Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Monday Board of Regents Meeting

29,392 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jock 07
JodyMcD96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dominion Caracas Branch said:

BadAggie said:

Quartz said:

Texas likely asked the SEC to keep it from A&M. So tu is wrecking the most open, balanced and fair conference before they even get into the conference. It only goes downhill from here.

Does that seem more likely or that the Chancellor and President were informed but kept it quiet?

I could totally see sharp knowing and telling banks to keep quiet.

In which case the BoR needs to remove them both, for cause, immediately.
aggiehawg
AG
MROD92 said:

aggiehawg said:

85AustinAg said:

Put pressure on the SEC for violation of contractual agreements and it might gain us some leverage. Maybe we can have more influence on the formation of pods. Put OU and the sips in the same pod and let OU continue to beat them. Keeps the sips in their place. We can be their cross division rivals in another pod and still play them every year. How these pods or divisions get set up is huge. It has the potential to set an advantage or a disadvantage depending upon how teams are aligned.
No annual game. Not in the same pod, nor division, no permanent rival. Period. Starting point.

Then the SEC will have to guarantee the dollars they are selling for this move.

That would be nice but i fear we have now re entered the Bebe bucks realm
Exactly. Beebe Bucks required the Little Five to agree to forgo a portion of their distributions to even make it work to keep us in 2010.

SEC needs to put their money where there mouth is. I don't believe the numbers that are being bandied about. If they were real, someone with gravitas and in the know would say so.

And I sill don't understand why Sankey didn't use media days to make this blockbuster announcement. The deal should have been done and the sips and sooners already given their notice to the Big XII.
MaroonStain
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

1. We need to make Sankey publicly admit that he acted without full-disclosure.
2. We need to leave. Respect has not been given.
3. We need to make it publicly known that we are open to the Big 10, ACC, and Independent status.

#1 - Yes, I agree.

#2 and #3...FFS...we are not leaving the SEC.
Dominion Caracas Branch

Quote:

And I sill don't understand why Sankey didn't use media days to make this blockbuster announcement. The deal should have been done and the sips and sooners already given their notice to the Big XII.
I really think espn is driving this and sankey is being played. espn wants to get out of the anchor that is the lhn and big12. This deal keeps the only big12 schools of real value under their thumb. This is to benefit espn first and foremost, any benefit to the sec or even ou/tu is secondary.

I'd be really surprised if there was a huge increase in our earnings because of ou/tu joining. It doesn't increase the network footprint, and the number of games increased is small.

Quote:

1. We need to make Sankey publicly admit that he acted without full-disclosure.
I'm not convinced he did. I think espn did, and then came to him. My instinct is that our people knew and they just kept quiet and went along.
BadAggie
AG
Makes more sense that SEC let Sharp/Young in on discussions than this silly middle school idea of keeping secrets from member schools because that's how Twitter thinks the world works.
Z Team
AG
The Texas is going to destroy the SEC is a weak objection, and frankly gives them more credit than they deserve. Saying they are liberal terd slime balls that don't make good partners and will attempt to screw you first chance they get especially if you are male, is a better objection imho.
fla_agfan
SECond2noneAgs said:

Buck Turgidson said:

We need to make Sankey regret ever crossing us like this. His career needs to be destroyed. Lets go Clinton on his a$$.

Don't you think Arkancide is a little extreme under these circumstances?

Nope
dixichkn
AG
levypantsEOY said:

The hits keep on coming. Why does every development in this ongoing saga make our brand look increasingly impotent?
Aggie leadership needs a long cold look in the mirror.
We got played like a drum.

Why you continually perpetuate this "we" charade.........
Faustus
Challenger 17 said:

All this feels exactly like what happened on November 4th 2020. A lot of underhanded s*** going on behind closed doors and gaslighting by the media. In this case, the sports media. I hate for the country and school I love to get f***ed over in the same year...

The legal aspect does have a kraken feel to it.
BigSneezy
WtHrOoOlPl said:

Seeing if the gentleman's agreement actually exists in any prior SEC arbitration or the bylaws still. Supposedly and current SEC member university also has a complete veto power regarding additional in-State teams being added to the conference, on top of the 75% acceptance vote required for any university to have their application accepted.

In actuality what that means is Texas A&M would be able to sit at the table and demand both more from the SEC as well as the 'sips in exchange for them finally bending and agreeing to the addition.

This isn't about not letting them in. This is about negotiating things well for A&M in whatever this future conference looks like.
Jock 07
AG
dixichkn said:

levypantsEOY said:

The hits keep on coming. Why does every development in this ongoing saga make our brand look increasingly impotent?
Aggie leadership needs a long cold look in the mirror.
We got played like a drum.

Why you continually perpetuate this "we" charade.........
Yup just as pathetic as this Mensa who outed himself.
https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3211953/last

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.