Jimbo4win said:

woodlees said:

Houston Oilers said:

We can play the sips any time any day but not on thanksgiving weekend. They gave it up and should live with their punk decision not to play us when we originally left the big dumpster fire. LSU was kind enough to fit us in on rivalry week and while we haven't been particularly competitive, it's really grow into something special, especially after 74-72. I hope our admin doesn't screw up the good rivalry we started up with LSU.
This!!! Exactly times a milion!!!

This times a million indeed. By the way, after we take 3 of the last 4 from them this year, LSU hate will flow and it will be a beautiful thing. Jimbo>>>>Coach O
Dr RC
The Agly Duckling said:

1) I wonder if OU wants to keep Bedlam. If not, t.u. and OU have the opportunity to move their game to Rivalry Week. We still play LSU.

Sip/OU is not leaving the Cotton Bowl and the State Fair to play on Thanksgiving. Come on dude.
Divining Rod
Quote:

A&M LSU doesn't crack the top 100 college rivalries.
I'd like to see your list. Or, to make it easy on you, can you just give me the 90-99th place rivalries ahead of us?

thanks.
Bryanisbest
AG
No, play the sips on Thanksgiving Day just like we used to except beat them consistently. Go back to exactly like it was so they have no excuse.
StinkyPinky
AG
Bryanisbest said:

No, play the sips on Thanksgiving Day just like we used to except beat them consistently. Go back to exactly like it was so they have no excuse.
This is where my head is out. Beat the hell out of 'em and simplify the conclusion.
curtbr62
Pet Sounds said:

We can play the sips any time any day but not on thanksgiving weekend. They gave it up and should live with their punk decision not to play us when we originally left the big dumpster fire. LSU was kind enough to fit us in on rivalry week and while we haven't been particularly competitive, it's really grow into something special, especially after 74-72. I hope our admin doesn't screw up the good rivalry we started up with LSU.

If Texas and A&M want to play on Thanksgiving I don't think LSU cares that much and the SEC would probably put LSU and Arkansas back on Thanksgiving Weekend.
Leander - Ag
AG
LSU does not like it so ain't happening
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I would like us to keep playing LSU on Thanksgiving weekend, but after Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC, we will probably play Texas on that weekend. If that happens, Arkansas and LSU will likely resume Battle for the Golden Boot on Black Friday.
rootube
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

I would like us to keep playing LSU on Thanksgiving weekend, but after Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC, we will probably play Texas on that weekend. If that happens, Arkansas and LSU will likely resume Battle for the Golden Boot on Black Friday.

I don't know what you mean by keep playing LSU on thanksgiving. We pretty much stoped playing on thanksgiving because LSU wasn't interested in playing on that day from what I understand.

A&M/Texas belongs on thanksgiving let's not overthink this.
erube
AG
rootube said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I don't know what you mean by keep playing LSU on thanksgiving. We pretty much stoped playing on thanksgiving because LSU wasn't interested in playing on that day from what I understand.

Hopefully Black Friday.
Reno Hightower
Play 'sip the Saturday after they play ou.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
rootube said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I meant keep playing LSU on the Saturday after Thanksgiving or anytime during the Thanksgiving weekend. We played LSU at Kyle Field on Thanksgiving Day in 2014 and 2016. In 2015 and 2017 and beyond, we have been playing LSU on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, AKA Small Business Saturday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_Business_Saturday
curtbr62
rgag12 said:

Nah we need to get LSU as early as possible. They always suck at the beginning of the year

LSU is 21-4 in their last 25 openers. Some of you just make **** up.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
rootube said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

A&M and LSU is the much better matchup.

A&M and LSU on Thanksgiving will draw more eyes nationally than A&M and Texas will.

Outside the state of Texas, no one cares around that matchup. If we play Texas on Thanksgiving, our ratings will be overshadowed by Texas vs OU just like they were when we were part of the BDF

**** Texas. It's not a good game for us
rootube
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

rootube said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

A&M and LSU on Thanksgiving will draw more eyes nationally than A&M and Texas will.

Outside the state of Texas, no one cares around that matchup. If we play Texas on Thanksgiving, our ratings will be overshadowed by Texas vs OU just like they were when we were part of the BDF

I disagree. They are both great games but A&M/horn would be a ratings powerhouse.

The third most watched game in all of CFB last year was Michigan/MichState. That's not because they captured the critical Michigan TV market.
Aggieair
Ghost of Bizbee said:

rootube said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

Outside the state of Texas, no one cares around that matchup.
If we play Texas on Thanksgiving, our ratings will be overshadowed by Texas vs OU just like they were when we were part of the BDF

Lol I don't understand this logic. By extension, no one outside of Louisiana, and even fewer people in Texas should care about A&M vs LSU. There are far more sip fans than there are corn dog fans.

If no one outside of the state of Texas cared about that game, then we wouldn't have caught as much flack in the national media about the meltdown over the sips joining the SEC.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Aggieair said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

rootube said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

Outside the state of Texas, no one cares around that matchup.
If we play Texas on Thanksgiving, our ratings will be overshadowed by Texas vs OU just like they were when we were part of the BDF

Lol I don't understand this logic. By extension, no one outside of Louisiana, and even fewer people in Texas should care about A&M vs LSU. There are far more sip fans than there are corn dog fans.

If no one outside of the state of Texas cared about that game, then we wouldn't have caught as much flack in the national media about the meltdown over the sips joining the SEC.

Wait and see.

The first game back between A&M and Texas will see insane ratings.

Year 2 and Year 3, it'll be back to being a boring regional rivalry.

People outside of these two schools' alumni bases don't care about this game. Doesn't help that Texas has been hot garbage the last 12 years.

Michigan and Michigan State was the 3rd most watched game because it had an insane ending with CFP top 4 implications and was a nail biter.

LSU always draws eyes. Always.

This has been discussed on this board before. The people who live outside of this state have all spoken to the fact no one in these non-Texas networks gives a **** about Texas/Texas A&M. They just don't. Texas/OU is a much bigger game.

The only case that would make this different is if there are CFP implications in this matchup.
LSU matchup 9 times out of 10 means more than a matchup with horn
rootube
AG
This makes zero sense. I would say I would bump this in a few years to prove you wrong but by then I will be involved in another dumb argument and will have forgotten about this one.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
rootube said:

This makes zero sense. I would say I would bump this in a few years to prove you wrong but by then I will be involved in another dumb argument and will have forgotten about this one.

Go ahead, schedule the bump. It makes a ton of sense, and there's a large group of us who believe this, have lived outside of Texas all over the US, and anecdotally know how Texas A&M football is generally viewed by out of staters
rootube
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

rootube said:

Go ahead, schedule the bump. It makes a ton of sense, and there's a large group of us who believe this, have lived outside of Texas all over the US, and anecdotally know how Texas A&M football is generally viewed by out of staters

Answer me this. If it's just a regional interest game that you and your large group of out of staters don't care about (but for some reason are captivated by A&M/LSU) then why the first time we play will it have great ratings by your own admission? Sounds like just another game to hear you describe it.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Disney will have a field day with the return of this and, will show the clip where we lost by a field goal in 2011 over and over and over. After the 1st half, it'll be old news
TexAggie1999
And contracts will give the conference more money if the game is on Thanksgiving (or the iwing Friday). ESPN will want it on Thanksgiving, and that is when it will be.
TexAggie1999
Ghost of Bizbee said:

rootube said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

You are delusional if you think A&M versus LSU draws more eyes nationally than A&M versus Texas. That is laughable.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

rootube said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

You are delusional if you think A&M versus LSU draws more eyes nationally than A&M versus Texas. That is laughable.

I look forward to comparing the 5 year avg for those two matchups
austinbevo321
mbrooking said:

AGREED!!! tu says OU is their rival. Let's keep it that way. Enjoy the LSU game way more.

Only the younger fans/alumni say that. I went to UT in the late 80s. All my alumni friends miss that game and consider A&M a rivalry. Yes OU is a bigger rival right now because we are in the same conference. As soon as we start playing A&M again I could see our game become much more important than the OU game. Soon the hurt feelings of our breakup will be a distant memory and this game will mean something again.
Just one man's opinion of course.
aeon-ag
Pay t.u. on Thanksgiving, 2:30 pm!!!!! The Ol' Army way!!!
aeon-ag
aggiehawg said:

Who wants to see this on Thanksgiving evening?

He's just calling the secret booger play!!
OriolePete
tu on Thanksgiving or black Friday. No exceptions. If we never played LSU ever again I don't care. Beating tu is THE BEST. Beating LSU is really just a relief more than anything. To me, LSU is our SEC version of tech. Just absolute assclown fans from a city or state I would never visit for any reason.

All this pretending tu doesn't exist just doesn't sit well. How would you view Auburn if their forums was full of people who didn't want to play Alabama anymore or if Florida State joined the SEC and Florida said "no, our main rival is Georgia and it's 1 or the other". There's no good reason you could give. It just comes across as sour grapes. Sometimes the negative perception or "bias" is self inflicted. Geez I'm bored
Just an Ag
AG
tu on Thanksgiving. Make Thanksgiving Great Again!
MTGA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.