Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Monday Board of Regents Meeting

29,318 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jock 07
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
geb83 said:

At this point, and if this happens w/o A&M being part of the discussion or kept in the dark, leaving the SEC would be fine with me.

Get Baylor, TCU, Tech, Rice, and look to gather a few other teams and reinvent the SWC.

At least at that point I could watch games in good conscience, knowing that one's word, honor and integrity actually mean something.

Maybe we could actually "wag the dog" for once. Not that we would, we are above those low handed tactics.

The hopeless romantic in me loves the idea.

But our recruiting, our brand, our image would absolutely tank. No one wants to play those teams. Hell, no one even wants to watch those teams.
Showstopper
AG
Wow, the notice lists the Chancellor in the discipline section, and I just saw a Finebaum clip where he basically said his sources indicated that the A&M Chancellor and President were informed the whole time. On President, I don't know if that meant Young (who is gone so not too much you can do to him) or the new lady.

But wow, is this the thing that takes down Sharp? That would be pretty crazy. And he doesn't have Perry's protection, so

Could be a pretty interesting Monday on a lot of levels besides just sports. I saw Chancellor when I read it the first time, but I thought "well, that's just to list all possibilities Sharp is nearly impossible to take down." But, I don't know. Maybe? And how crazy would that be?
1991sir
Sounds like Sharp wasn't to sharp....
Dominion Caracas Branch
If sharp knew and didn't let anybody know, he should go.
SECTAMU#1
Showstopper said:

Wow, the notice lists the Chancellor in the discipline section, and I just saw a Finebaum clip where he basically said his sources indicated that the A&M Chancellor and President were informed the whole time. On President, I don't know if that meant Young (who is gone so not too much you can do to him) or the new lady.

But wow, is this the thing that takes down Sharp? That would be pretty crazy. And he doesn't have Perry's protection, so

Could be a pretty interesting Monday on a lot of levels besides just sports. I saw Chancellor when I read it the first time, but I thought "well, that's just to list all possibilities Sharp is nearly impossible to take down." But, I don't know. Maybe? And how crazy would that be?
I can guarantee that Young was Not in any discussions. Sharp calls the shots, Banks just salutes.
Buford T. Justice
AG
1. We need to make Sankey publicly admit that he acted without full-disclosure.
2. We need to leave. Respect has not been given.
3. We need to make it publicly known that we are open to the Big 10, ACC, and Independent status.
GarryowenAg
AG
Showstopper said:

Don't forget Young is still hanging around in the Bush School I believe. He can certainly be touched.
SA-AG72
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

msubulldogntx said:

A&M causes a stink in the SEC and lets Texas and OU take its place in the holy grail of college sports? I couldn't think of anything more dumb for the future of A&M athletics. Surely they aren't this naive.

I've been sleeping with your wife for the last 6 months, but you better not cause a stink or she might leave you for me. Sit back and take it - great plan!

Clayton Williams says Hi.
Quartz
Texas likely asked the SEC to keep it from A&M. So tu is wrecking the most open, balanced and fair conference before they even get into the conference. It only goes downhill from here.
infinity ag
Let's face it.

tu pulled a fast one on us.
MaroonStain
AG
IMO, the most important act from this charade would be discovery to receive all pertinent information and who was/was not involved.

If there are those present in the current or past A&M hierarchy that had relevant info and sat on their collective arses while we were "railroaded" then the truth needs to be known and action taken to clean our own house.
aggiehawg
AG
Quartz said:

Texas likely asked the SEC to keep it from A&M. So tu is wrecking the most open, balanced and fair conference before they even get into the conference. It only goes downhill from here.
Yeah. That's the stink of it. Sankey decided to favor them over one of his conference members. If the deal was really that good, present it to everyone. He didn't. That means the deal isn't that good and Sankey decided taking tu and ou was a game of keep away from the other conferences.

Ego play for him.

Kramer had the SEC conference championship game as his legacy. Slive had the legacy of cleaning up the cheating, getting A&M and that got him the wildly successful SEC network.

This will be Sankey's legacy. In his mind right now, it is a good one for which it was worth it to sacrifice A&M and conference unity and pride.
Jimtim1216
S
Maybe it is to formally approve the expansion.
MaxPower
Makes sense they would at least see what legal recourse they have. Likely just confirms there is none and we have to suck it up and take it.
TMartin
Texas A&M has clearly been lied to by the SEC. They should at least negotiate that they can leave the SEC at any time, without notice and without penalty.
Dominion Caracas Branch
TMartin said:

Texas A&M has clearly been lied to by the SEC. They should at least negotiate that they can leave the SEC at any time, without notice and without penalty.

I'm pretty sure we already can, and the SEC doesn't care because they have tu and ou. It's a shame because those two didn't want anything to do with them, when A&M helped build the network.
houag80
AG
I believe that already exists. No penalties for departure.
houag80
AG
I guess the silver lining of this could be the booting of Sharp's ass.
agent-maroon
AG
I think it's fair to say that the eyeballs that we brought to the table are THE reason that the SEC Network was possible. We didn't do this out of kindness, but rather for the recruiting and brand definition that being the lone Texas SEC school would afford us.

That's all gone if/when this goes through. We've been used and if anybody is OK with it then maybe they should reflect on their own self-respect.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BTKAG97
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

Buck Turgidson said:

We need to make Sankey regret ever crossing us like this. His career needs to be destroyed. Lets go Clinton on his a$$.

Don't you think Arkancide is a little extreme under these circumstances?
You don't?
JodyMcD96
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

Buck Turgidson said:

We need to make Sankey regret ever crossing us like this. His career needs to be destroyed. Lets go Clinton on his a$$.

Don't you think Arkancide is a little extreme under these circumstances?

No, not really.

Okay, it may be a bit much.
85AustinAg
AG
Put pressure on the SEC for violation of contractual agreements and it might gain us some leverage. Maybe we can have more influence on the formation of pods. Put OU and the sips in the same pod and let OU continue to beat them. Keeps the sips in their place. We can be their cross division rivals in another pod and still play them every year. How these pods or divisions get set up is huge. It has the potential to set an advantage or a disadvantage depending upon how teams are aligned.
aggiehawg
AG
85AustinAg said:

Put pressure on the SEC for violation of contractual agreements and it might gain us some leverage. Maybe we can have more influence on the formation of pods. Put OU and the sips in the same pod and let OU continue to beat them. Keeps the sips in their place. We can be their cross division rivals in another pod and still play them every year. How these pods or divisions get set up is huge. It has the potential to set an advantage or a disadvantage depending upon how teams are aligned.
No annual game. Not in the same pod, nor division, no permanent rival. Period. Starting point.

Then the SEC will have to guarantee the dollars they are selling for this move.
JodyMcD96
AG
msubulldogntx said:

Recruits want what recruits want. I couldn't fathom TU and OU carrying the SEC banner and A&M being mr tough guy going to join the Big10 alone. Be careful what you wish for. My gosh what a disaster that would be for Texas A&M. Be proud and stand tall. A&M has EVERYTHING in its favor right now. Why ruin that?

When someone hoses you, you don't smile and take it. We did that for years. The old way was "well t-sips gonna t-sip, no sense in fighting about it"

Well, Bowen Loftin decided enough was enough. He sacked up and drug our asses into the SEC and showed us that we could stand on our own.

This is an SEC **** test. Taking this and keeping our mouths shut is failing that test. Either we were kept in the dark, which may be a breach of contract, or our leadership knew and kept us in the dark which means showing them the door.

Either way, we don't bich out and take it.
Post removed:
by user
Chester
geb83 said:

At this point, and if this happens w/o A&M being part of the discussion or kept in the dark, leaving the SEC would be fine with me.

Get Baylor, TCU, Tech, Rice, and look to gather a few other teams and reinvent the SWC.

At least at that point I could watch games in good conscience, knowing that one's word, honor and integrity actually mean something.

Maybe we could actually "wag the dog" for once. Not that we would, we are above those low handed tactics.
This may be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen on an Aggie forum. It has to be a joke.
Chester
JodyMcD96
AG
Showstopper said:

That would be awesome.
1991sir
Y'all are crazy, if you think sharp was in the dark on this....
MSU/SECALUM
Texas will have a vote 1 of 16.Over at Dirtburglars OU fans say this neuters Tevas and limits them
Dominion Caracas Branch
1991sir said:

Y'all are crazy, if you think sharp was in the dark on this....

Yeah, I think we had people who knew much earlier and we ****ed ourselves.

Those people should lose their job.
levypantsEOY
The hits keep on coming. Why does every development in this ongoing saga make our brand look increasingly impotent?
Aggie leadership needs a long cold look in the mirror.
We got played like a drum.
BadAggie
AG
Quartz said:

Does that seem more likely or that the Chancellor and President were informed but kept it quiet?
Tex117
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

. . . said:

Well I guess this answers the question of whether Greg Snake-y had informed A&M ahead of time or not.

Nah. This doesn't really say much.
MROD92
aggiehawg said:

85AustinAg said:

No annual game. Not in the same pod, nor division, no permanent rival. Period. Starting point.

Then the SEC will have to guarantee the dollars they are selling for this move.

That would be nice but i fear we have now re entered the Bebe bucks realm
Dominion Caracas Branch
BadAggie said:

Quartz said:

Does that seem more likely or that the Chancellor and President were informed but kept it quiet?

I could totally see sharp knowing and telling banks to keep quiet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.