Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

We need to keep LSU For Thanksgiving Weekend

29,203 Views | 210 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Hubert J. Farnsworth
Pet Sounds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We can play the sips any time any day but not on thanksgiving weekend. They gave it up and should live with their punk decision not to play us when we originally left the big dumpster fire. LSU was kind enough to fit us in on rivalry week and while we haven't been particularly competitive, it's really grow into something special, especially after 74-72. I hope our admin doesn't screw up the good rivalry we started up with LSU.
InnerCityAg
YES!

This should be an early season game.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I'd like to keep LSU on Thanksgiving weekend as well. No reason to change that.
VA_Ag94
AG
If we're going to play them every year, let's do it right and renew the tradition the way it's supposed to be. Thanksgiving is the way to go.
MarylandAG
This is about $$$, ags vs sips on Thanksgiving means $$$, just like sips vs ou in early October means $$$. The SEC just bought those marquee games, why would they not play then when most valueable? It would be like buying a bentley to drive to Walmart otherwise. This is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$
The Agly Duckling
1) I wonder if OU wants to keep Bedlam. If not, t.u. and OU have the opportunity to move their game to Rivalry Week. We still play LSU.

2) Or, if they want to keep their game when and where it is, OU can keep Bedlam and we still play LSU. Then who does sip play on Rivalry Week? And who the hell cares?

3) We may not even be in their Pod, so we might play 'em only every other year.

4) We alternate sip/OU for Rivalry Week.

Multiple possibilities until we know about Bedlam, RRS and SEC scheduling decisions.
Gidnik
I don't think there's any way in hell that Texas & a&m don't play every year on thanksgiving.
Sq 17
Pretty simple if the Ags and the horns are in the same pod tu is season finale ; if the Ags and the corn dogs are in the same pod it is L$U for the finale.
Sq 17
Ou v tu have a contract to play at fair park not sure when it expires but unless that game goes home and home it won't be the season finale
ATL Aggie
AG
Stop fighting it and start embracing it.
woodlees
AG
Houston Oilers said:

We can play the sips any time any day but not on thanksgiving weekend. They gave it up and should live with their punk decision not to play us when we originally left the big dumpster fire. LSU was kind enough to fit us in on rivalry week and while we haven't been particularly competitive, it's really grow into something special, especially after 74-72. I hope our admin doesn't screw up the good rivalry we started up with LSU.
This!!! Exactly times a milion!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MaroonStain
AG
We will go back to playing LSU in September like we did in the 90s.
mbrooking
AG
AGREED!!! tu says OU is their rival. Let's keep it that way. Enjoy the LSU game way more.
monarch
S
Agree; play the 'sippies on Thanksgiving night.
Peace for Ukraine!
Aggie4Life02
AG
Thanksgiving with t.u. is coming back guaranteed.
azul_rain
I'm against playing tu in general, with that being said some of you are delusional that LSU is more of a rival than the whorns. If we play them again it should be on thanksgiving
swc93
AG
mbrooking said:

AGREED!!! tu says OU is their rival. Let's keep it that way. Enjoy the LSU game way more.

Yes; we should play the horns the weekend after the OU game every season.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
We will do what ESPN tells us to do and like it.

^- This is the bed we've made -^
1876er
AG
A&M Texas is one of the top 5 college rivalries. A&M LSU doesn't crack the top 100 college rivalries.
BigSneezy
MaroonStain said:

We will go back to playing LSU in September like we did in the 90s.

This won't be good for LSU. Early season games with A&M typically have a 12th man that is active and we usually play well when healthy earlier in the season. I think we will be beating LSU like we did in the 90s under this arrangement.
aggiehawg
AG
MarylandAG said:

This is about $$$, ags vs sips on Thanksgiving means $$$, just like sips vs ou in early October means $$$. The SEC just bought those marquee games, why would they not play then when most valueable? It would be like buying a bentley to drive to Walmart otherwise. This is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$
It used to be about $$$. With them in the same conference and with a conference network it doesn't benefit us monetarily except for when it is a home game and the benefit to businesses in BCS.

The ratings for one game don't benefit the conference, or the teams, with direct dollars. The ratings put money in ESPN's pocket, not ours.
Doc Hayworth
From historical results, I would rather play LSU early before they have time to gel. They always seem to get stronger as the season progresses.
Ogre09
AG
We're playing the sips every year now. It's comjng back. Let's do it right. Embrace the rivalry.
Jimbo4win
AG
woodlees said:

Houston Oilers said:

This!!! Exactly times a milion!!!

This times a million indeed. By the way, after we take 3 of the last 4 from them this year, LSU hate will flow and it will be a beautiful thing. Jimbo>>>>Coach O
bberry72
AG
I've come to prefer games on Saturday and Thanksgiving with my family. Stay with LSU.
Sterling82
I don't think any college game will be on Thanksgiving (except maybe the Egg Bowl). As for the Friday or Saturday after I expect it will be tu. I don't think LSU cares much about it although after recent some of the recent ruckus around our games with LSU the intensity has been increasing.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
MarylandAG said:

It doesn't matter if the game is played week 1, 3, 7, or 12, the $$$$$ is the same.

Regardless, I expect cow will now be our last game, LSU will end with Pig as they have done for many years, that is a trophy game after all.

The scheduling concessions we should be pushing for our Yes vote is that cow and t.u. are split home/road unlike how we play both Bama and Auburn home or away, and also IMHO the cow game should be on Saturday no T-day.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

It doesn't matter if the game is played week 1, 3, 7, or 12, the $$$$$ is the same.
I don't understand why people don't know that. ESPN makes the money off of the ratings. Does nothing for the conference money as that is set by the contract.
Bucketrunner
Please don't screw up our fun Thanksgiving weekend in Baton Rouge for feces filled Austin
levypantsEOY
Bring it back. Thanksgiving sip Aggie game was a Texas tradition.

Stop whining.
aggiehawg
AG
Who wants to see this on Thanksgiving evening?

SEC-Ag
AG
I always thought the LSU game was way more fun earlier in the season, i didn't want it to move to Tday regardless of sip situation.
Bryanisbest
AG
No, we don't. Play Texas every thanksgiving and kick their butt. That is only path for us now!
Jock 07
AG
bberry72 said:

I've come to prefer games on Saturday and Thanksgiving with my family. Stay with LSU.
Exactly this. Plus the nfl has overtaken all of thanksgiving. And no to 11 am kickoffs t+1. Keep it on Saturday.
HDeathstar
Key is not letting tu dictate their own schedule. They will want to keep OU game at the normal Oct timeframe and us on thanksgiving. If they have OU in their pod, they need to play them on Rivalry weekend.

We do not need to be playing LSU and Alabama back to back weekends because tu wants our game on Thanksgiving and OU on the historical date. They separate these games on purpose and to their advantage, not tradition.

Can't let them drive their schedule.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.